Alabamians....be comforted!

you are some people. You can dump on any people you feel like, but let them not accept homosexual then are called every name in the book
Spring......spring is coming, Stephanie.

Out of curiosity...since you are gay....how do you feel about the rather sympathetic stance the left has had for Islam...seeing as a significant segment of that religion would like to throw you off a rooftop?

Alabamians may not think you should have a same sex marriage. But they're more likely to kill you for being an Auburn football fan than being gay.

The "left" has a "sympathetic stance" for all oppressed minorities. American Muslims are not throwing gays off buildings, but they ARE a oppressed minority in this country.

American evangelical Christians are behind bills like Uganda's "kill the gays" legislation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/world/africa/04uganda.html

Religious extremism is the problem, not the religion.

you are some people. You can dump on any people you feel like, but let them not accept homosexual then are called every name in the book

Out of curiosity...since you are gay....how do you feel about the rather sympathetic stance the left has had for Islam...seeing as a significant segment of that religion would like to throw you off a rooftop?

Alabamians may not think you should have a same sex marriage. But they're more likely to kill you for being an Auburn football fan than being gay.
I don't see a sympathetic stance towards Islam by the Left. What I see is a sympathetic stance for the 1st Amendment and equal treatment. Want to build a church there? Go for it. Want to build a mosque there? Go for it. (of course with the second statement, I would then be accused of supporting Islam). Personally, I think both religions suck.
I guess you missed Obama's speech at the prayer breakfast last week.

Actually she pretty much summarized what the President said...extremists suck.

I don't see a sympathetic stance towards Islam by the Left. What I see is a sympathetic stance for the 1st Amendment and equal treatment. Want to build a church there? Go for it. Want to build a mosque there? Go for it. (of course with the second statement, I would then be accused of supporting Islam). Personally, I think both religions suck.

No he made excuses for the terrorists.

Leftists all support militant fundamentalist Islam. It's a known fact.

They're executing gay people simply for being gay. Assumed the gay community would be the most vocal against that culture spreading.
Yes they are. And many a RWr here points that out with a gleam in their eye.

I dont. I find it disgusting. And it makes me wonder why some on thr left oppose actions that help prevent or contain threats like that from hitting home. You being former military should know that political correctness does NOT keep people safe.

"Some on the Left' will oppose any military action. Some on the right will support any military action.

Reasonable people can disagree on what is an actual threat to Americans- and how to confront such threats.

So to bring this back around full circle- as a liberal- I am absolutely against violent religious extremists such as Al Qaeda and ISIL- I have no problem ethically with dropping missiles on their leaders asses. Radical Muslims treat homosexuals like crap- and none of that has anything to do with treating gay Americans right in Alabama.

They're executing gay people simply for being gay. Assumed the gay community would be the most vocal against that culture spreading.

I dont. I find it disgusting. And it makes me wonder why some on thr left oppose actions that help prevent or contain threats like that from hitting home. You being former military should know that political correctness does NOT keep people safe.
What political correctness? Believing that the 1st Amendment applies to ALL religions?

No, I heard it....and I agree....no religion's hands are clean. Just what I've been saying.

No he made excuses for the terrorists.
No he did not. But for the sake of argument, show us the part of President Obama's speech where he made excuses for the terrorists.

just small and hateful

stay out of their bedrooms but they shove anything in your face that they feel like. because they are special people

You can dump on any people you feel like, but let them not accept homosexual then they are called every name in the book. this is the reasons more people AREN'T ACCEPTING

And who can blame when they see crap like this

Maybe Alabamans will lead American Spring this year!! Lets roll Steph!!!

No, I heard it....and I agree....no religion's hands are clean. Just what I've been saying.
If Muslims had their way, you would be dead. My christian faith doesn't come close to that hatred.

If Muslims had their way, you would be dead. My christian faith doesn't come close to that hatred.

The history of you christer religion says otherwise, thankfully your religion has been defanged and declawed

So it's just a matter of degrees between the hate of Christians and of Muslims for homosexuals, is that what you're saying?

Muslims will kill homosexuals, but Christians will only oppress them?

So it's just a matter of degrees between the hate of Christians and of Muslims for homosexuals, is that what you're saying?

Muslims will kill homosexuals, but Christians will only oppress them?
My preacher doesn't preach hate at all.

This is unsurprisingly idiotic.

Gay Americans should be 'thankful' that in Alabama 'only' their civil rights are being violated.

More “be thankful you're 'just' discriminated against” idiocy.

And what 'actions' might those be.

A 'preemptive strike' against a 'Muslim' country.

That was tried and it was a miserable failure. Twice.

Some do...and if our SECULAR laws didn't prevent it, I would not be surprised to see more.

Forum List

Back