Air France stewardesses angry over order to wear headscarves

Why the fuck do people accommodate sexist bullshit like that? I'd be pissed too.
Liberals are deeply in love with the Muslim religion. Liberals are also sexually aroused by labor unions...
A conundrum.

No, Liberals feel that people should be able to do what they like as long as it doesn't harm or damage other people.

I hate Islam, more than I hate Christianity, which I hate, that doesn't mean I don't tolerate Christians or Muslims.

Some of my good friends are Christians and Muslims. I can cope with people having different views to me. On the other hand we have a Jewish guy (not practicing) at work, and he's an asshole. He's not an asshole because he's Jewish, he's an asshole because he's an asshole.
So what's your point?
BTW, you have a lot of hate inside. One day, it will eat a hole in your intestines.

The point being that saying "Liberals are deeply in love with the Muslim religion" is a load of crap.

Secondly, you don't know me. Don't profess to tell me what I think or don't think.

You're right. Liberals don't love Muslims....They're just whoring themselves out to Islam for Votes.

So, are you in agreement then, that if an airline from a country where women can be topless (or men can go bottomless) has stewardess' go topless when flying into the US - it's perfectly ok?

Coyote...Coyote....Coyote....LOL

No. I don't think it's perfectly ok. ....but then you are talking about a speculation....the OP is talking about real life.

We are talking here about ordering women to wear headscarves - who are not Arabs , and who find that an outrage - and with reason.

That's all.

As usual ....we can talk until the cows come home and never be able to see eye to eye ...:).... so...:dunno:

We're talking about "when in Rome, do as the Romans". Different countries have different dress codes. Like being bare chested - or covering the titties.
Ah yes....The liberal and Islamic war on women....

Choosing to wear a head scarf is a "war on women"?

Talk to the Orthodox Jews.

It's a liberal and Islamic and Jewish war on women - OMG OMG OMG!!!!
Its not a choice. it is a demand by the Iranian government.....

You were talking broadly with your "liberal and Islamic war on women".

Do you have a problem with dress codes and uniforms?

You libs are cheerleaders for the Islamists. You sympathize with Islamist terrorists. Don't deny it. Countless threads are replete of examples of liberal posters siding with terror groups as though their barbaric acts are somehow justified.

Oh? Which threads are those?

Islam is a patriarchal religion that in its teachings treat women as mere chattel.....No more dignified than a dog.
BTW, Orthodox Jews do not demand non Jews kowtow to their beliefs. And they don't kill people just because they aren't Orthodox Jews.
Don't give me any shit about the Palestinians either. That's another matter.

Neither do Muslims, but hey, don't let the facts bother you. :)

Have you figured out yet that all the Abrahamic faiths are heavily patriarchal?

Why the fuck do people accommodate sexist bullshit like that? I'd be pissed too.
Liberals are deeply in love with the Muslim religion. Liberals are also sexually aroused by labor unions...
A conundrum.

No, Liberals feel that people should be able to do what they like as long as it doesn't harm or damage other people.

I hate Islam, more than I hate Christianity, which I hate, that doesn't mean I don't tolerate Christians or Muslims.

Some of my good friends are Christians and Muslims. I can cope with people having different views to me. On the other hand we have a Jewish guy (not practicing) at work, and he's an asshole. He's not an asshole because he's Jewish, he's an asshole because he's an asshole.
So what's your point?
BTW, you have a lot of hate inside. One day, it will eat a hole in your intestines.

The point being that saying "Liberals are deeply in love with the Muslim religion" is a load of crap.

Secondly, you don't know me. Don't profess to tell me what I think or don't think.

You're right. Liberals don't love Muslims....They're just whoring themselves out to Islam for Votes.

Again, you're talking shit. I told you what Liberals do. You can choose to listen, or you can choose to be ignored.

This new requirement comes after an 8-year break in service to Tehran. Were Air France female crew members required to wear these headscarves before that break?

If not, what has changed since then, that they should be forced to wear them now?

-----------------------------------

Air France stewardesses mutiny over order to wear headscarves

Air France stewardesses mutiny over order to wear headscarves

by David Chazan, Paris
2 April 2016 • 7:00pm

Air France stewardesses, furious at being ordered to wear headscarves in Tehran, say they will refuse to fly to the Iranian capital when the airline resumes the service later this month. Female members of flight crews have been ordered to cover their hair once they disembark in Tehran and unions are demanding that the flights be made voluntary for women. The resumption of a thrice-weekly service between Paris and Tehran, planned for April 17 after an eight-year break, follows a thaw in relations since Iran agreed to dismantle large sections of its nuclear programme.

Iranian women have been forced by law to cover their hair or face stiff fines since the 1979 Islamic revolution. In staunchly secular France, however, public signs of religion have been frowned upon since a 1905 law separating church and state. French women see Islamic headscarves and veils as an affront to their dignity. Headscarves are banned in French state schools and offices, and it is illegal to wear the full-face Muslim veil in public.

Flore Arrighi, head of the UNAC flight crews’ union, said: “It is not our role to pass judgement on the wearing of headscarves or veils in Iran. What we are denouncing is that it is being made compulsory. Stewardesses must be given the right to refuse these flights.” She added that female staff were entitled to exercise “individual freedoms”.
Just wait until they try to drive a car in Iran.

Women are allowed to drive in Iran.
Really!?

Forum List

Back