All gun stats in one place

Well, the thing is Bob, I'm not anti-gun, I'm anti-others having the mentality that they can shoot others, and I'm anti-the-wrong people just willy nilly allowed a gun because an outdated bit of paper gives any idiot a gun, and I'm anti-gun-safety where said idiots think it's sensible to leave loaded guns lying around the house and to take them in public places.

I also prefer stats, as in, what actually happened out there as opposed to what gun nuts want others to believe with their idiotic opinions.

So there's no confusion from me about guns because unlike yourself, I'm from a much much much safer gun culture, the UK. Where the confusion about guns starts, is with you guys honestly believing you're the safe good guys, and you also have no clue about guns outside of your borders. Hence the cliché rhetoric you all keep belching.

Liar. You are anti ability for self defense. You are a fascist and probably the only way you could get laid was to abuse some poor woman.

If she were armed you couldn't do that.

Every time I asked about some woman being able to defend herself from rape you refused to answer.

That tells me everything I need to know about you.

Yet we send kids of 18 years old into wars, that allows them to use guns, some even fully automatic and bigger.
In my state the drinking age for beer used to be 18. There were problems but not enough to justify raising it to 21.

You don't need a license to drink. ;) Driving is called a privilege but it's actually a right.
Traveling is a right for most of us that means driving but driving a car on public roads may not rise to the standards of rights in the sense of the right to vote or the right to bear arms

In my state the drinking age for beer used to be 18. There were problems but not enough to justify raising it to 21.

That was accomplished by the federal government withholding highway funds from any state that didn't comply with the "suggestion" that the drinking age be raised to 21

Traveling is a right for most of us that means driving but driving a car on public roads may not rise to the standards of rights in the sense of the right to vote or the right to bear arms
Who is it that grants the 'privilege' to drive to 233 million people. The public pays for the roads, we should have the right to use them. And if driving is an absolute necessity for most how can it not be a right?

That was accomplished by the federal government withholding highway funds from any state that didn't comply with the "suggestion" that the drinking age be raised to 21
Interesting, because most drunk drivers, including most who kill others while driving drunk, are well over 21. Worse is that most have multiple DUI's on their record.

This avoids dissing the source or not providing evidence on your opinion.
Conservatives are still going to attack the source and refuse to provide evidence in support of their personal, subjective opinions – because there are no such facts.

Conservatives will continue to lie about guns being ‘banned’ and ‘confiscated.’

And conservatives will continue to refuse to address the problem of gun crime and violence.

Conservatives are still going to attack the source and refuse to provide evidence in support of their personal, subjective opinions – because there are no such facts.
Conservatives will continue to lie about guns being ‘banned’ and ‘confiscated.’
And conservatives will continue to refuse to address the problem of gun crime and violence.
^^^^
Unfathomable irony.

Who is it that grants the 'privilege' to drive to 233 million people. The public pays for the roads, we should have the right to use them. And if driving is an absolute necessity for most how can it not be a right?
Because there is nothing in the Constitution that says people have the right to drive a car, but they do have a right to bear arms, against governments foreign and domestic.

Suicided is not a violent gun death
Gang bangers killing other gangbangers is not a mass shooting.
18-20 year olds are not children
Wrong.

There’s nothing more violent than dying by gunshot.

It comes as no surprise that the racist right ignores Americans of color dying the consequence of gun crime and violence.

Whether 18 to 20 year olds are considered children is irrelevant; their deaths by gun crime and violence is just as tragic.

Because there is nothing in the Constitution that says people have the right to drive a car, but they do have a right to bear arms, against governments foreign and domestic.
In 2023 driving is a de facto right. There are compelling reasons not to grant a driver's license to many 16-year-olds, yet they get one no questions asked.

Wrong.

It comes as no surprise that the racist right ignores Americans of color dying the consequence of gun crime and violence.

Whether 18 to 20 year olds are considered children is irrelevant; their deaths by gun crime and violence is just as tragic.
No you're wrong you anti rights fascist pig.
Gang bangers killing other gang bangers is not a mass shooting .
And 18- 20 years olds are not children they can be charged as adults.

Wrong.

Oh? I think being beaten to death tops being shot.

But then, I have a working brain. You clearly don't.

