Alec Baldwin Indicted

That's why you always check, dipshit.

Who checks on a movie set?

If it is the actors responsibility, then I agree with you.
But if they hire an armorer who has the responsibility and hands the gun to an actor and declares it clear…..I would say no

Guns have been used on movie sets for 100 years.

If it can be shown that it is an actors responsibility to verify a gun is safe, then I would hold Baldwin guilty.

But if an actor does not have that responsibility, I don’t see how you charge Baldwin

He will never be convicted
He was using a weapon he assumed was a prop
Firstly, we all know that if Baldwin were a Conservative, you would be calling for his head. This is where he went wrong. #1 Always assume that the gun in your hand is loaded. #2 Never point a gun at a person. #3 Never, ever pull the trigger of a gun that you are aiming at another person. Although he denies it, it has been proven that the gun could not be discharged without pulling the trigger. Have a trial and let justice be served.

You're all nuts.

He is an actor on a film set. This isn't him playing around in his backyard with his own gun. This is supposed to be a professionally run film set.

The armorer that is supposed to be the professional firearm expert in charge of the guns responsibility.

If a paid and professional firearm handler tells an actor the gun is safe we'll the actor is supposed to trust them because that's what they are for.

Alec is not a licensed firearm expert and paid to inspect the weapons, he is paid to be an actor.

By all of your reasoning in here if Alec was filming a movie and driving a car and the car doesn't stop and he hits and kills someone he should be charged with manslaughter because he should be a licensed mechanic and thoroughly inspect the entire car before shooting a scene. The person responsible is who is in charge of getting the car for the studio to use in the movie because maintenance and inspection is their job.
he was the producer he was charge in hiring the people right for jobs and knowing everything that is going on the set. plus actors better know about gun safety anyone on a set should know it.

Firstly, we all know that if Baldwin were a Conservative, you would be calling for his head. This is where he went wrong. #1 Always assume that the gun in your hand is loaded. #2 Never point a gun at a person. #3 Never, ever pull the trigger of a gun that you are aiming at another person. Although he denies it, it has been proven that the gun could not be discharged without pulling the trigger. Have a trial and let justice be served.
exactly

Of course I wouldn’t

It is not that Baldwin is a Conservative or Liberal…but that he is an actor.

If you can show that for the last 100 years, actors have been responsible for the safety of the guns they are handling, I will agree with you

So you accept this death as a "cost of doing business" type thing?

No, I think that this woman's family has a very good CIVIL case against the production company.

But that's what this is, a civil matter not a criminal one.

Also don't believe that an actor, who is handed a prop by a prop master who is supposed to check the weapons before they go to set, has any responsibility when she doesn't.

Yes

Are you buying that he knew the gun was loaded with live ammunition and fired anyway?
No. However, I think he skipped some safety measures and for that, he should be held accountable.

He didn't intend to murder the victim, however, due to his recklessness, she was killed.

I believe that's manslaughter.

I have no issues w/them seeking his punishment.

No. However, I think he skipped some safety measures and for that, he should be held accountable.

Which safety measures is an actor supposed to invoke when handed a cleared weapon on the set?

Who checks on a movie set?

If it is the actors responsibility, then I agree with you.
But if they hire an armorer who has the responsibility and hands the gun to an actor and declares it clear…..I would say no

Anyone who pulls the trigger checks the gun. That's THE MOST basic gun safety rule ever written.

The problem here is hoplophobic morons like you, who are both ignorant about and scared of guns, are often the type of people pulling triggers on camera, and you see the result here.

I can guarantee you the family of the woman Baldwin killed don't see this as a "cost of doing business" type thing, the way you do.

No, I think that this woman's family has a very good CIVIL case against the production company.

But that's what this is, a civil matter not a criminal one.

Also don't believe that an actor, who is handed a prop by a prop master who is supposed to check the weapons before they go to set, has any responsibility when she doesn't.

They're both responsible. Every person who handles the gun is responsible for checking it. That's the most fundamental rule of gun safety ever written.

There are four safety rules for firearms. If Baldwin had just followed one of the rules nobody would have been shot. Those rules are applicable all the time, even on the set of a movie.

He is an idiot. Because of his stupidity a woman is dead. He needs to be held accountable as the person that fired the gun and for being the Producer of the movie who is ultimately responsible for all on site safety.

He is charged with manslaughter in connection with the shooting on the movie set of Rust. It is time he faced justice.
Honestly though, Alec Baldwin's politics suck and he can be a nasty, mean spirited man if he doesn't like you. But I will never EVER believe he was intentionally negligent in that case and certainly didn't intend any physical harm to anybody.

He probably did inadvertently pull the trigger but, if he did, it was an inadvertent act and with no intention of threatening or harming anyone. It was a tragic accident.

Does he owe restitution to the victim's family? Probably given that he was likely careless with a gun he had no reason to believe was loaded with live ammunition. Will the world be better off or safer with him in prison? I just don't see how that is even reasonable.

Of course I wouldn’t

It is not that Baldwin is a Conservative or Liberal…but that he is an actor.

If you can show that for the last 100 years, actors have been responsible for the safety of the guns they are handling, I will agree with you
Typical left-wing thinking. Nobody is responsible for their bad actions. It is always somebody else's fault.
Let me ask you this? Would you be comfortable and feel safe if I were handed a gun by another person who said it wasn't loaded, then placed it between your eyes and pulled the trigger? If not, who not?

Honestly though, Alec Baldwin's politics suck and he can be a nasty, mean spirited man if he doesn't like you. But I will never EVER believe he was intentionally negligent in that case and certainly didn't intend any physical harm to anybody.

He probably did inadvertently pull the trigger but, if he did, it was an inadvertent act and with no intention of threatening or harming anyone. It was a tragic accident.

Does he owe restitution to the victim's family? Probably given that he was likely careless with a gun he had no reason to believe was loaded with live ammunition. Will the world be better off or safer with him in prison? I just don't see how that is even reasonable.

That's why he's being charged with manslaughter. If he meant to do it, it would be murder.

Forum List

Back