Allow me to voice support for Senator Warren

Liberals need people like you for their survival.....soma is the only way forward for them.....

so you have no argument against my lawsuit prediction, and you resort to insults. Oh, you know I voted for Trump right?
Slow down, reread my post....

I am not calling you a liberal, I am calling you a tool that they need for their survival...

Lawsuits are just more big government....so that is no answer to anything....

Ok, let's be careful here. I think you are mistaking a few things. First, lawsuits are almost always between two private parties. When government is involved, it is either when the Federal Government sues a city or state for a civil rights violation, or when someone sues the government for a similar violation.

Normally it's when Bob backs the company truck into Frank's car. Rarely is it like the aforementioned Tobacco Settlement when the states sued to recoup losses to Medicaid from smoking related illnesses. That was settled, not decided by the jury.

Now, the way these lawsuits would work is pretty much like every other lawsuit. Bob does a line of cocaine, and bob sues the Cocaine dealer, distributed, and manufacturer. Bob's lawyer probably found on the back cover of the phone book argues that there is no way that Cocaine can be safe because raw gasoline is poured over the cocoa leaves to make the paste. Raw gasoline is a known cancer causing agent, etc. The jury agrees and awards ten million dollars in real and punitive damages to Bob. Bob is only one of thousands of lawsuits that will be filed on day one.

None of that is big Government. It's in the Constitution that we are able to sue for damages. See the Seventh Amendment. That is the extent of the "big government" that you decry. The fact that the Founders saw fit to insure that you were a)able to sue someone and b) able to collect damages.

Otherwise, the limit of the "big government" involvement is the court itself. Which is pretty much what the courts are for.
Oh, I though lawsuits involved courts, which are .gov......

No thank you, I will stick with Liberty, it's far simpler.....

I understand. The Constitution is such a pain in the ass way to base a Government on.
Yep....limited .gov is a bitch.....

Now, the way these lawsuits would work is pretty much like every other lawsuit. Bob does a line of cocaine, and bob sues the Cocaine dealer, distributed, and manufacturer. Bob's lawyer probably found on the back cover of the phone book argues that there is no way that Cocaine can be safe because raw gasoline is poured over the cocoa leaves to make the paste. Raw gasoline is a known cancer causing agent, etc. The jury agrees and awards ten million dollars in real and punitive damages to Bob. Bob is only one of thousands of lawsuits that will be filed on day one.

None of that is big Government. It's in the Constitution that we are able to sue for damages. See the Seventh Amendment. That is the extent of the "big government" that you decry. The fact that the Founders saw fit to insure that you were a)able to sue someone and b) able to collect damages.

Otherwise, the limit of the "big government" involvement is the court itself. Which is pretty much what the courts are for.
I don't know where you got your law degree but when you are doing an illegal drug you have no legal basis for a claim. Illegal = outside of the law. Outside of the law = beyond the court's interest.

I don't know if you cut it out of the thread, but the first response in which I wrote about Lawsuits started with this.

About ten seconds after the drugs are legalized there would be a stampede to file the lawsuits.

I guess you missed it.

so you have no argument against my lawsuit prediction, and you resort to insults. Oh, you know I voted for Trump right?

I am not calling you a liberal, I am calling you a tool that they need for their survival...

Ok, let's be careful here. I think you are mistaking a few things. First, lawsuits are almost always between two private parties. When government is involved, it is either when the Federal Government sues a city or state for a civil rights violation, or when someone sues the government for a similar violation.

Normally it's when Bob backs the company truck into Frank's car. Rarely is it like the aforementioned Tobacco Settlement when the states sued to recoup losses to Medicaid from smoking related illnesses. That was settled, not decided by the jury.

I understand. The Constitution is such a pain in the ass way to base a Government on.

Yeah. So how do you square your disdain for lawsuits when the Constitution actually addresses them?

There is the 7th Amendment, Seventh Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

Then there is Article III of the Constitution. Article Three of the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority;—to all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls;—to all Cases of admiralty and maritime Jurisdiction;—to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party;—to Controversies between two or more States;—between a State and Citizens of another State;—between Citizens of different States;—between Citizens of the same State claiming Lands under Grants of different States, and between a State, or the Citizens thereof, and foreign States, Citizens or Subjects.

Now, why is it you hate the Constitution again?

Last edited:

Yeah. So how do you square your disdain for lawsuits when the Constitution actually addresses them?

There is the 7th
Oh those screwed up checks and balances always anger people who try to expand one of the three branches of .gov.....

I don't know where you got your law degree but when you are doing an illegal drug you have no legal basis for a claim. Illegal = outside of the law. Outside of the law = beyond the court's interest.

I don't know if you cut it out of the thread, but the first response in which I wrote about Lawsuits started with this.

About ten seconds after the drugs are legalized there would be a stampede to file the lawsuits.

I guess you missed it.
What are you basing that on? It isn't law. Typically legal cases arise with injury, not simple availability.