No you're wrong you anti rights fascist pig.
Gang bangers killing other gang bangers is not a mass shooting .
And 18- 20 years olds are not children they can be charged as adults.
Vermont is the only state that doesn't consider an eighteen-year-old an adult for criminal proceedings. Five states including California consider sixteen-year-olds as adults for criminal proceedings. Most states allow fourteen-year-olds to be charged as adults in serious cases.

Vermont is the only state that doesn't consider an eighteen-year-old an adult for criminal proceedings. Five states including California consider sixteen-year-olds as adults for criminal proceedings. Most states allow fourteen-year-olds to be charged as adults in serious cases.
Wouldn't they charged them as an adult in a capital crime?

Wrong.

Hey, dumb shit.....you ever get stabbed to death........beaten to death with a fucking sledgehammer? Murdered with a hatchet.....?

How about set on fire with gasoline.....?

Are you truly this stupid in real life, or just when you post?

Whether 18 to 20 year olds are considered children is irrelevant;

Now, this is where we ask if you are stupid, or just a lying piece of crap........

The irrational, anti-gun extremists know exactly what they are doing when they lie and say guns are the leading cause of death for "Children," and you know it too....

They are implying Johnny and Sally 5 year olds are gunned down in their home in vast numbers.......and assholes like you lie and use that example because you want to emotionally black male uninformed Americans.....

The 14-20 year old gang members are shooting each other over drug turf and personal feuds........they are not "children," in any sense that normal people understand.........they have long, violent, criminals records.......and you know that and choose to lie about it.....

Wrong.

Blacks are dying in democrat party controlled cities because the democrat party doesn't care about them....they know that no matter how destructive the democrat party policies are, the democrats control the public schools and can lie to them....telling them the republicans are the problem.......as the democrats destroy the ability of police to control criminals, and the democrat party judges, prosecutors and politicians release the most violent gun offenders over and over again....

You need to explain these policies from the democrats.....

Washington state Democratic lawmakers have proposed a new bill that would lessen penalities for drive-by shooting murderers to "promote racial equity" in the criminal justice system even though the state has been ranked among the worst in the country for drive-by shootings.
House Bill 1692, sponsored by Democratic representatives Tarra Simmons and David Hackney, was introduced to allegedly "...promote racial equity in the criminal legal system by eliminating drive-by shooting as a basis for elevating murder in the first degree to aggravated murder in the first degree."

WA state Democrats propose bill to lessen sentences for drive-by shooting murderers

Here's a useful site -

Gun resources

It's useful because when it states some gun/incident fact, most have the link to the study on that fact. This avoids dissing the source or not providing evidence on your opinion.

So for example -

In a robbery or an assault, studies show people without a gun are just as likely to escape harm as people who are carrying one.

In the link in that claim, you can click to the PDF to its evidence/studies. Then you can read the facts -

We could not find a basic, thorough, descriptive epidemiologic analysis of self-defense gun use using NCVS data—describing who uses guns, where and in what circumstances. Among relevant studies (Tark and Kleck, 2004; McDowall and Wiersema, 1994), the study (Hart and Miethe, 2009) that comes closest to that target analyzes the data in a manner that is not particularly helpful for policy or individual decision-making. That study by Hart and Miethe divides crime situations into 48 categories, as determined by five variables as follows: (a) sexual assault, non-sexual assault, or robbery; (b) offender armed or not; (c) daytime or not; (d) private or public location; and (e) offender on drugs/alcohol or not. These situations are then ranked by the likelihood that a firearm is used in self-defense. Not surprisingly, very low incident categories have both the highest rates and the lowest rates of self-defense gun use. For example, the highest incident rate of self-defense gun use—17% of the time (1/6)—occurred in sexual assaults, when the offender was armed, in a private location, during the day, when the offender was high on drugs/alcohol; the lowest rate—0% of the time (0/7)—occurred for robberies in a private location at night when the offender was armed and high on drugs/alcohol.

So "crime" was broken down into 48 categories, as opposed to just crime. So now if anyone wants to make a claim or lay opinion, you can check beforehand.

I can see this being a valuable resource !!!!!
Statistics prepared by an organization that was created as an anti-gun lobby? Surely you can find a more objective source than that?

Forum List

Back