All of a sudden I'm barraged with ads

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Anyone know why after years of not seeing them I would be seeing them now?

• Banned
I just tune them out. You get good at it after a few days.
But I'm obsessed with things.
The greater the obsession, the greater your capacity for ignoring the obvious. And you're already in your own little world with wilhaftawaite, no? :D

See? It's easy!
What is easy? Wil's baby is a vintage 1963 Corvette fully restored.

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Check your browser version. A recent update to Firefox crippled almost all ad blockers. There was a quick workaround and supposedly another update to fix that but it's not impossible you have accepted one update but not the other. Sometimes this stuff is automated but not always.....

Check your browser version. A recent update to Firefox crippled almost all ad blockers. There was a quick workaround and supposedly another update to fix that but it's not impossible you have accepted one update but not the other. Sometimes this stuff is automated but not always.....

Google has done the same with Chrome. I downloaded and now use Opera for my browser.

I'm using Brave on this computer and for some reason I no longer see them.

Google has done the same with Chrome. I downloaded and now use Opera for my browser.

I liked and exclusively used Opera until a few weeks ago when it was no longer to have it save passwords. Latest Firefox has a new privacy feature that lets you set up "paywalled" websites so their disabling cookies are deleted after each use. It DOES will save passwords if you specifically tell it (Firefox) to do so. Opera has not managed to fix that. Their VPN feature, though, makes it worth keeping a copy on hand.

If you want a web browser that has a built in ad blocker download Brave. It is free and it works. Not as sophisticated as Firefox, Chrome or Explorer but it does the job.

I had the same problem with Firefox as you described but it fixed itself after they did an update.

Mozilla disabled a lot of addons and extensions recently. I downloaded the latest version and they suddenly all work again. Weird.

but I think Mozilla is getting to be as bad as the commercial browser vendors used to be. Never considered Chrome or any Google stuff. Maybe I'll just go back to IE.

The greater the obsession, the greater your capacity for ignoring the obvious. And you're already in your own little world with wilhaftawaite, no? :D

See? It's easy!
Oh. This is a giddyup four-oh-nine issue. You guys...

See? It's easy!
Oh. This is a giddyup four-oh-nine issue. You guys...
Three twenty seven.

Forum List

Back