Zone1 Am I the only one surprised when they see a commercial with all white people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black stereotype.

"At Quaker Oats ... You know the corporation that owns what used to be Aunt Jemima ...
I don't know where they got the idea people would be okay with having a nice-looking plus size Black Woman
smiling at them over a plate of pancakes first thing in the morning.

We cannot stand any of that ... What kind of message does that send to our children?

I mean screw brand recognition and the ability for people to walk down the aisle at the grocery store ...
See and recognize exactly what they want and have been eating since they were three years old."

Yeah, right ... You do know that is just "woke" nonsense, don't you ...:yapyapyapf:

Last edited:

"At Quaker Oats ... You know the corporation that owns what used to be Aunt Jemima ...
I don't know where they got the idea people would be okay with having a nice-looking plus size Black Woman

I mean screw brand recognition and the ability for people to walk down the aisle at the grocery store ...
See and recognize exactly what they want and have been eating since they were three years old."

Yeah, right ... You do know that is just "woke" nonsense, don't you ...:yapyapyapf:

"I know ... I know ... That's just some scary stuff right there ... I can see why no one would want to look at that.
She's smiling, could stand to lose a few pounds ... And oh my goodness ... She's Black.

You would just be stupid to use a plus-sized model ... And what's with that look on her face.
What we need is a bunch of people making mountains out of mole hills ... To ensure we never have to look at big smiling Black Woman again."

Nonsense ...:yapyapyapf:

Only to a white racist.

"Damn straight ... And that's exactly why the people who kicked Aunt Jemima to the curb have an overweight Quaker white man as their logo.
Bunch of White people giving Aunt Jemima the axe ... She's lucky they didn't string her up."

"Damn straight ... And that's exactly why the people who kicked Aunt Jemima to the curb have an overweight Quaker white man as their logo.
Bunch of White people giving Aunt Jemima the axe ... She's lucky they didn't string her up."

Aunt Jemima is a fictional character.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
Commercials are very significant, sociologically speaking. Advertisers spend mountains of money trying to influence viewers to buy their products and services. Hence, when the demographics of commercials are distorted, one has to ask, Why?

Why do Cadillac commercials usually show a Black female driving their cars? How many Black females actually buy a Cadillac? It is a number approaching zero.

As noted above, POC's are grotesquely over-represented in television commercials. Couples with a white male and a Black female are common, even though that combination is microscopic in the general population. Sexual irregulars comprise a couple percent of the population (by actual polling), and yet they are about 20-25% of the characters in scripted television. Indeed, every program that shows a group of people incudes at least one sexual irregular. The Jerry Seinfeld show COULD NOT BE CAST today the way it was in the day it was made. Could not happen. There would have to be at least one openly gay character.

Sadly, one relatively recent innovation - the introduction of fat people into commercials - is actually more reflective of the general population, but still, is this the image those advertisers ought to be showing? A group of fat people lining up at the counter at Burger King? It's real, but is it wise to show it realistically?
How about Wal-Mart and their clientellleeee bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a realistic presentation of their customers could cause widespread depression. aka is this what Ameica has come to?

I don't remember what the commercial was for but last night I saw a commercial that had several people in it and for some reason it stood out to me all the people were white. Not only were they white but they actually talked in it also, it wasn't just music and someone dancing or anything.

Then I started thinking it stood out to me because it seems like most commercials I see are mostly non whites, or if they do have them they are in the minority or are part of a inter racial couple.

But I don't know, maybe it's just me. I'll admit though, it was nice to see all white faces.
Why are members of the subculture complaining about seeing blacks in commercials shown on a TV made by a white company, about a product made by a white company on TV Show ran by white people, on a network owned by whites?

I don't watch the most irritating commercials or TV shows.

Most commercials are filled with blacks so I mute almost all ads and do other things until the show resumes.

The newer L&O shows are loaded with blacks as commanding officers, every white cop is paired with a black partner, etc. I just don't watch the worst of them. L&O: SVU is still a decent show imo.

PBS now has loads of black programing. Documentaries and news shows. There's less and less worth watching, imo. It seems as though PBS has decided to become a part of BET. Lol. Screw them.

The situations mentioned above just bear no resemblance to reality. I'd greatly prefer media to more accurately portray our true population makeup. Everything on tv these days is a distortion of that reality.

Last edited:
Notice how in TV series and movies the Black is always the boss nowadays? The business executive, the Chief of Police, the Mayor, the billionaire, etc?

Funny as hell, isn't it? In reality it is much more likely that the Black would be on welfare or an ex con.
You mean like this reality?
Redmond WA Police Chief Darrell Lowe
1669966150487.png

Tacoma Police Chief Avery Moore
1669966368549.png

• Winner
Reactions: IM2

Most commercials are filled with blacks so I mute almost all ads and do other things until the show resumes.

The newer L&O shows are loaded with blacks as commanding officers, every white cop is paired with a black partner, etc. I just don't watch the worst of them. L&O: SVU is still a decent show imo.

PBS now has loads of black programing. Documentaries and news shows. There's less and less worth watching, imo. It seems as though PBS has decided to become a part of BET. Lol. Screw them.

The situations mentioned above just bear no resemblance to reality. I'd greatly prefer media to more accurately portray our true population makeup. Everything on tv these days is a distortion of that reality.

Reality shows that blacks watch more TV than anybody else so why is a business going to show a bunch of pasty pale, old white men to sell products? If you don't like it turn off your TV, go to the commons area and whine to the other old white folks at the facility about it.

We cannot stand any of that ... What kind of message does that send to our children?

There is nothing wrong with being woke. Aunt Jemima was a caraciture of the black "mammy". A very offensive depiction of a black woman.

I don't remember what the commercial was for but last night I saw a commercial that had several people in it and for some reason it stood out to me all the people were white. Not only were they white but they actually talked in it also, it wasn't just music and someone dancing or anything.

Then I started thinking it stood out to me because it seems like most commercials I see are mostly non whites, or if they do have them they are in the minority or are part of a inter racial couple.

But I don't know, maybe it's just me. I'll admit though, it was nice to see all white faces.

If in a commercial I see a family--mom and dad seemingly married and happy kids around--I don't give a crap if they're green and purple. We have a family.

I'm a conservative and I wish we would stop complaining about minorities on commercials. Bad look. WHO CARES

If in a commercial I see a family--mom and dad seemingly married and happy kids around--I don't give a crap if they're green and purple. We have a family.

I'm a conservative and I wish we would stop complaining about minorities on commercials. Bad look. WHO CARES
Hey boyo....if I wanted to live in Africa I would go there.....wait....they are bringing it here.....stealing our culture and replacing it with a black culture....long before whites become a minority.....to each his own but the more astute understand we are in a downard spiral leading to becoming just another 3rd world nation.

If anyone is confused about all this just look to what happened in S.Africa.

I rarely watch any t.v. at all.....once in a while I will tune into a news broadcast just to see what they are lying about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back