Are streaming services destroying sports? Big Changes coming down the pike.

JLW

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2012
Apparently, there is a streaming service in the works that will offer sports from various networks for a monthly charge. According to WSJ, it will cost more than Netflix but less than $100.00 a month. The networks getting together as of today, are Disney, Fox and Warner Bros.

I personally can’t stand these streaming services. They are in the process of destroying the joy of watching sports. They take what was free on network TV or as part of the cable package, then expect you to pay them their ridiculous fees and charges to watch them. I am tired of their nickel and diming of the consumer. Screw them. I’ll just not watch sports.

The NBA and NFL are not happy about being kept out of the loop. Angry because they probably want a piece of the action.

Last edited:
Apparently, there is a streaming service in the works that will offer sports from various networks for a monthly charge. According to WSJ, it will cost more than Netflix but less than $100.00 a month.

I personally hate streaming services. They are in the process of destroying the joy of watching sports. They take what was free on network TV or as part of the cable package, then expect you to pay them their ridiculous fees and charges to watch them. I am tired of their nickel and diming of the consumer. Screw them. I’ll just not watch sports.

I don't care for nor need streaming either (I have subscribed to a few of the free ones but almost never want to watch them) but anyone who would shell out $100.00 a month ($1200.00 a year) just to watch sports is IMO crazy.

I watch 1-2 football games weekly during NFL season and that is it. After the SuperBowl, other than following team news for one football team, I won't be watching football again until August. And if Roger Goodell regales me with the "Black National Anthem," maybe not even then.

Apparently, there is a streaming service in the works that will offer sports from various networks for a monthly charge. According to WSJ, it will cost more than Netflix but less than $100.00 a month. The networks getting together as of today, are Disney, Fox and Warner Bros.

I personally hate streaming services. They are in the process of destroying the joy of watching sports. They take what was free on network TV or as part of the cable package, then expect you to pay them their ridiculous fees and charges to watch them. I am tired of their nickel and diming of the consumer. Screw them. I’ll just not watch sports.

The NBA and NFL are not happy about being kept out of the loop. Angry because they want a piece of the action.

I want to watch sports with zero commercials.

Apparently, there is a streaming service in the works that will offer sports from various networks for a monthly charge. According to WSJ, it will cost more than Netflix but less than $100.00 a month. The networks getting together as of today, are Disney, Fox and Warner Brow.

The NBA and NFL are not happy about being kept out of the loop. Angry because they want a piece of the action.

MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, WWE---Meh. I DGAF if they all disappear and all of those primadonnas have to go out and work real jobs. They are not sports. They are exhibitions, carefully choreographed to a predetermined outcome. Watch Taylor's BF and KC get every official call throughout the show.

Record them and zip through the ads. You just have to wait a couple hours into the game before starting to watch.
The only thing I watch live is football.
If I could watch it without commercials on another station I'd get rid of HULU.

Everything else I just stream it.

I like being able to watch everything when I want to watch it, not when it's on live. Especially my sitcoms.

I wish the biggest concern in my life was when and where to watch sports. There will be plenty of pirate sites that will show the same games, Americans don’t like to pay for shit

Forum List

Back