All sports viewing are down not just the NFL, but also the NBA and

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
They say its due mainly to cord cutting , crowd watching, and they do not include streaming the games or sports. Some may boycott due to the kneelers, which are not shown on TV anymore, so if you do have
a TV and cable you are only hurting yourself if you do not watch.

also I've read Mon and Thurs night games are too much saturation. When I had to watch the Lions whip the Packers Mon night (loved it), I think they are right. Who can stay up late when working the next day.

The NFL's ratings are down. But national anthem protests aren't the whole story.

They say its due mainly to cord cutting , crowd watching, and they do not include streaming the games or sports. Some may boycott due to the kneelers, which are not shown on TV anymore, so if you do have

also I've read Mon and Thurs night games are too much saturation. When I had to watch the Lions whip the Packers Mon night (loved it), I think they are right. Who can stay up late when working the next day.

The NFL's ratings are down. But national anthem protests aren't the whole story.

That's why College Football rules the roost

-Geaux

Ratings for the NFL have been going down for a couple of years, though the declines this year are also in part due to the kneelers.

What's also true is that the millennials aren't watching football like their parents, and haven't been for some time.

Ratings for the NFL have been going down for a couple of years, though the declines this year are also in part due to the kneelers.

What's also true is that the millennials aren't watching football like their parents, and haven't been for some time.

Like all sports, the ratings are down. The only ones boycotting the kneelers are unpatriotic people, who do not understand what the flag symbol stands for, and what the kneelers are kneeling for.

The national anthem part of NFL games isn't even telecast unless it's a splash-commercial event like the Stupor Bowl, so the proposed causation is unsubstantiated. Fatter o' mact, until this fake contrived "story" was made up about Colin Kaepernick (who had already been sitting out the NA and nobody noticed) --- I didn't even know they played the national anthem at football games and I doubt anyone who's never been to an NFL game did either. That's just selective and baited fake-outrage.

The OP is correct, we noted months ago that TV ratings are down in baseball, football, basketball, hockey and even NASCAR, even though the latter is not a sport.

One big reason is streaming. I'm far from the only one who looked at his TV years ago, figured I don't need this thing any more because anything it has I can get off the internet with the exception of live sports, which I would have to pay for either way, so it went to the dump (actually it went to a thrift store, who couldn't sell it).

I'm a regular baseball fan, I follow every game of the season, and none of them show up in anybody's TV ratings. So the only conclusion here is that fewer fans (of any sport) are getting their fix via the traditional TV route. And it was already a trend for years before Rump's "sumbitches" speech.

Last edited:
I too only get the local channels after years of paying for cable and then suffering what seemed like endless commercials on everything I watched. Now I subscribe to Hulu and rarely fall asleep watching shows sans commercials.

America is tired of overpaid spoiled blacks.

It is oversaturated indeed with thrusday night games.I am hearing they might be doing away with them after this year.They have the option i believe they would have to be fools not to.nobody likes those games,not the fans,not the players nobody but the NFL does not care what anywone else thinks and it is finally catching up to them.

try overpaid PLAYERS.what are you racist?

That's why College Football rules the roost

-Geaux
as well as the fact they are not spoiled overpaid pampered althetes.

Correct.

NFL ratings are ‘down’ because the process to determine the number of viewers doesn’t capture who is actually watching the games, not because of ‘kneeling.’

Of course, these facts won’t stop dishonest conservatives from trying to propagate their ridiculous post hoc fallacy.

What are you, a fucking idiot???
Seems most of the protesters are black. The reason they're protesting is because they hate white cops. Police brutality. At least that's what they claim. I think deep down they hate whites....period. But they don't want to admit it.

There are a multitude of factors for why NFL attendance and viewership is down, but it's quite naive to believe the kneelers aren't one of them.

There are a multitude of factors for why NFL attendance and viewership is down, but it's quite naive to believe the kneelers aren't one of them.

Seeing as how it's across the board in all sports, and it's a continuing trend over years, it's nothing more than a post hoc/wishful thinking fallacy.

Once AGAIN -- the national anthem part, whether there be kneelers or not, isn't even part of the telecast.

anyone got stats on ATTENDANCE at sporting events?. Long ago-----I attended (related to my profession) ---lessons on terrorism preparedness. There were lectures on LIKELY venues for terrorist actions-----LONG AGO---like more than ten years ago. One of the most important venues was SPORTING EVENTS. In fact the lecturer (a homeland security guy) said that he would never bring his family to a sports event. THUS, I wonder if attendance rates are down as
WORD gets around

Seems most of the protesters are black. The reason they're protesting is because they hate white cops. Police brutality. At least that's what they claim. I think deep down they hate whites....period. But they don't want to admit it.

seems like a fad to me-----back to the 60s .....idiot symbolic
baseless stuff The cops are not doing target practice on
the heads of black children

Seeing as how it's across the board in all sports, and it's a continuing trend over years, it's nothing more than a post hoc/wishful thinking fallacy.

Once AGAIN -- the national anthem part, whether there be kneelers or not, isn't even part of the telecast.

It doesn’t have to be part of the telecast. Everybody knows it’s happening and there are plenty of photographs and videos in the news and on the Internet.

seems like a fad to me-----back to the 60s .....idiot symbolic
baseless stuff The cops are not doing target practice on
the heads of black children
The same scumbags that did it in the 60s are leading this BS.
Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson tried to get in on it too, but it's white Commies directing it.

It doesn’t have to be part of the telecast. Everybody knows it’s happening and there are plenty of photographs and videos in the news and on the Internet.

If it's not in the telecast ----- how would it affect viewer ratings?? :banghead:

Once AGAIN --- TV ratings for sports are trending down, period. And have been for some time. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey and (outside the realm of sports) NASCAR --- *all* of them trending down. To cherrypick one out of the lot, years after the trend starts, and try to pin it on some obscure political message board fodder is just bullshit. Nor does it explain the same trend in the other sports, nor does it explain why it was happening before anybody ever heard of Colin Kaepernick.

Hell I've been streaming my baseball games for ten years. Not one of those games ever showed up on anybody's TV ratings, and yet I watched 'em.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back