Allow me to voice support for Senator Warren

Pot has been around for a long time too and the whole "it's a gateway drug" bullshit has been debunked many times over. Pot is far less dangerous than alcohol and all we have done by continuing to fight the War on Drugs in this country is erode our Constitution and empower our police state.
We the people say differently.....

We the people clearly say legalize it, because that's what's been happening for the last three years at an accelerating pace. This is another battle you are going to lose, like it or not.
So vote accordingly....until then, we the people clearly said no...l

Trump is for law and order.....that will fix all of this....

The ball on legalization is already rolling. It's not going to be stopped. It's going to continue to be legalized in more states with each passing year. A true conservative would support the legalization effort, not support bigger government and a larger police state, but so-called conservatives these days have always been full of shit when it comes to practicing what they claim they believe.
Conservativism doesn't mean no government or as small as humanly possible. Pot has had a hard time because everybody knows a pothead and worries it can lead to harder stuff. Alcohol has been around for thousands of years.

Pot has been around for a long time too and the whole "it's a gateway drug" bullshit has been debunked many times over. Pot is far less dangerous than alcohol and all we have done by continuing to fight the War on Drugs in this country is erode our Constitution and empower our police state.
Pot has not been part of history, sure some tribes may have toked up but alcohol has been well established across almost every culture. Many druggies do start off on pot so I can't debunk the gateway drug thing. Pot and booze are very different but most people don't have problem with booze even though it's readily available. For me pot alters the mind and changes one's world view, to me that's more dangerous. Potheads do wreck too you know.

But it should be a state issue, if the people decide and want it so be it. That's where the constitution comes in.

The ball on legalization is already rolling. It's not going to be stopped. It's going to continue to be legalized in more states with each passing year. A true conservative would support the legalization effort, not support bigger government and a larger police state, but so-called conservatives these days have always been full of shit when it comes to practicing what they claim they believe.
Conservativism doesn't mean no government or as small as humanly possible. Pot has had a hard time because everybody knows a pothead and worries it can lead to harder stuff. Alcohol has been around for thousands of years.
Liberty and drugs can not coexist.....that's my fear....

Why not? Doesn't Liberty mean freedom? Freedom to do drugs, or not. Freedom to go out at night and have a debate. Do I want the double order of Chilli Cheese Fries or the big rack of BBQ Ribs with all that Cholesterol.

Maximum Liberty would be minimal Government, and that would mean no drug war. At least that is the position of the Libertarian party.

Senator Warren falsely claims to be an American Indian. You really can't move past THAT lie and believe anything she days afterwards. That, as they say, is a 'show-stopper'.

It's like the white Democrat who insists she is black. Good grief!

Why not? Doesn't Liberty mean freedom? Freedom to do drugs, or not. Freedom to go out at night and have a debate. Do I want the double order of Chilli Cheese Fries or the big rack of BBQ Ribs with all that Cholesterol.

Maximum Liberty would be minimal Government, and that would mean no drug war. At least that is the position of the Libertarian party.
Which is why they win so little. Most people don't want more crack heads around because they would have to live in the shithole they would create.

Liberty does not mean freedom....

Liberty and freedom are two completely unrelated different things....

As for the (L)ibertarian party, they are a joke.....and stand for whatever....

Pot has not been part of history, sure some tribes may have toked up but alcohol has been well established across almost every culture.

False. Hemp production has been around for centuries and it has useful industrial purposes, but because of the paranoia of marijuana it can't even be used for those purposes anymore.

Many druggies do start off on pot so I can't debunk the gateway drug thing.

Millions of people, including myself, have smoked pot and never do anything more than that.

Pot and booze are very different but most people don't have problem with booze even though it's readily available. For me pot alters the mind and changes one's world view, to me that's more dangerous. Potheads do wreck too you know

Agreed. Pot and alcohol are very different. You don't anywhere near as fucked up smoking a blunt as you do drinking. You don't get hung over the next day, you don't start puking and end up in the ER.

But it should be a state issue, if the people decide and want it so be it. That's where the constitution comes in.

Exactly. Funny how so many conservatives have a problem with the Tenth Amendment when they don't agree with it.

We the people clearly say legalize it, because that's what's been happening for the last three years at an accelerating pace. This is another battle you are going to lose, like it or not.

