Alec Baldwin Will Be Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter in Rust Shooting

That might get some of the crew jail time but Baldwin I still doubt it money and fame can get you out of something the rest of us couldn't.

This is as close to a slam dunk case for the prosecutor as she's likely to ever see. You have to remember the pressure the DA is under from the victims family. They won't want to see Baldwin walk.

This is as close to a slam dunk case for the prosecutor as she's likely to ever see. You have to remember the pressure the DA is under from the victims family. They won't want to see Baldwin walk.
True as all that might be we have seen to many times where someone wealth, fame and power get a deal or break that none of the rest of us ever would. If that does not hapen here that will be great but I won't be shocked if it does.

The case against Baldwin is very weak.
Which is why its taken over 2 years for the DA to file charges.
Baldwin will never spend a day in prison.

Couldn't be stronger, actually. He pointed a gun at someone and pulled the trigger. Admitted to it, then lied about it. Multiple witnesses said he did it.

Slam dunk.

53bfki8pq3da1.jpg

Who did they kill?

Let me help you out.... nobody

It's official now

The movie’s prop armorer faces the same charges. The assistant director, responsible for on-set safety, pleads guilty to negligent use of a deadly weapon.

I'm having difficulty with this case. We are trained to 1) presume all weapons are loaded (check & recheck them, do not assume that they are unload if they have been out of your possession for any length of time after you unloaded it), 2) never point a firearm at anyone or anything you're not willing to kill or destroy, 3) always keep the firearm pointed in a safe direction and 4) keep your finger off of the trigger until you're ready to shoot.

In this scenario, on a movie set, the weapons are supposed to be unloaded or not loaded or not real weapons but someone obviously put a live round in the subject firearm.

If Baldwin is not a shooter and not inclined to check the weapon because he's not aware of the 5 rules of safe gun handling to make sure it is not possible for it to be fired and for anyone to be inadvertently injured or killed, then how is he responsible for it firing when it was never supposed to have contained a live round? Wouldn't that be a failure on the part of the person whose job it was to ensure that the "prop" gun did not have the ability to actually fire a live round?

Forum List

Back