Al Jazeera embeds!

The American and western media sure doesn't mind showing the bodies of dead Irqai, Afghan, Somali, Palestinian, and Pakistanian, innocent men, women, and children that we have bombed.

We don't notify their families before our media shows the bodies on the news.

But then again, who would we notify?

Since most of the family members are dead.

Give some links rather than making emotional remarks in retaliation.
Just turn on your TV and watch the news and you will see it everyday.

You watch British TV do you? Obviously NOT.

Next time read the link, then you won’t have to ask the question! Al Jazeera has no respect for fallen soldiers or their families and loved ones. They have a policy of publishing pictures of dead soldiers even before next of kin have been informed

The right of the public to be exposed to the realities of current events takes precedence over the feelings of fallen soldiers' families, important though they may be.
Bullshit.

A nice collection of knee-jerk reactions to the name "Al-Jazeera." I take it none of you read their articles regularly or have familiarized yourselves enough with the network to pass judgment on it. Compared to the garbage news that runs on TV here (FOX, MSNBC, etc.), it's a breath of fresh air.

Al Jazeera English - Middle East

Al Jazeera English - Focus - 'Israel has to be held accountable'
Let's see they mention Israel, but no where do they mention the government of Palestine! They are disingenious just like you are Sunni are!

No it fucking well doesn't! The right of the families of the fallen is to be told of the death of loved ones in civil and respectful manner!!! Not by being exposed to the broken and bloodied bodies of their loved ones on a TV screen.!!!!

Expecting a news station to obtain permission to film everything and everyone is unrealistic. It's the media's duty to show the public what's happening and emotional considerations can't be allowed to get in the way of making the truth known. Plus, I doubt you'd be voicing your opinion as fervently if we were discussing most other news stations.

Last edited:
Next time read the link, then you won’t have to ask the question! Al Jazeera has no respect for fallen soldiers or their families and loved ones. They have a policy of publishing pictures of dead soldiers even before next of kin have been informed

The right of the public to be exposed to the realities of current events takes precedence over the feelings of fallen soldiers' families, important though they may be.
Bullshit.
That all you got?

A nice collection of knee-jerk reactions to the name "Al-Jazeera." I take it none of you read their articles regularly or have familiarized yourselves enough with the network to pass judgment on it. Compared to the garbage news that runs on TV here (FOX, MSNBC, etc.), it's a breath of fresh air.

Al Jazeera English - Middle East

Al Jazeera English - Focus - 'Israel has to be held accountable'
Let's see they mention Israel, but no where do they mention the government of Palestine! They are disingenious just like you are Sunni are!

The "Focus" section contains editorial articles. This is their news:

Al Jazeera English - AJE

No it fucking well doesn't! The right of the families of the fallen is to be told of the death of loved ones in civil and respectful manner!!! Not by being exposed to the broken and bloodied bodies of their loved ones on a TV screen.!!!!

Expecting a news station to obtain permission to film everything and everyone is unrealistic. It's the media's duty to show the public what's happening and emotional considerations can't be allowed to get in the way of making the truth known. Plus, I doubt you'd be voicing your opinion as fervently if we were discussing most other news stations.

Read the original post again! I'm talking about ebedded journalists with front line troops! NOT freelancers who go in alone. If you can't stay on topic, kindly piss off!

Read the original post again! I'm talking about ebedded journalists with front line troops! NOT freelancers who go in alone.

What difference does it make? Reality shouldn't be pre-screened and censored for emotional reasons either way.

Read the original post again! I'm talking about ebedded journalists with front line troops! NOT freelancers who go in alone.

What difference does it make? Reality shouldn't be pre-screened and censored for emotional reasons either way.

You sir are a form of lower life I hope never to have the displeasure of meeting. You also talk utter crap!

You sir are a form of lower life I hope never to have the displeasure of meeting. You also talk utter crap!

Your outburst here seems to be in line with the rest of your emotionally-charged responses. You've yet to explain why we should care more about avoiding the tears of a few families than the ignorance of entire populations.

Your outburst here seems to be in line with the rest of your emotionally-charged responses. You've yet to explain why we should care more about avoiding the tears of a few families than the ignorance of entire populations.

My emotion is due to the fact that I have someone who is extremely dear to me currently exposed to danger in Afghanistan. Understand now you piece of shit. Now fuck off and take your polluted views about how our fallen and their families should be treated elsewhere!

then expecting the troops to really pay all that much attention to them is unrealistic. Accidents can happen...folks can forget to warn of danger. That sort of thing can happen, you know. It's such a shame when it does, too. ;)

My emotion is due to the fact that I have someone who is extremely dear to me currently exposed to danger in Afghanistan. Understand now you piece of shit.
Why would your being in an emotionally compromised position affect my opinion? You can foam at the mouth and call me names as much as you'd like; you're only proving my point that your position is irrational and based entirely on your emotions.

Now fuck off and take your polluted views about how our fallen and their families should be treated elsewhere!
No thanks.

Last edited:

then expecting the troops to really pay all that much attention to them is unrealistic. Accidents can happen...folks can forget to warn of danger. That sort of thing can happen, you know. It's such a shame when it does, too. ;)

I'm not sure what you're saying. Feel free to make your point if you have one.

I personally don't think ANY dead soldiers pictures should be shown on T.V. or in the paper unless their family says it's ok. But especially not before they are told of their death, how barbaric! :evil:

I personally don't think ANY dead soldiers pictures should be shown on T.V. or in the paper unless their family says it's ok. But especially not before they are told of their death, how barbaric! :evil:

Barbaric! Yes, how appropriate a description of our Mr Kalam.

Hmmm. I am not too confident that you actually DID miss my point, but I will clarify.

The safety and lives of the embedded Al Jazeera employees depend on those with whom they are embedded. Sometimes safety warnings and other such oversights can happen from time to time in a combat theater and that's a shame when it does happen.

Hmmm. I am not too confident that you actually DID miss my point, but I will clarify.

The safety and lives of the embedded Al Jazeera employees depend on those with whom they are embedded. Sometimes safety warnings and other such oversights can happen from time to time in a combat theater and that's a shame when it does happen.

Apples and oranges. Protecting emotions and protecting lives aren't even in the same ballpark.

Forum List

Back