Zone1 How Players Make NBA Teams

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
Over the years I have read endless posts by people making claims about the NFL and NBA because very few whites play in those 2 leagues. Never mind that the same people making this complaint ignore baseball, hockey, tennis, NASCAR, or other racing leagues that are predominantly white.

What are NBA Tryouts?​

NBA tryouts are the way teams evaluate potential players and decide who makes the cut and who goes home. These tryouts can range from a few days to an entire week and involve a variety of drills and scrimmages.

The goal of a tryout is to determine which players are best suited to playing in the NBA. Teams look for players who demonstrate skill and athleticism, as well as a strong knowledge of the game and the ability to work with a team.

What Do NBA Tryouts Involve?​

The NBA tryout process usually consists of a few different stages. The first stage is the physical assessment, which involves taking height, weight and measurements. You’ll also be tested for speed, agility, and strength.

The next stage is the skill assessment. You’ll be asked to demonstrate your shooting, dribbling and passing skills. You’ll also be asked to participate in various drills and scrimmages.

The third stage is the interview process. The coaches and scouts will evaluate your character and attitude. They’ll also ask you questions about your basketball background and what you can bring to the team.

Anyone can try out for the NBA if they meet the criteria and everybody does the drillls, scrimmages, and interviews. If you have the skills, you make the team. Name another job where you get to display your ability to do the job before you ger hired.​

And you don't see this happening in the NBA for potential on court jobs.

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.”

You don't see white NBA GM's discarding resumes of white players. The whining about this ignores front office, management, training staffs and ownershp employment only to complain about the players. It's another dishonest argument.

Pro sports is a true meritocracy. Nothing to do with Race, wrong forum, champ.
No, it's the right forum. Because scrubs like you bitch about the NBA and NFL claiming they are racist against whites. Somebody had to show you whiny snivelling white grievance mongers that in order to make a NFL or NBA team you compete for the jobs and whoever does best wins the job. Unlike other businesses where scum likee you can just throw away resumes from blacks then bring your asses in here talking about how blacks need to value work.

No, it's the right forum. Because scrubs like you bitch about the NBA and NFL claiming they are racist against whites. Somebody had to show you whiny snivelling white grievance mongers that in order to make a NFL or NBA team you compete for the jobs and whoever does best wins the job. Unlike other businesses where scum likee you can just throw away resumes from blacks then bring your asses in here talking about how blacks need to value work.
I have posted EXACTLY the opposite of what you claim but you know that. Just for the record I have stated that clearly Black athletes have a physiological advantage as proven by the stunningly high percentage of Black athletes in the NBA and the NFL. They make up 7 percent of the population yet they make up at least 70 percent of both leagues.

Over the years I have read endless posts by people making claims about the NFL and NBA because very few whites play in those 2 leagues. Never mind that the same people making this complaint ignore baseball, hockey, tennis, NASCAR, or other racing leagues that are predominantly white.

What are NBA Tryouts?​

NBA tryouts are the way teams evaluate potential players and decide who makes the cut and who goes home. These tryouts can range from a few days to an entire week and involve a variety of drills and scrimmages.

The goal of a tryout is to determine which players are best suited to playing in the NBA. Teams look for players who demonstrate skill and athleticism, as well as a strong knowledge of the game and the ability to work with a team.

What Do NBA Tryouts Involve?​

The NBA tryout process usually consists of a few different stages. The first stage is the physical assessment, which involves taking height, weight and measurements. You’ll also be tested for speed, agility, and strength.

The next stage is the skill assessment. You’ll be asked to demonstrate your shooting, dribbling and passing skills. You’ll also be asked to participate in various drills and scrimmages.

The third stage is the interview process. The coaches and scouts will evaluate your character and attitude. They’ll also ask you questions about your basketball background and what you can bring to the team.

Anyone can try out for the NBA if they meet the criteria and everybody does the drillls, scrimmages, and interviews. If you have the skills, you make the team. Name another job where you get to display your ability to do the job before you ger hired.​

And you don't see this happening in the NBA for potential on court jobs.

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.”

You don't see white NBA GM's discarding resumes of white players. The whining about this ignores front office, management, training staffs and ownershp employment only to complain about the players. It's another dishonest argument.
Great post, as usual, brother.

It starts in JHS. Racist blacks gang up on young whites who switch to soccer baseball and golf//
Nah. Plenty of whites play basketball in high school, college, and AAU. Blacks live in the NE part of America. Why aren't more playing hockey? Racist whites gang up on them. I wrestled and there aren't a lot of black wrestlers. I faced racism from whites, including refs. So did other blacks.

I have posted EXACTLY the opposite of what you claim but you know that. Just for the record I have stated that clearly Black athletes have a physiological advantage as proven by the stunningly high percentage of Black athletes in the NBA and the NFL. They make up 7 percent of the population yet they make up at least 70 percent of both leagues.
As usual, I shut down your phony accusations and you run off to post more useless victim threads.

Forum List

Back