Where did the people clearly say no? Ten out of the eleven states so far have legalized it when given the option on the public ballot. The only state so far that has rejected pot legalization when put on the ballot was Ohio and a lot of that was due to how the proceeds were going to be spent and who was going to get licensed to sell it.

Liberty is making your own decisions for yourself and accepting the consequences of those actions. You just demonstrated the problem with modern day conservatism. You people claim to support liberty, but you have no clue what it is.
So meth should be legal?

I think all drugs should be legal or decriminalized at the very least, but nobody is talking about legalizing all drugs. Marijuana is a no brainer, however. There are millions of people who actively smoke and they're not going to stop so to continue wasting tax dollars on failing to control human behavior and enabling cartel activity, stop fighting it already. It makes no sense.

Where did the people clearly say no? Ten out of the eleven states so far have legalized it when given the option on the public ballot. The only state so far that has rejected pot legalization when put on the ballot was Ohio and a lot of that was due to how the proceeds were going to be spent and who was going to get licensed to sell it.
Oh, I'm sorry, is it not against federal law? Link?

Everyone should be careful about the candy that they play with, however they do not. The really addicting drugs should therefore be controlled.

Cannabis is not really addicting although like candy it can be hard to resist once you get started. Physicians in Colorado are noticing more and more heavy users of cannabis showing up at E/R's. The heavy users' various maladies has forced some of them to quit cold turkey. Then they always say it is better to be clean.

It seems to me that cannabis is a lot like alcohol. Not as bad as nicotine though.

Do I care if people are growing, smoking, buying and/or selling cannabis?

As long as they are not also murdering to protect their sales markets then it is fine with me.

The problem is that Negroes in Chicago have turned that place into a war zone over dope. They can't seem to get enough of a good thing. And they cannot resist murdering. You can take them out of the jungle but not take the jungle out of them apparently. This gets proved over and over again someplace else on the evening news.

I don't do dope and never have. Never will. Booze works for me just fine.

Fine. Arrest them and try them. Then the Jury says not guilty. Then what do you do? Arrest them and try then again and again? The jury trial was not jut supposed to find out if the person did the thing. The jury was supposed to decide if it was an unjust law or unjustly applied.

Now what is funny here is in one response you decry big government because people can sue one another. Then you demand absolute slavish obedience to the same Big Government.

Are you sure you are conservative?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Fine. Arrest them and try them. Then the Jury says not guilty. Then what do you do? Arrest them and try then again and again? The jury trial was not jut supposed to find out if the person did the thing. The jury was supposed to decide if it was an unjust law or unjustly applied.

Now what is funny here is in one response you decry big government because people can sue one another. Then you demand absolute slavish obedience to the same Big Government.

You don't need to arrest anyone.

Eventually dope will cause everyplace with sufficient amounts of it available to turn into another Chicago.

Really? Liberty doesn't mean freedom? I guess I better get some white out and fix the dictionary.

the definition of liberty

[lib-er-tee]
noun, plural liberties.
freedom from arbitrary or despotic government or control.
freedom from external or foreign rule; independence.

We will go after the states....the law is the law...

And yes, I am a conservative....liberty tells the .gov to say no to drugs, it's the smallest government option.....

Really? Liberty doesn't mean freedom? I guess I better get some white out and fix the dictionary.

the definition of liberty

[lib-er-tee]
noun, plural liberties.
freedom from arbitrary or despotic government or control.
freedom from external or foreign rule; independence.

Correct....Liberty does not equal freedom

Pot shops? You voice support for senator Warren because she wants to make it easier for dope dealers to sell marijuana to your freaking kids? You almost gotta laugh at a time when federal, state and local governments are cracking down on smoking (legal) tobacco products the freaking crazy left thinks it's fine to make it easier to smoke a gateway drug.

Liberty is making your own decisions for yourself and accepting the consequences of those actions. You just demonstrated the problem with modern day conservatism. You people claim to support liberty, but you have no clue what it is.
So meth should be legal?

I think all drugs should be legal or decriminalized at the very least, but nobody is talking about legalizing all drugs. Marijuana is a no brainer, however. There are millions of people who actively smoke and they're not going to stop so to continue wasting tax dollars on failing to control human behavior and enabling cartel activity, stop fighting it already. It makes no sense.
I was responding to a Libertarian I think. They typically have a hands off attitude to drugs. If not they are a bit inconsistent when saying government should not be involved in personal decisions.

My point is pot laws should not come from central government but by the state. Let the people decide, that's the constitutional way.

Forum List

Back