am i doomed to hell?

It never ceases to amaze me how easily, and fervently people will carry the banner of a faith that slaughtered their ancestors, destroyed their culture, and raped their women...

nice boy friends don't let girl friends go to hell, if they can help it; in modern times.

Good news for you Daniel, Ha Shem doesn't allow the mentally ill to go to hell, you're assured a place in heaven by virtue of being retarded.

The books all say that.
Maybe you should read it.
Only if your misread it from an unintended perspective. The authors were each trying to present a lesson. Do you know what these lessons were?

The books all say that.
Only if your misread it from an unintended perspective. The authors were each trying to present a lesson. Do you know what these lessons were?

The Old Testament lesson is clear. Fuck with Old Testament Ha Shem and he would destroy your world.

Dude was the original troll. "Hey you down there , yeah you, carry your son up to the top of the hill and kill him, do it or I'll kill you" "DO IT..........." "Hahahahaha I was just kidding , don't murder your son, but I did turn your wife into a pillar of salt for the high crime of looking at me"

The Old Testament lesson is clear. Fuck with Old Testament Ha Shem and he would destroy your world.

Dude was the original troll. "Hey you down there , yeah you, carry your son up to the top of the hill and kill him, do it or I'll kill you" "DO IT..........." "Hahahahaha I was just kidding , don't murder your son, but I did turn your wife into a pillar of salt for the high crime of looking at me"
Funny, the Jesus you created in your own mind.

He Himself said He is ONE with the Father. He said you can know the Father if you know Him. They are the same. They do not think differently.

Jesus preached fire and brimstone. You'd be wise to listen -- or not.

Jesus doesn’t only reference hell, he describes it in great detail. He says it is a place of eternal torment (Luke 16:23), of unquenchable fire (Mark 9:43), where the worm does not die (Mark 9:48), where people will gnash their teeth in anguish and regret (Matt. 13:42), and from which there is no return, even to warn loved ones (Luke 16:19–31). He calls hell a place of “outer darkness” (Matt. 25:30), comparing it to “Gehenna” (Matt. 10:28), which was a trash dump outside the walls of Jerusalem where rubbish was burned and maggots abounded. Jesus talks about hell more than he talks about heaven, and describes it more vividly. There’s no denying that Jesus knew, believed, and warned against the absolute reality of hell.

The books all say that.
Do you take your whole book as a metaphor or just what is convenient?

I take it as literal, and I have to admit, OT Ha Shem is exactly the kind of God I would be. "You are my chosen people, now I know I know absolutely no one likes you or wants you around, but luckily for you I'm omnipotent so I'll just kill people who are on the land I want you to have"

Ot Ha Shem definitely would not have let Hitler kill 6M Jews. Come to think of it, OT Ha Shem would flatten the Palestinians just so the Israelite's would have land to put a pool in.

Funny, the Jesus you created in your own mind.

He Himself said He is ONE with the Father. He said you can know the Father if you know Him. They are the same. They do not think differently.

Jesus preached fire and brimstone. You'd be wise to listen -- or not.

Jesus doesn’t only reference hell, he describes it in great detail. He says it is a place of eternal torment (Luke 16:23), of unquenchable fire (Mark 9:43), where the worm does not die (Mark 9:48), where people will gnash their teeth in anguish and regret (Matt. 13:42), and from which there is no return, even to warn loved ones (Luke 16:19–31). He calls hell a place of “outer darkness” (Matt. 25:30), comparing it to “Gehenna” (Matt. 10:28), which was a trash dump outside the walls of Jerusalem where rubbish was burned and maggots abounded. Jesus talks about hell more than he talks about heaven, and describes it more vividly. There’s no denying that Jesus knew, believed, and warned against the absolute reality of hell.

The only thing Jesus has ever told me was that I am going to have find someone else to mow my lawn because He got deported again.

The books all say that.
Do you take your whole book as a metaphor or just what is convenient?
There are many literary styles used in the Bible. They all aren’t allegorical or metaphors.

So no. Serious people make serious efforts to understand what is trying to be conveyed.

Some of you know, i am a fairly close descendent of an ashkenazi jew. Only jew i know of in my family, so she slept out of her bloodline. Musta been a whore.. or she got raped by god like Mary..
anyways...
The ashkenazi tribe was the majority of rome when jesus died. So, i believe my ancestors killed jesus.
Since we all know the illogical mentality of the abrahamic god, am i doomed for the sins of my ancestors? We all know how god feels about that shit...
Should i be scared for my soul?
No. You will not go to Hel (the God of the dead from which the word Hell derives, played by Cate Blanchett in Thor: Ragnarok).

You will die with a rifle in your hand and join me in Valhalla to Feast, Fight, and Fuck for eternity.

:beer:

Let’s see... allegorical, historical, poetic, law, phrophetic, wisdoms to name a few.

Before reading each book some effort should be taken to research when it was written, who wrote it and what was the context of the day lest one misconstue what was written. What one should not do is read it like it was written yesterday. Lest you be made to look like a jackass by those who don’t.

Let’s see... allegorical, historical, poetic, law, phrophetic, wisdoms to name a few.

Before reading each book some effort should be taken to research when it was written, who wrote it and what was the context of the day lest one misconstue what was written. What one should not do is read it like it was written yesterday. Lest you be made to look like a jackass by those who don’t.

How many ways are there to interpret

"see that city down there? Run there and march around it seven times while blowing your horns and I'll kill every last one of those motherfuckers because detouring 10 miles out of the way to avoid that city on your way to where I want you to go is out of the question?"

Roy moore used the metaphor of fucking kids in the bible to justify his attractiveness to his wife when she was a kid.
Dont remember any of you fixing his horrible "interpretation" of that "metaphor"
Because its bologna

For instance the book of Job is the oldest book of the Bible. Job is not a Jew. It is considered to be a poetic literary style. Jews who believe that Satan is an angel who works for God and his job is to test us by tempting us point to Job as the basis for this belief. I on the other hand have a slightly different take in that the purpose of Job is to show that bad things do indeed happen to good people but good does come from it it’s just that most people can’t see how that can be possible.

"see that city down there? Run there and march around it seven times while blowing your horns and I'll kill every last one of those motherfuckers because detouring 10 miles out of the way to avoid that city on your way to where I want you to go is out of the question?"
You tell me. It seems you believe there is only one way.

You tell me. It seems you believe there is only one way.

If you don't know just say so. I already admitted I don't know, that's why I asked....

Forum List

Back