Senator Warren is in the news today. Curiously, she is not doing what the rest of the Democratic Party is falling over themselves to do, and that is insult Trump, Trump Voters, or people who did not vote for Hillary. Instead, she is doing something constructive, which is a pleasant change since Election Day.

Elizabeth Warren has come out offering her support for eliminating the banking rules that prevent anyone who is involved in the business of selling or testing or providing security to Pot Shops from having accounts.

US Sen. Warren seeks to pull pot shops out of banking limbo

I support this, but then again I support pretty much any legalization effort. Not because I am lighting up daily, weekly, monthly or whatever. In the interest of honesty I'll tell you all this. I tried it at the age of 14 and got violently ill. Since that time, my medical records have shown me as allergic to Marijuna. Including my medical records in the Army. It's one of a half dozen substances that I am allergic to. So no, I am not a supporter because I'm a user. I'm a supporter because I believe that it makes far more sense to legalize drugs than it does to continue the fruitless war on drugs.

So I'd like to congratulate and tip the proverbial hat to Senator Warren. Rather than the spiteful actions of the Federal Government in response to the voter supported legalization efforts passing all over the place, she is looking at actually serving the interests of the people.
Go Photahontas...I'm not a user...I'm an investor...need to make some profit here!

I guess you missed it.
What are you basing that on? It isn't law. Typically legal cases arise with injury, not simple availability.

I used Cocaine as one example. The use of raw gasoline in the production process is well known. Gasoline is not suitable for ingestion in any way.

Unsafe products are certain to create injury. There is no safe amount of Heroine, or Crystal Meth. So if someone purchased it "legally" then they could sue the seller. No amount of assumption of risk disclaimers would protect the seller, manufacturers or distribution network.

Then of course, there is personal injury and liability. The person who uses the drugs would have to explain how the presence of mind altering drugs in their system was not a factor in whatever accident they had. Uber drivers would end up owing their pay checks for life for one accident.

Lawyers, like the ones who sued Blitz gas cans, would find a way. The juries, like the ones who found that McDonalds was negligent by serving Coffee hot, would happily award millions and billions to the plaintiff's.

Those awards would be taxed, so instead of spending billions on the fight against drugs, a war that has accomplished less than nothing, the billions would be made in taxes.

Trump is for law and order.....that will fix all of this....

The ball on legalization is already rolling. It's not going to be stopped. It's going to continue to be legalized in more states with each passing year. A true conservative would support the legalization effort, not support bigger government and a larger police state, but so-called conservatives these days have always been full of shit when it comes to practicing what they claim they believe.

I guess you missed it.

I used Cocaine as one example. The use of raw gasoline in the production process is well known. Gasoline is not suitable for ingestion in any way.

Unsafe products are certain to create injury. There is no safe amount of Heroine, or Crystal Meth. So if someone purchased it "legally" then they could sue the seller. No amount of assumption of risk disclaimers would protect the seller, manufacturers or distribution network.

Then of course, there is personal injury and liability. The person who uses the drugs would have to explain how the presence of mind altering drugs in their system was not a factor in whatever accident they had. Uber drivers would end up owing their pay checks for life for one accident.

Lawyers, like the ones who sued Blitz gas cans, would find a way. The juries, like the ones who found that McDonalds was negligent by serving Coffee hot, would happily award millions and billions to the plaintiff's.

Those awards would be taxed, so instead of spending billions on the fight against drugs, a war that has accomplished less than nothing, the billions would be made in taxes.
Well I believe heroin can be used safely for pain but you are mixing apples and oranges. To be legal a product must meet safety and health standards. In McDs case they did serve the coffee too hot. No suits were filed when they started serving coffee. But we are getting way off in the weeds here, no pun intended.

The ball on legalization is already rolling. It's not going to be stopped. It's going to continue to be legalized in more states with each passing year. A true conservative would support the legalization effort, not support bigger government and a larger police state, but so-called conservatives these days have always been full of shit when it comes to practicing what they claim they believe.
Conservativism doesn't mean no government or as small as humanly possible. Pot has had a hard time because everybody knows a pothead and worries it can lead to harder stuff. Alcohol has been around for thousands of years.

Senator Warren is in the news today. Curiously, she is not doing what the rest of the Democratic Party is falling over themselves to do, and that is insult Trump, Trump Voters, or people who did not vote for Hillary. Instead, she is doing something constructive, which is a pleasant change since Election Day.

Elizabeth Warren has come out offering her support for eliminating the banking rules that prevent anyone who is involved in the business of selling or testing or providing security to Pot Shops from having accounts.

US Sen. Warren seeks to pull pot shops out of banking limbo

I support this, but then again I support pretty much any legalization effort. Not because I am lighting up daily, weekly, monthly or whatever. In the interest of honesty I'll tell you all this. I tried it at the age of 14 and got violently ill. Since that time, my medical records have shown me as allergic to Marijuna. Including my medical records in the Army. It's one of a half dozen substances that I am allergic to. So no, I am not a supporter because I'm a user. I'm a supporter because I believe that it makes far more sense to legalize drugs than it does to continue the fruitless war on drugs.

