Alt-right protestor loses job after being outed

Charlottesville white nationalist demonstrator loses job at libertarian hot dog shop

After being “inundated with inquiries,” his former employer, Top Dog, in downtown Berkeley, posted a sign on its door that reads: “Effective Saturday 12th August, Cole White no longer works at Top Dog. The actions of those in Charlottesville are not supported by Top Dog. We believe in individual freedom and voluntary association for everyone,” multiple news outlets reported. The shop has a political bent of its own, as it’s well-known in Berkeley for the libertarian stickers and articles posted on its walls, and website.

Sign on the door of Top Dog on Durant Ave confirms Cole White is no longer employed by the chain pic.twitter.com/ROwAed2NOl

I have mixed feelings about this. I believe public shaming is an effective way to deal with hate-mongers and those associated with Alt-right and white pride/nationalists.

However, I also see them like sick alcoholics. These people need help--intervention and treatment. They are sick-minded deluded people, members of a cult which teaches hate, fuels resentment. Cult members often need some form of deprogramming to get them healthy.

Public Shaming?

I feel the same way about fags

-Geaux

Then why do you usually meet with them in private?

Charlottesville white nationalist demonstrator loses job at libertarian hot dog shop

After being “inundated with inquiries,” his former employer, Top Dog, in downtown Berkeley, posted a sign on its door that reads: “Effective Saturday 12th August, Cole White no longer works at Top Dog. The actions of those in Charlottesville are not supported by Top Dog. We believe in individual freedom and voluntary association for everyone,” multiple news outlets reported. The shop has a political bent of its own, as it’s well-known in Berkeley for the libertarian stickers and articles posted on its walls, and website.

Sign on the door of Top Dog on Durant Ave confirms Cole White is no longer employed by the chain pic.twitter.com/ROwAed2NOl

I have mixed feelings about this. I believe public shaming is an effective way to deal with hate-mongers and those associated with Alt-right and white pride/nationalists.

However, I also see them like sick alcoholics. These people need help--intervention and treatment. They are sick-minded deluded people, members of a cult which teaches hate, fuels resentment. Cult members often need some form of deprogramming to get them healthy.

I know where I work they will fire you if you could embarrasse the company. So if dude had his work shirt on then I'm glad he was fired.

That's different because he brought the company name to his political event. I'm sure that wasn't the case.

Let me know when they start outing the thugs on the other side.

I believe in fairness.

People who oppose white supremacists and Nazis aren't "thugs". The white supremacists and the Nazis are "thugs" and should be opposed until there isn't a single one left.

The purpose of WWII was to rid the world of Nazis and white supremacist scum. We shouldn't even have to discuss it.

You need to look up the word thug

I smell a lawsuit.

Nope. People get fired for social media posts all of the time. This is no different.

Only if they are criticizing their employer or something like that. What we have here is a person fired for having a political position which is not right.

What if you walked into work one morning and your boss said you were fired because he found out you married a black woman? Would you be okay with that?

Public Shaming?

-Geaux

Takes the pressure off you being found out.:gay:

I smell a lawsuit.

Nope. People get fired for social media posts all of the time. This is no different.

Only if they are criticizing their employer or something like that. What we have here is a person fired for having a political position which is not right.

What if you walked into work one morning and your boss said you were fired because he found out you married a black woman? Would you be okay with that?

You're wrong,dude. What's his face at CNN just got canned for tweeting seig heil. Firing some one for marrying someone of another race is discriminatory, firing you, who represents his brand, for being a white supremacist in public, is acceptable.

I smell a lawsuit.

You're wrong,dude. What's his face at CNN just got canned for tweeting seig heil.

I wouldn't know. The only time I watch CNN is if I'm stuck somewhere waiting for a meal or at the doctors office. The difference of course is that a public figure always represents his company. More than likely what's his face on Twitter had a lot of followers from his CNN program.

Public Shaming?

-Geaux

Then why do you usually meet with them in private?

:clap2:

Public Shaming?

