Alberta says U.S. oil request ‘smacks of hypocrisy’ after it cancelled Keystone XL

Please stop this. You were told what was going to happen if Progs took over.

Stop what? Disproving the Neo-GOP propaganda. Proving that those policies didn't effect US production one iota? Gas prices dropped during the pandemic and they rebounded when the economy started opening up. They are slightly higher than the prices in 2019.

We don't have to buy from the Saudi for their increased output to effect global prices.

Pretty wobbly spin.
Correct.
The USA usually only consumes a quarter of the production of petroleum products and coal (We tend to be highly efficient) versus the amount of global economy generated.

But it is a global economy...we actually benefit from other countries having access to "cheap oil" in that it decreases the amount we pay for goods and services imported... helping along with trade imbalances.

We don't have to buy from the Saudi for their increased output to effect global prices.

Pretty wobbly spin.
And? So? Tell me again why buying from the Saudis is better than doing business with Canada.

I'm fairly certain the money we put into Canada will not go, in part, to propping up hard line ultra
conservative Muslim factions . Yet you find doing business with Canada somehow distasteful and
a poor option. What spin do you refer to?

The comments from Alberta were perfectly appropriate and on the mark. Joe Biden deep sixes the XL pipeline
and then wants Canada to help him pull himself out of the hole he himself caused.
Nice thinking, Cognitively Diminished Joe.

Last edited:
Joe is begging like a bitch already to the OPEC pimps to pump more. I knew this was going to happen but not so soon.
Good lord, Trumpyberra was doing the same in the summer of 2018!

Also, before you bash crude oil,

Destroying Neo-GOP talking points and propaganda is not bashing Crude oil.

Correct.
The USA usually only consumes a quarter of the production of petroleum products and coal (We tend to be highly efficient) versus the amount of global economy generated.

But it is a global economy...we actually benefit from other countries having access to "cheap oil" in that it decreases the amount we pay for goods and services imported... helping along with trade imbalances.

Asking SA to open the spigot a little is common for US Presidents.

Yet we still import 3.5 billion barrels a day from Canada and that number really didn't drop when Joe took over. Maybe we need to diversify and not rely on one source for so much crude oil.

It's been a major source for more than 2 decades

About half of our oil imports have come from Canada for a long time
Mexico was number 2 don't know if it is any more
Most middle eastern oil hits Europe and Asia
What we import from them is tiny drop in bucket

Not if imported oil is threatened by geopolitical instability. The US should not be asking OPEC to produce more oil.

But we ask them to increase or decrease production in response to global market conditions all the time.

A lot of Americans work up there too. Last place my dad worked. He loved going up to the Camps where they were putting out lines of geophones, back in the late 90's and early 2000s.

But we ask them to increase or decrease production in response to global market conditions all the time.
The point is if Joe hadn't squashed the XL pipeline as one of his very first actions, after taking
his ill gotten office, we wouldn't be coming, hat in hand, to the Royal Saud family, asking for
favors. Joe's "brilliance" affects America in many different and negative ways.

This is just one on those ways.

We also export oil... roughly the same amount that we import. Different regions and wells have a different chemical makeup that lends itself to making various products. We are "independent" in name only... same rules apply to everyone else as well.
Those wells in Texas don't produce rubber and plastics the way Canada does. Same thing can be said for South America crude. (Gasoline)

Now that the economy is slowly returning we will need to import a bit more than we export.

Asking SA to open the spigot a little is common for US Presidents.

i don’t care if it is Bush, Obama, Trump, or Biden…. we should not be in a position where a President needs to ask or beg OPEC to pump more oil. Unfortunately, for Biden, the optics are worse given that Biden ceased new drilling on Federal land and inflation is occurring under his watch. This is not a good position to to be asking unstable countries to pump more oil. Show me how that makes sense? Wouldn’t it be easier to resume and expand our own drilling and pumping?

Unfortunately, for Biden, the optics are worse given that Biden ceased new drilling on Federal land

Considering: "The Interior Department approved about 2,500 permits to drill on public and tribal lands in the first six months of the year, according to an Associated Press analysis of government data. That includes more than 2,100 drilling approvals since Biden took office January 20."

Care to revise your bull shit propaganda?

BILLINGS, Mont. — Approvals for companies to drill for oil and gas on U.S. public lands are on pace this year to reach their highest level since George W. Bush was president

Considering: "The Interior Department approved about 2,500 permits to drill on public and tribal lands in the first six months of the year, according to an Associated Press analysis of government data. That includes more than 2,100 drilling approvals since Biden took office January 20."

Care to revise your bull shit propaganda?

BILLINGS, Mont. — Approvals for companies to drill for oil and gas on U.S. public lands are on pace this year to reach their highest level since George W. Bush was president

Go Back and Read my post. How many of those permits were "new permits" or "new leasing" vs. existing?

I stand corrected on the permits. There were new permits on top of existing ones.

Existing leases that have been seismically explored and a drilling plan submitted. The new leasing has not started back up. But they will as sure as the drilling permits were.

And? So? Tell me again why buying from the Saudis is better than doing business with Canada.

I'm fairly certain the money we put into Canada will not go, in part, to propping up hard line ultra
conservative Muslim factions . Yet you find doing business with Canada somehow distasteful and
a poor option. What spin do you refer to?

The comments from Alberta were perfectly appropriate and on the mark. Joe Biden deep sixes the XL pipeline
and then wants Canada to help him pull himself out of the hole he himself caused.
Nice thinking, Cognitively Diminished Joe.

We buy very little to no oil from the Saudis. Keystone XL will only benefit Canada and the Chinese owners of tarsands.

Since Trump decided to punish Venezuela we are buying oil from Russia.

You are pretty ignorant about the oil business.

Forum List

Back