Al Jazeera embeds!

Colin

Gold Member
Aug 11, 2009
England
WTF! British troops are already bearing the results of disgusting neglect by the government, now they must bear insult as well! Our morally bankrupt government, who spend more time lining their own pockets than they do on matters of state, are now to allow reporters from Al Jazeera to embed with British troops! Did they ask the frontline troops what their feelings about this would be. Don’t make me laugh. And do they really believe that Al Jazeera will provide fair and equitable media coverage! Whose fucking side are these bastard politicians on?

Reporters from the controversial Arab TV channel Al Jazeera - infamous for broadcasting video messages from Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden - are to be allowed to report for the first time alongside UK troops from the frontline in Afghanistan.
Until now, so-called 'embeds' in Helmand Province, where most UK troops are fighting, have been restricted to British media outlets such as the BBC, ITV and Sky, plus US TV stations.
But the Ministry of Defence confirmed last night that Al Jazeera - dubbed 'terror television' for broadcasting hostage executions and the deaths of British and US soldiers - is to be given permission to report from the Afghan war zone.
The MoD claims its decision was made in order to reach millions of Muslims and Arabs in the UK and the rest of the world who might otherwise be denied the chance to see how British Forces are trying to free the Afghans from Taliban rule.

MoD 'putting troops at risk' by letting Al Jazeera report from Afghanistan front line | Mail Online

:eek:
wait, didnt they remove the BBC from royal navy ships for being biased against the troops, and now they are letting the terrorist network embed?

WTF is wrong with them?

From an American's perspective, it seems that the Muslims have already taken over Britain. And while we all know that most Muslims are not terrorists, it looks like you guys have more than your fair share of extremists.

This is outrageous, but not all that surprising.

wait, didnt they remove the BBC from royal navy ships for being biased against the troops, and now they are letting the terrorist network embed?

WTF is wrong with them?

The situation now, DiveCon, is that the lunatics are running the asylum! This government is a dead man walking. Unfortunately we have to put up with their incompetence for another 7 months. I know that those units who get lumbered with protecting these embeds will be pretty hacked off and rightly so.

WTF is wrong with them?

The situation now, DiveCon, is that the lunatics are running the asylum! This government is a dead man walking. Unfortunately we have to put up with their incompetence for another 7 months. I know that those units who get lumbered with protecting these embeds will be pretty hacked off and rightly so.
hell, i wouldnt trust them to be alone any time and make sure they cant tip of the terrorists to troop movements

From an American's perspective, it seems that the Muslims have already taken over Britain. And while we all know that most Muslims are not terrorists, it looks like you guys have more than your fair share of extremists.

No, that's not the case Chanel. It is just that this lily livered government of ex-marxists, bleeding-heart liberalists and self-serving twats, introduce all kinds of stupid directives because they think it's what minorities want. In fact, 99% of their garbage is not representative of what Muslims think or want at all. The biggest problem we have is deporting extremists and the difficulty there is the fault of the EU, the biggest disaster this country has ever faced.

WTF is wrong with them?

hell, i wouldnt trust them to be alone any time and make sure they cant tip of the terrorists to troop movements

I doubt they'll get the opportunity to do that, but when they return to the TV station they will have gleaned all sorts of information on British strategy and tactics and no doubt this will be passed back to the insurgent leaders.

No, that's not the case Chanel. It is just that this lily livered government of ex-marxists, bleeding-heart liberalists and self-serving twats, introduce all kinds of stupid directives because they think it's what minorities want. In fact, 99% of their garbage is not representative of what Muslims think or want at all. The biggest problem we have is deporting extremists and the difficulty there is the fault of the EU, the biggest disaster this country has ever faced.

Five years ago, I'd of said, "Come here, it's not happening," but now it is. We are becoming the EU. Not a good turning point...

A nice collection of knee-jerk reactions to the name "Al-Jazeera." I take it none of you read their articles regularly or have familiarized yourselves enough with the network to pass judgment on it. Compared to the garbage news that runs on TV here (FOX, MSNBC, etc.), it's a breath of fresh air.

Al Jazeera English - Middle East

A nice collection of knee-jerk reactions to the name "Al-Jazeera." I take it none of you read their articles regularly or have familiarized yourselves enough with the network to pass judgment on it. Compared to the garbage news that runs on TV here (FOX, MSNBC, etc.), it's a breath of fresh air.

With an avatar like yours why am I not surprised at your response! Quite frankly, I don't give a fuck about Fox, MSNBC or any other news media you would like to name. Being English they mean little to me. I am, however, very aware of Al Jazeera and some of its previous sick coverage of US and British troops. As Si modo points out you fail completely to comprehend the point made. The only kneeJERK I see in this thread is YOU. Now take your asinine response and shove it as far up your arse as you can. Be careful to remove your head before doing so.

I think you've missed the point.

Privileges are being granted to Al Jazeera that were previously only granted to British and American stations. People are flipping a shit because they stupidly associate Al Jazeera with "terror." What is it that I'm missing?

With an avatar like yours why am I not surprised at your response!
You can read it? Al Jazeera isn't an Islamic organization; it's a TV news station.

Quite frankly, I don't give a fuck about Fox, MSNBC or any other news media you would like to name. Being English they mean little to me. I am, however, very aware of Al Jazeera and some of its previous sick coverage of US and British troops.
Care to point to any examples?

As Si modo points out you fail completely to comprehend the point made.
No, I understand that you and others were under the naive impression that Al Jazeera is some sort of mouthpiece for Middle Eastern terrorism. I understand that, because of this, you take offense to their being embedded with British troops. I'm pointing out that this is incorrect and that your concerns are baseless.

The only kneeJERK I see in this thread is YOU. Now take your asinine response and shove it as far up your arse as you can. Be careful to remove your head before doing so.
I hear that Midol goes well with tea and crumpets.

someone should definitely tell those towel head sand ******* that they just don't count as much as british whitey. Clearly, all mid eastern non-jews have an IED up their ass and are only an opportunity away from killing everyone. Maybe we should just come up with a final solution and exterminate all of those muslim untermensch and give the Middle East to israel..

someone should definitely tell those towel head sand ******* that they just don't count as much as british whitey. Clearly, all mid eastern non-jews have an IED up their ass and are only an opportunity away from killing everyone. Maybe we should just come up with a final solution and exterminate all of those muslim untermensch and give the Middle East to israel..

Charming. You have now joined Ravi as the mouthpiece for foul racism, used under the pretext of accusing others of being racist.

Thank you for spreading the verbage around, Shogun. You're a champ!

Charming. You have now joined Ravi as the mouthpiece for foul racism, used under the pretext of accusing others of being racist.

Thank you for spreading the verbage around, Shogun. You're a champ!

dont get self righteous with me, dogma junkie. We both know where you place muslims in your goofy little race towards seeing revelations come to fruition. if I make fun of your kind and their laughable "who, ME?" approach to validated racism I'm afraid you'll have to excuse me for being less than impressed when you come back crying racist.

Forum List

Back