Air France stewardesses angry over order to wear headscarves

And who can blame them? Many western women would be upset too! :dunno:

It's an outrageous demand.
What is so outrageous about a dress code?

Is Islam going to impose to the whole world their culture and ask to adopt the way they dress? and eat? and live?

I do not think so.
It's got nothing to do with religion you ignorant fool.

I've been required to wear a shirt at work. What the fuck does that have to do with religion?

hey Muhammed....you know what?

you have your views..

I have mine ok? :dunno:

This new requirement comes after an 8-year break in service to Tehran. Were Air France female crew members required to wear these headscarves before that break?

If not, what has changed since then, that they should be forced to wear them now?

-----------------------------------

Air France stewardesses mutiny over order to wear headscarves

by David Chazan, Paris
2 April 2016 • 7:00pm

Air France stewardesses, furious at being ordered to wear headscarves in Tehran, say they will refuse to fly to the Iranian capital when the airline resumes the service later this month. Female members of flight crews have been ordered to cover their hair once they disembark in Tehran and unions are demanding that the flights be made voluntary for women. The resumption of a thrice-weekly service between Paris and Tehran, planned for April 17 after an eight-year break, follows a thaw in relations since Iran agreed to dismantle large sections of its nuclear programme.

Iranian women have been forced by law to cover their hair or face stiff fines since the 1979 Islamic revolution. In staunchly secular France, however, public signs of religion have been frowned upon since a 1905 law separating church and state. French women see Islamic headscarves and veils as an affront to their dignity. Headscarves are banned in French state schools and offices, and it is illegal to wear the full-face Muslim veil in public.

Flore Arrighi, head of the UNAC flight crews’ union, said: “It is not our role to pass judgement on the wearing of headscarves or veils in Iran. What we are denouncing is that it is being made compulsory. Stewardesses must be given the right to refuse these flights.” She added that female staff were entitled to exercise “individual freedoms”.
Just wait until they try to drive a car in Iran.

Do you think it is outrageous if I go walking up and down the aisle with my cock and balls swinging to and fro?
It is what the dress code represents in this case oppression among other things.

It's outrageous because it only applies to women and it's an expression of submission that they're being forced to partake in.

Do you think it is outrageous if I go walking up and down the aisle with my cock and balls swinging to and fro?

What an absurd comparison.

Last edited:

It is what the dress code represents in this case oppression among other things.
Bullshit. You need to lighten up, Francis.

This new requirement comes after an 8-year break in service to Tehran. Were Air France female crew members required to wear these headscarves before that break?

If not, what has changed since then, that they should be forced to wear them now?

by David Chazan, Paris

Air France stewardesses, furious at being ordered to wear headscarves in Tehran, say they will refuse to fly to the Iranian capital when the airline resumes the service later this month. Female members of flight crews have been ordered to cover their hair once they disembark in Tehran and unions are demanding that the flights be made voluntary for women. The resumption of a thrice-weekly service between Paris and Tehran, planned for April 17 after an eight-year break, follows a thaw in relations since Iran agreed to dismantle large sections of its nuclear programme.

Iranian women have been forced by law to cover their hair or face stiff fines since the 1979 Islamic revolution. In staunchly secular France, however, public signs of religion have been frowned upon since a 1905 law separating church and state. French women see Islamic headscarves and veils as an affront to their dignity. Headscarves are banned in French state schools and offices, and it is illegal to wear the full-face Muslim veil in public.

Flore Arrighi, head of the UNAC flight crews’ union, said: “It is not our role to pass judgement on the wearing of headscarves or veils in Iran. What we are denouncing is that it is being made compulsory. Stewardesses must be given the right to refuse these flights.” She added that female staff were entitled to exercise “individual freedoms”.
I'm pretty sure that they already do.

Bullshit.

Women's 'Rights' in Iran: 5 Laws That Will Appall You | Clarion Project :slap:

:itsok:

Is Islam going to impose to the whole world their culture and ask to adopt the way they dress? and eat? and live?

I do not think so.
It's got nothing to do with religion you ignorant fool.

I've been required to wear a shirt at work. What the fuck does that have to do with religion?

hey Muhammed....you know what?

you have your views..

I have mine ok? :dunno:
OK

If it's that important to you, why don't you Google it and get back to us?

I don't see a problem here, at least not one that's hard to solve.

Air France should rescind the requirement for head scarves, inform the Iranian government that requiring head scarves on women is not their company policy. If some of their female crew members want to volunteer to wear head scarves, that's fine. An Air France can put them on the Iran-bound flights as needed. And if they can't get enough who want to, they can advertise for more... or cut back on flights into Iran.

Then the Iranian government can decide if they want Air France landing in any airport in their country, or not. They have the perfect right to refuse Air France permission to land, for any reason. The can decide it any way they like.

Sounds like this is a solution where everybody does what they approve of.

And if Iran decides they don't mind the reduction or elimination of flights into their country that comes with a requirement for head scarves, that's their business. Nobody is forcing them to make the decisions that way.

I do not think so.

They aren't. It's just a dress code for when they are in Iran. SO WHAT? Everyone has a dress code.

Men over there like their women covered in public,but naked and barefoot at home.

I wouldn't last a minute with those sexist icky fu(ked up rules..

I also read that they pee in a hole...in the public bathrooms. Poor women~

Exactly!

And they want to spread all that misery .....to Western women!

It's just too much, it's unacceptable.

So, some cultures allow women to walk around bare chested. Should stewardess' do that when flying to Omaha?

Men over there like their women covered in public,but naked and barefoot at home.

Exactly!

My family came over from Sweden via Ellis Island . They learned the English and opened a store, became an American without trying to make America change for them. This is what pisses me off.

Who is making America change?

by David Chazan, Paris

Women are allowed to drive in Iran.

Last edited:

Exactly!

So, some cultures allow women to walk around bare chested. Should stewardess' do that when flying to Omaha?

huh?

what Western culture allows a stewardess to walk around bare chested when flying?

you are funny!:eek: :p

Forum List

Back