All sports viewing are down not just the NFL, but also the NBA and

anyone got stats on ATTENDANCE at sporting events?. Long ago-----I attended (related to my profession) ---lessons on terrorism preparedness. There were lectures on LIKELY venues for terrorist actions-----LONG AGO---like more than ten years ago. One of the most important venues was SPORTING EVENTS. In fact the lecturer (a homeland security guy) said that he would never bring his family to a sports event. THUS, I wonder if attendance rates are down as
WORD gets around

Yes --- we've posted attendance figures for the entire NFL season (to date) and with the exceptions of a couple of teams that made ill-advised relocations, the stadia are packed.

People go to a sports event to watch sports, not for politics.

Disrespecting the flag did not help them. Rating are down because of the kneeling, cord cutting, and because with the NFL - you only get 11 minutes of actual action- spread over 3 hours! Filled with commercials, endless replays, penalty after penalty, booth reviews, and constant blabbering. As a bonus, the players are brain damaged....:rofl:

I haven't watched a game all year and have no plans to. Their product sucks......

anyone got stats on ATTENDANCE at sporting events?. Long ago-----I attended (related to my profession) ---lessons on terrorism preparedness. There were lectures on LIKELY venues for terrorist actions-----LONG AGO---like more than ten years ago. One of the most important venues was SPORTING EVENTS. In fact the lecturer (a homeland security guy) said that he would never bring his family to a sports event. THUS, I wonder if attendance rates are down as
WORD gets around

Yes --- we've posted attendance figures for the entire NFL season (to date) and with the exceptions of a couple of teams that made ill-advised relocations, the stadia are packed.

right-----that's why the events make SOFT TARGETS

They say its due mainly to cord cutting , crowd watching, and they do not include streaming the games or sports. Some may boycott due to the kneelers, which are not shown on TV anymore, so if you do have
a TV and cable you are only hurting yourself if you do not watch.

also I've read Mon and Thurs night games are too much saturation. When I had to watch the Lions whip the Packers Mon night (loved it), I think they are right. Who can stay up late when working the next day.

The NFL's ratings are down. But national anthem protests aren't the whole story.

Real men watch the game regardless if they have to get up the next day unless they are gay

BYE

They say its due mainly to cord cutting , crowd watching, and they do not include streaming the games or sports. Some may boycott due to the kneelers, which are not shown on TV anymore, so if you do have

also I've read Mon and Thurs night games are too much saturation. When I had to watch the Lions whip the Packers Mon night (loved it), I think they are right. Who can stay up late when working the next day.

The NFL's ratings are down. But national anthem protests aren't the whole story.

There are a multitude of factors for why NFL attendance and viewership is down, but it's quite naive to believe the kneelers aren't one of them.

They might be for some people.

There are a multitude of factors for why NFL attendance and viewership is down, but it's quite naive to believe the kneelers aren't one of them.

Seeing as how it's across the board in all sports, and it's a continuing trend over years, it's nothing more than a post hoc/wishful thinking fallacy.

Once AGAIN -- the national anthem part, whether there be kneelers or not, isn't even part of the telecast.
Doesn't matter now, dickhead.
The news makes it a point to show it every time it happens, even if they cut it out of the broadcasts.
This is something the players wanted.....something somebody on the left felt they all had to do......so now America is tired of it.
Point being, nobody admires these players anymore. That was the primary reason they wanted to watch them.

WORD gets around

if you say so.

we all know otherwise.

feel free to tell us the world is flat and the sky isn't blue.

WORD gets around

if you say so.

we all know otherwise.

feel free to tell us the world is flat and the sky isn't blue.

the sky is not really blue----it just looks blue because of the wave lengths of lite that filter thru to our eyeballs----and onto
our retinas------and the specific CONES (nerve endings) that
get stimulated thereby.------Thence the nerve impulse travels via the optic nerve-----onto the occipital cortex-------and we PERCEIVE-------perception is an delusion------a dream in the brain of LORD KRISHNAH (make that SHIVA---lord of destruction)

Seeing as how it's across the board in all sports, and it's a continuing trend over years, it's nothing more than a post hoc/wishful thinking fallacy.

Once AGAIN -- the national anthem part, whether there be kneelers or not, isn't even part of the telecast.

It doesn’t have to be part of the telecast. Everybody knows it’s happening and there are plenty of photographs and videos in the news and on the Internet.

If it's not in the telecast ----- how would it affect viewer ratings?? :banghead:.

Is it really that difficult for you to understand?

It doesn’t have to be part of the telecast. Everybody knows it’s happening and there are plenty of photographs and videos in the news and on the Internet.

If it's not in the telecast ----- how would it affect viewer ratings?? :banghead:.

Are you actually going to sit here and suggest that, because of this obscure fake pseudopolitical story about an action that isn't even part of a regular telecast in the first place, sports viewers thought ahead and retroactively started curbing their sports viewing several years ago, in anticipation of said pseudostory? And that to underscore the point, they gave the same treatment to baseball, hockey, basketball and NASCAR? All in anticipation of this future pseudostory?