-Geaux

Takes the pressure off you being found out.:gay:
:clap:

I think the dismissal is justified. If I were a Jew or black I wouldn't feel comfortable having my wiener served up by a white nationalist. If I was the hotdog shop's owner I would have a trust issue having that person serve those customers. With one act of hate he could wreck the guy's business.

These people need help--intervention and treatment.

They've been given help for years! And have they welcomed it? Hell, no!
Notwithstanding that one need only look around to find ample evidence of the irrationality of discrimination and its causes, just what does it take to see that hobbling the productivity and innovativeness of material segments of a society cannot possibly maximize the benefits all realize within that society? IMO, if one cannot reason at least that much, one is beyond being helped.

I don't have mixed feelings if I had someone working for me they are a representative of me and my company and they're fired if it could be proved they were at a violent rally and that goes for either side left or right. A non-violent rally to me is no weapons. I imagine if caught on camera some of the leftists that were there will be fired too.
Outside of the shift of their employ, they do not represent you. Get over yourself. They've oulawed slavery. Didn't you get the memo?

I smell a lawsuit.

For what?

Never mind, we know you don't need a legitimate reason to file a suit.

How about the guy sees this as a wake-up call.

You can't fire somebody because you found out they have a political belief you reject. How would you like it if employers started firing people because they found out they voted Democrat? Would you be fine with that? How would you rule on a lawsuit if you were on the jury?

Being a Nazi isn't a "protected class" and it's not a religion, so yes you can fire the racist pigs.

I cannot believe the number of posters here defending these odious waste of skin. Trump speaks more harshly of immigrants and refugees, than he does about people who yearn for genocide of non-whites, Jews and Catholics.

Deplorable doesn't even begin to cover it.

I smell a lawsuit.

For what?

You can't fire somebody because you found out they have a political belief you reject. How would you like it if employers started firing people because they found out they voted Democrat? Would you be fine with that? How would you rule on a lawsuit if you were on the jury?

Being a Nazi isn't a "protected class" and it's not a religion, so yes you can fire the racist pigs.

I cannot believe the number of posters here defending these odious waste of skin. Trump speaks more harshly of immigrants and refugees, than he does about people who yearn for genocide of non-whites, Jews and Catholics.

Why not just take them to the nearest tree and lynch them?

According you, they don't seem to have freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, the right to a trial, etc etc.

You march with racist, scum, Nazis; you lose your job. Go ahead and march with this scum. Then you can start collecting unemployment and food stamps.

I don't have mixed feelings if I had someone working for me they are a representative of me and my company and they're fired if it could be proved they were at a violent rally and that goes for either side left or right. A non-violent rally to me is no weapons. I imagine if caught on camera some of the leftists that were there will be fired too.
Outside of the shift of their employ, they do not represent you. Get over yourself. They've oulawed slavery. Didn't you get the memo?

They outlawed slavery while doing nothing to ameliorate the harm is caused blacks.
I smell a lawsuit.

For what?

According you, they don't seem to have freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, the right to a trial, etc etc.

Nazis don't believe in any of those things. They believe in simply killing undesirables. Hence the concentration camps, imprisonment with out trial, execution simply for being Jewish, Roma or Catholic.

They outlawed slavery while doing nothing to ameliorate the harm is caused blacks.
I smell a lawsuit.

For what?

Nazis don't believe in any of those things. They believe in simply killing undesirables. Hence the concentration camps, imprisonment with out trial, execution simply for being Jewish, Roma or Catholic.

I'm not asking what you think Nazis believe.

I'm asking if we should bypass American law in their case?

I smell a lawsuit.

For what?

They've been free to leave this country ever since they were freed if they disliked the conditions here. None of them are hostages.

I smell a lawsuit.

Not if they're in a right to work state.

Beyond that. With social media, the secrets you once had aren't secrets anymore. Those strange little men in trench coats sitting in the back of the theater have found other strange little men in trench coats sitting in the back of a theater and don't mind posting selfies.

A legal question. Is an employer responsible if an employee belongs to a known terrorist organization, the employer has/or should have knowledge, and that employee commits destructive acts not within the parameters of employment but could effect/affect the employers work safety?

Forum List

Back