Zone1 Am I the only one surprised when they see a commercial with all white people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way to pay off the national debt
The way to pay off the national debt is to end ALL foreign aid. Stop all subsidies and social programs and make people get off of their lazy asses and work for a living. This isn't China, Russia or N. Korea. If you want to eat and have a warm place to live, EARN IT.

It is frustrating to try to reason with someone who refuses to accept facts drawn from credible sources.
Oh shut the hell up, you have no credible sources you're just a media med parrot.

Pay off the national debt and there will be support for spending. We can't continue to spend money we don't have. It is ridiculous that we are sending money to Ukraine and housing and supporting illegal immigrants when we don't have enough money to pay our own bills. SMFH
You vote for the debt when you voted for trump. We have the money, it's the spending priorities that's the proble. Furthermore,

Striving for racial equity – a world where race is no longera factor in the distribution of opportunity – is a matter ofsocial justice. But moving toward racial equity can generate significant economic returns as well. When people face barriers to achieving their full potential, the loss of talent, creativity, energy, and productivity is a burden not only for those disadvantaged, but for communities, businesses, governments, and the economy as a whole. Initial research on the magnitude of this burden in the United States (U.S.),as highlighted in this brief, reveals impacts in the trillions of dollars in lost earnings, avoidable public expenditures,and lost economic output.”
-The Kellogg Foundation and Altarum Institute

The way to pay off the national debt is to end ALL foreign aid. Stop all subsidies and social programs and make people get off of their lazy asses and work for a living. This isn't China, Russia or N. Korea. If you want to eat and have a warm place to live, EARN IT.

No, that's not it.

Some people are actually disabled.

Initial research on the magnitude of this burden in the United States (U.S.),as highlighted in this brief, reveals impacts in the trillions of dollars in lost earnings, avoidable public expenditures,and lost economic output.”
-The Kellogg Foundation and Altarum Institute
This would only be true if blacks and whites were equally productive in terms of average abilities. We obviously are not. White folks have higher IQ averages, for example. We are much less likely to have felony convictions.

While I agree ther
There are too many lazy people who live off welfare, I believe the help should be available for the elderly and truly disabled. I hate for children to have to suffer when their lazy parents won’t work to provide for their families.that is why I am all for temporary help until parents get back on their feet, but not for them to make a career out of freeloading.

If what you say is true then we need to impose massive tax increases of upper class incomes.
the top 5% already pay 80% of all federal income taxes. How much more would you tax them? Like it or not, rich people create jobs for the rest of us and carry the tax burden for the rest of us. your envy and jealousy is foolish and ignorant.

the top 5% already pay 80% of all federal income taxes. How much more would you tax them? Like it or not, rich people create jobs for the rest of us and carry the tax burden for the rest of us. your envy and jealousy is foolish and ignorant.

The overall tax system is only mildly progressive.

taxPercentage 2.png

Republican tax cuts for the rich have caused the national debt as a percentage of gross domestic product (GDP) to grow from 32% at the end of President Carter's administration to 129% at the end of President Trump's administration.

From the end of the Second World War to the end of Carter's administration the percentage of the national debt as a percentage of GDP declined from 114% to 32%. It declined during the wars in Korea and Vietnam. During this time the top tax rate never got below 70%, and was often much higher.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/02inpetr.pdf

Republican leaders used to value balanced budgets. Now they like a growing national debt because it makes it difficult for the Democrat Party to pass programs designed to help its national constituencies.

The GOP benefits when working class whites and lower middle class whites think, "The Democrats never did me any good. at least the Republicans won't take my guns."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back