So I'd like to congratulate and tip the proverbial hat to Senator Warren. Rather than the spiteful actions of the Federal Government in response to the voter supported legalization efforts passing all over the place, she is looking at actually serving the interests of the people.

Here's your problem. Take a real good look at Mexico. They legalized drugs in Mexico. Decriminalized many. That led to cartels. Now they have beheadings in Acapulco for crying out loud.Cartels in the open. Carrying out hit jobs. Drugs are big business.

Basically Wall Street but with guns and heavy ammo.

But back to basics. They start to lace the weed to make certain you are a continual buyer. It's serious tactic when they move in to take control of a region. Make it legal all you want but the pusher man will always make the illegal high the one you want. The one that takes you higher.

Look at what is happening with opioids. Sheesh. This is not a simple problem. And it requires a complex solution.

What happens here when something is legal? It is immediately sued. Ten seconds after the drugs become legal, there would be a stampede to every courthouse to file a class action lawsuit against the cartels. Instead of thugs with guns, the cartels would go broke hiring lawyers. Look at Tobacco, thanks to the Tobacco settlement, the states make more money off cigarettes than the tobacco companies do.

Seriously, think it through. When you get a cup of coffee it has hot printed all over it so that you are aware that coffee is served hot. Why? Thanks to a lawsuit of course. Winnebago was sued because they never said that cruise control was not an automatic pilot. They lost the lawsuit and had to pay the "victim" who thought that he could get up and go in the back and make himself a sandwich.

Let's ignore Marijuana for a moment, and look at Cocaine. Raw Gasoline is poured over the Cocoa paste to help break down the paste and to help it crystallize. Now, what lawyer is going to explain that this is a perfectly acceptable processing technique that has no harmful or residual effects? Every lawsuit would result in millions for the nations BMW dealers as lawyers go and buy themselves a new car with their "fees" and awards.

Seriously, the worst thing we could do to the Cartels is make them legal. Because ten seconds after those guys with guns are unemployed, and the demand for lawyers skyrockets. Gangs that deal drugs in the cities would lose a huge chunk of their profit, and there is no way to make it up with either robbery or muggings. Do you think the Gangs will open up a legitimate store front and start selling and collecting sales tax?

Drugs in Mexico aren't really legalized. That's why the Mexican Army is usually chasing the drug dealers who aren't paying them protection money through various hills. El Chapo wasn't arrested for being a douche who tunneled through environmentally protected areas. He was a drug lord and cartel boss. Word is that they have him in a really secure Motel 6 now.

Legalize it, and watch it vaporize. Because no company is going to get hit with those kinds of product liability lawsuits. Blitz gas cans went out of business because of lawsuits. Now you can only buy cans that take three hands to operate.

When you get a cup of coffee it has hot printed all over it so that you are aware that coffee is served hot

Only a fucking retarded liberal would need a lawsuit to tell him or her something was hot or dangerous.

Here's your problem. Take a real good look at Mexico. They legalized drugs in Mexico. Decriminalized many. That led to cartels. Now they have beheadings in Acapulco for crying out loud.Cartels in the open. Carrying out hit jobs. Drugs are big business.

That is absolutely false. First of all, Mexico didn't decriminalize until 2009 and there is still a limit to what you can possess. Second, selling drugs in Mexico is still illegal regardless of the decriminalization effort, thus, keeping the black market in place. Third, drug cartels didn't just gain power in 2009 when small amounts of some drugs were decriminalized. That shit has been going on since the 70s. They've been there for decades and they gained more power as North and Central America ramped up their failed "War" on drugs.

Trump will follow the law, as he said....that pretty much is the end of the conversation....

Conservativism doesn't mean no government or as small as humanly possible. Pot has had a hard time because everybody knows a pothead and worries it can lead to harder stuff. Alcohol has been around for thousands of years.
Liberty and drugs can not coexist.....that's my fear....

Pot has been around for a long time too and the whole "it's a gateway drug" bullshit has been debunked many times over. Pot is far less dangerous than alcohol and all we have done by continuing to fight the War on Drugs in this country is erode our Constitution and empower our police state.

Pot has been around for a long time too and the whole "it's a gateway drug" bullshit has been debunked many times over. Pot is far less dangerous than alcohol and all we have done by continuing to fight the War on Drugs in this country is erode our Constitution and empower our police state.
We the people say differently.....

Trump will follow the law, as he said....that pretty much is the end of the conversation....

You can end what ever conversation you want, but I assure you he's not going to do anything to stop it. You tards said the same thing about gay marriage.

We the people say differently.....

We the people clearly say legalize it, because that's what's been happening for the last three years at an accelerating pace. This is another battle you are going to lose, like it or not.

Liberty is making your own decisions for yourself and accepting the consequences of those actions. You just demonstrated the problem with modern day conservatism. You people claim to support liberty, but you have no clue what it is.

Liberty is making your own decisions for yourself and accepting the consequences of those actions. You just demonstrated the problem with modern day conservatism. You people claim to support liberty, but you have no clue what it is.
No, that's freedom....

Liberty does NOT equal freedom....

Forum List

Back