AI in action. Drone swarm autonomously navigates bamboo forest.

What makes it a swarm? Is it a group of drones, independently navigating or are they communicating with each other?

I believe they are navigating independently, but I could be wrong. Even if they are, they are keeping of stationary obstacles, moving obstacles, elevation, surface items, and direction. And making changes as they go.

I believe they are navigating independently, but I could be wrong. Even if they are, they are keeping of stationary obstacles, moving obstacles, elevation, surface items, and direction. And making changes as they go.
Saw a news story about Drone Shows where they program up to 500 to dance in the sky in complex 3D patterns and colorful lights.
They said they were programmed independently and that each one only know where it's supposed to be at any time.

Saw a news story about Drone Shows where they program up to 500 to dance in the sky in complex 3D patterns and colorful lights.
They said they were programmed independently and that each one only know where it's supposed to be at any time.

I've seen those drone light shows. They are amazing.

There are drones that carry humans invented in 2016 by China.

The US should have a flying saucer soon, if not already.

There are drones that carry humans invented in 2016 by China.

The US should have a flying saucer soon, if not already.

We tried them in the '50s and failed to find any real advantage to their shape. How to build them is easy, why to build them is much harder.

We tried them in the '50s and failed to find any real advantage to their shape. How to build them is easy, why to build them is much harder.
They used jet turbines and alerons-like shutters to maneuver. I think they were thought up for maneuverability compared to rocket propulsion. Maybe there's a market for private flyers.

For long-range or space travel, the US went with propellants. Is that still true today?

ETA: Here's why I ask. I found this, but it's outdated -- NASA - Propulsion Systems of the Future. Propellants are outdated. With it, we are still traveling as fast as John Glenn lol.

There's others outdated links like it. Has the US moved on to better energy systems? That's why I said to travel at high speed, one needs a new energy system.

Last edited:
They used jet turbines and alerons-like shutters to maneuver. I think they were thought up for maneuverability compared to rocket propulsion. Maybe there's a market for private flyers.
I think the future of short-range, personal aircraft will look like:
AdobeStock_177364310-e1536026337645-min.jpeg

For long-range or space travel, the US went with propellants. Is that still true today?
Jets are best for mid to long range trips on Earth. You need rockets to get into space.

I think the future of short-range, personal aircraft will look like:
AdobeStock_177364310-e1536026337645-min.jpeg

Jets are best for mid to long range trips on Earth. You need rockets to get into space.
I was thinking a sky taxi and can see doing it for short trips. I'm not sure for distant city-to-city trips. Wouldn't you think it would be dangerous? I'm not sure if they're ready for human trips. FAA's still making rules for unmanned ones.

I live near a small aircraft airport and haven't seen any drones taking off. I think unmanned ones nearby are illegal.

Given the idiocy I see in modern traffic, I don't think we need to start making it 3D.

Meh... not impressed.

Any old bird with a birdbrain can do that.

We're supposed to exalt AI because it's finally reached the level of birds?

You'll let me know when we achieve lemmings?

If the machine can alter its own programming based on inputs, it is considered AI. Whether you exalt them or not is up to you.

Forum List

Back