***Alec Baldwin Will Go To Prison*

Not when the "real gun" has been disabled by the prop master. Either through physical modification, or by insuring it's loaded with "blank" or dummy rounds, instead of real ones.

Well, that particular gun was not disabled, was it? You are missing the point, either deliberately or not, that any time you point a real gun at somebody, and it obviously was a real gun, it is incumbent on YOU to check the weapon to see if it is loaded with bullets. Failure to do so constitutes negligence.

I'm not a fan of Baldwin, but that doesn't justify the lies they tell.
They are trying to apply gun safety rules to a movie set. Where the whole idea is to portray realism. Which is why they point real looking guns at real people. And why they have a prop master who makes sure the act of pointing a real gun at a real person, is safe.

Well, that particular gun was not disabled, was it? You are missing the point, either deliberately or not, that any time you point a real gun at somebody, and it obviously was a real gun, it is incumbent on YOU to check the weapon to see if it is loaded with bullets. Failure to do so constitutes negligence.
This is where I completely disagree. I wouldn't trust an actor, who may know nothing about guns, to make sure the gun was safe. But instead entrust someone who has years of training and experience, and is licensed to handle firearms in that capacity.

Not when the "real gun" has been disabled by the prop master. Either through physical modification, or by insuring it's loaded with "blank" or dummy rounds, instead of real ones.
You remind me of post nasal drip. And just as stupid.

They are trying to apply gun safety rules to a movie set. Where the whole idea is to portray realism. Which is why they point real looking guns at real people. And why they have a prop master who makes sure the act of pointing a real gun at a real person, is safe.
Why didn't they make the gun safe? Oh, I got it, you're just lying.

You remind me of post nasal drip. And just as stupid.
In movies they point everything from handguns to machine guns, to artillery cannons at actors. And it's up to the prop master to make sure firing the weapon "looks real", but no harmful projectile comes out.

Look at all the "live fire" scenes of marines crawling on their bellies, while machine guns are fired over their heads. All it would take is one real round, to be mixed in to cause an accident.

In movies they point everything from handguns to machine guns, to artillery cannons at actors. And it's up to the prop master to make sure firing the weapon "looks real", but no harmful projectile comes out.

Look at all the "live fire" scenes of marines crawling on their bellies, while machine guns are fired over their heads. All it would take is one real round, to be mixed in to cause an accident.
Again, why didn't they make sure it would not fire? I know you won't answer with anything other than leftist bullshit.

Forum List

Back