Alberta says U.S. oil request ‘smacks of hypocrisy’ after it cancelled Keystone XL

Keystone XL is a boondoggle to enrich the Chinese owners of C
NO... again wrong.

Keystone pipeline is about the enrichment of a few political figures in Canada.... regardless of the welfare of their own citizens.

This is the ONLY thing Joe Biden has done correctly. (That I'm aware of)

NO... again wrong.

Keystone pipeline is about the enrichment of a few political figures in Canada.... regardless of the welfare of their own citizens.

This is the ONLY thing Joe Biden has done correctly. (That I'm aware of)

China owns most of Canadian tarsands.

Since both Canada and USA are committing suicide. Their little controversies don't count for much.

Exactly and we import also but overall the US was energy independent under trump whereas biden has made us energy beggars again

We consume roughly 20 million barrels of crude oil each day. We only produce about 12.5 million barrels of crude oil each day."

TransCanada has unused pipeline capacity all over the Mid West.
So then you are supporting the starving of people?

I'm all in favor of pipelines...
But in this instance I'm not... without the oil there's no shipping into that area by rail whatsoever. It will become a ghosted, abandoned area.

But in this instance I'm not... without the oil there's no shipping into that area by rail whatsoever. It will become a ghosted, abandoned area.

4-5 refineries in the Midwest were refitted to handled heavy sour tarsands, but Alberta can make more money hauling that stuff to FreeTrade zones in Texas.

4-5 refineries in the Midwest were refitted to handled heavy sour tarsands, but Alberta can make more money hauling that stuff to FreeTrade zones in Texas.
Huh?
Nothing you said made any sense...

Use terms that the rest of the world uses and not your exclusive vocabulary.

We consume roughly 20 million barrels of crude oil each day. We only produce about 12.5 million barrels of crude oil each day."
we can be energy independent by using our vast supply of natural gas, along with oil from canada

Which to me is the same as getting our own reserves

If thats not enough my next choice would be nuclear energy

And if greenies dont like it they can be damned

Also dont forget that we have plenty of coal if needed

I'm also for pipelines, but NOT the Keystone.

Who am I "starving"?

Keystone has a poor safety record..

Further, they have all but abandoned the refineries in the Midwest because they can make a lot more money refining and shipping from the free trade zones.

we can be energy independent by using our vast supply of natural gas, along with oil from canada

Which to me is the same as getting our own reserves

If thats not enough my next choice would be nuclear energy

And if greenies dont like it they can be damned

Also dont forget that we have plenty of coal if needed

Canadian tar sands are thick and corrosive. They won't flow thru a pipeline unless you mix them with light, sweet crude.

Huh?
Nothing you said made any sense...

Use terms that the rest of the world uses and not your exclusive vocabulary.

Do you know what free trade zone is? Canadian tar sands would not be taxed .. Motiva is in a tax free zone.

You said you're an energy broker... Like Matthew Simmons?

I'm not an energy broker.. I grew up in Ghawar and visited offshore platforms when they were drilling Manifa. I am just an oil brat.. I flew TAPLINE with my father.. All the neighbors were drillers, petroleum engineers, geologists, cartographers.

Canadian tar sands are thick and corrosive.

They won't flow thru a pipeline unless you mix them with light, sweet crude.
Then mix them

And remove all biden restrictions for oil and gas leases on federal land

Uh oh, Alberta isn't happy.

“The Biden administration pleading with OPEC to increase oil production to rescue the United States from high fuel prices months after cancelling the Keystone XL pipeline smacks of hypocrisy,” Alberta Energy Minister Sonya Savage said in a statement.

“Keystone XL would have provided Americans with a stable source of energy from a trusted ally and friend that adheres to the highest (environmental, social, and governance) standards in the world with industry commitments to net-zero production.”
Alberta is joined at the hip to Chinese tarsands and invested. I don't remember the details of their participation, but it was greedy and myopic. TransCanada doesn't have a strong safety record. Alberta 's claim is self serving. They should build their pipeline across Canada to the ocean and leave us out of it.

Uh oh, Alberta isn't happy.

“The Biden administration pleading with OPEC to increase oil production to rescue the United States from high fuel prices months after cancelling the Keystone XL pipeline smacks of hypocrisy,” Alberta Energy Minister Sonya Savage said in a statement.

“Keystone XL would have provided Americans with a stable source of energy from a trusted ally and friend that adheres to the highest (environmental, social, and governance) standards in the world with industry commitments to net-zero production.”
Maybe this guy is stupid and doesn't know the difference between Canadian crude oil and Canadian tarsands.

At the end of the day, Biden is screwing Canada.

Tough luck aay....

Canadian tarsands are owned by the Chinese. Using the Free Trade Zone and shipping overseas increases their profits and the US takes all the risks.

Canadian tarsands are owned by the Chinese. Using the Free Trade Zone and shipping overseas increases their profits and the US takes all the risks.
Ask yourself, would Trump be as dependent as Biden is now and if so, why and how?

Forum List

Back