Again the old point bears repeating ---- broadcast ratings, in any medium, do not measure any kind of "approval". They're not capable of measuring that. What they measure is attention --- which in no way requires any kind of "approval". For instance, if the NA actually were part of the telecast, the tongue-clicking tut-tutters of the pseudostory who think it's real, WOULD be tuning in to get their hate on. And they would then count as viewers just as much as anybody else.

"Viewing" a TV show doesn't mean you approve of it. It means the TV show captured your attention, so that it can sell you deodorant. That's what it means and that's all it means.

Last edited:

The news makes it a point to show it every time it happens, even if they cut it out of the broadcasts.
This is something the players wanted.....something somebody on the left felt they all had to do......so now America is tired of it.
Point being, nobody admires these players anymore. That was the primary reason they wanted to watch them.

I uh don't think so dood. You can speak for yourself but I've never watched football to "admire" somebody. I watched to see the Dullass Cowgirls get their collective ass kicked. What they did or didn't do before the kickoff, in a jingo ritual that wasn't telecast anyway, had absolutely no bearing on that.

Now then, who is this "somebody on the left"? Gie us a name.

I uh don't think so dood. You can speak for yourself but I've never watched football to "admire" somebody. I watched to see the Dullass Cowgirls get their collective ass kicked. What they did or didn't do before the kickoff, in a jingo ritual that wasn't telecast anyway, had absolutely no bearing on that.

Usually anyone left of center.

Problem being these days the center is so far right you call them Alt-Right.

If it's not in the telecast ----- how would it affect viewer ratings?? :banghead:

Once AGAIN --- TV ratings for sports are trending down, period. And have been for some time. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey and (outside the realm of sports) NASCAR --- *all* of them trending down. To cherrypick one out of the lot, years after the trend starts, and try to pin it on some obscure political message board fodder is just bullshit. Nor does it explain the same trend in the other sports, nor does it explain why it was happening before anybody ever heard of Colin Kaepernick.

Hell I've been streaming my baseball games for ten years. Not one of those games ever showed up on anybody's TV ratings, and yet I watched 'em.
yeah people dont get it that NFL ratings started going wayyy down way many years before kapernick.:rofl:

Are you actually going to sit here and suggest that, because of this obscure fake pseudopolitical story about an action that isn't even part of a regular telecast in the first place, sports viewers thought ahead and retroactively started curbing their sports viewing several years ago, in anticipation of said pseudostory? And that to underscore the point, they gave the same treatment to baseball, hockey, basketball and NASCAR? All in anticipation of this future pseudostory?

No, what I said was it's one of many factors affecting the league and to think it hasn't had an impact is naive.

No, what I said was it's one of many factors affecting the league and to think it hasn't had an impact is naive.

Not if you already know better.
Not if you understand that the same drop is happening across the board in all sports, and has been for years.
Not if you understand what broadcast ratings actually measure and what they do not and cannot measure.
Not if you understand what a "wishful thinking" or "post hoc ergo propter hoc" fallacy is.
Not if you understand what the term "tangible evidence" means.

not surprise he would come up with that theory people watched them because they admired someone.:lmao:

I always watched it cause it was exciting.Funny as well.Its the only sport i know of where it is so entertaining it makes you laugh like a ref getting knocked down and landing on his ass.:lmao::haha:

Never had anything to do with me admiring anybody.:lmao:

It was mostly the Rams growing up that I always tuned into everytime they were broadcast on national tv. Being a movie buff and all I so much loved hearing that name LOS ANGELES Rams.that is why after they left LA,the NFL did not exist for me the last 22 years.

amazing how the interest in NFL football has died the last several decades.what a historic day that occured on this day so many decades ago in the NFL with none other than my Rams.:beer:. those were the good old days when the NFL was no corrupt as it is now.

On this day in history at the @lacoliseum: November 10, 1957- The @RamsNFL set a groundbreaking NFL attendance record at the Coliseum when they took on the @49ers in front of 102,368 fans. The Rams took home the win, 37-24.

DOT2V_WV4AEN_Xh.jpg

not surprise he would come up with that theory people watched them because they admired someone.:lmao:

I always watched it cause it was exciting.Funny as well.Its the only sport i know of where it is so entertaining it makes you laugh like a ref getting knocked down and landing on his ass.:lmao::haha:

Never had anything to do with me admiring anybody.:lmao:

It was mostly the Rams growing up that I always tuned into everytime they were broadcast on national tv. Being a movie buff and all I so much loved hearing that name LOS ANGELES Rams.that is why after they left LA,the NFL did not exist for me the last 22 years.
I played football in college.
Nobody pays to watch a bunch of fat fuckers that can't run play a stupid game.
Nobody pays to watch someone for $90 a ticket if they can play the game better than the players on the field.
You cocksuckers are fucking idiots.

Forum List

Back