Ahmaud Arbery's killers were convicted of murder. Now the feds want to prove they did it because he was Black

What crime? The only thing they witnessed was a man jogging down the street.

His criminal record doesn't negate his right to not be accosted by gunmen while out on a jog. They attacked him when they chased him and pointed guns at him. His actions were in self defense. You morons really should learn what your rights and responsibilities are before end up catching a charge.

There is no self-defense against a gun. Your best bet is to simply listen to what they tell you which in this case was to stop and don't go anywhere. Anybody that attacks a person with a loaded gun pointed at them is on a suicide mission.

There is no self-defense against a gun. Your best bet is to simply listen to what they tell you which in this case was to stop and don't go anywhere. Anybody that attacks a person with a loaded gun pointed at them is on a suicide mission.
Or feels they have no choice. But I get it, you're the complient type.

Or feels they have no choice. But I get it, you're the complient type.

No, I have something that's void on the left. It's called common sense or logic. I'm guessing this Arbery guy wasn't very smart. He probably assumed since they were white nobody would have the guts to pull the trigger if he attacked them.

If you can't answer a post without breaking it up into a dozen pieces, I don't have time to reply. Isn't there a community college or something near your home that can teach you how to write? You can always tell a public school student by how they reply on USMB.
So tell me Slum Lord Trucker about the private school you attended. Unfortunately you have to break bullshit down line by line. You racist cowards hate being called out as a racist. Here was an innocent young man who was chased down and murdered by 3 racist cowards and you and the other racist are trying to justify their actions. It's a disgrace.

No, I have something that's void on the left. It's called common sense or logic. I'm guessing this Arbery guy wasn't very smart. He probably assumed since they were white nobody would have the guts to pull the trigger if he attacked them.
More like he recognized the Confederate flag and wasn't about to comply to a bunch of racist. But if you want to convince me that you're the type of guy who would just bend over if BLM rolled up on you told you to then I believe you. Lol

Actually they are going to show 3 murderers this isn't 1954, where you could just chase down a black man and murder him and then have folks on the jury like you that would just let them go.
They already showed them. They got life in prison. Now, they're going to show them that they fucked up by murdering a black dude. This is part of the plan to make white folks second class citizens.

More like he recognized the Confederate flag and wasn't about to comply to a bunch of racist. But if you want to convince me that you're the type of guy who would just bend over if BLM rolled up on you told you to then I believe you. Lol

I certainly wouldn't try to disarm them, and I studied martial arts right up to black belt. In fact I only learned one move to disarm somebody with a gun, and that was at close range with the attacker sticking a gun in your belly like those old 1960 movies. Nobody does that and even my teacher laughed at the move.

You will never win a gun battle unless you are armed too. If there is a 5% chance your attacker will not kill you, it's better than the 100% chance you will be shot and killed if you try to attack him. Like I said, common sense.

So tell me Slum Lord Trucker about the private school you attended. Unfortunately you have to break bullshit down line by line. You racist cowards hate being called out as a racist. Here was an innocent young man who was chased down and murdered by 3 racist cowards and you and the other racist are trying to justify their actions. It's a disgrace.

The only time I break a conversation down is when I reply too others that do it like you and JoeB. This year I decided it was too time consuming. Two or three quotes are fine, but not 10, 12 15.

You must have a short memory. I stated repeatedly what they did was wrong. But Arbery was not all that smart either. They both did dumb things that resulted in death and prison. Unlike you at least I'm willing to blame both parties whereas you only want to take one side, your brothers side. If I see a white do something wrong, I'll say it and I have in this topic. In fact if you check out any of the Rittenhouse posts I participated in, I said the same thing about that kid in spite of all the other conservative posters taking his side.

The only time I break a conversation down is when I reply too others that do it like you and JoeB. This year I decided it was too time consuming. Two or three quotes are fine, but not 10, 12 15.
Stop posting these short stories and folks won't have to reply to them.
You must have a short memory. I stated repeatedly what they did was wrong. But Arbery was not all that smart either. They both did dumb things that resulted in death and prison. Unlike you at least I'm willing to blame both parties whereas you only want to take one side, your brothers side. If I see a white do something wrong, I'll say it and I have in this topic. In fact if you check out any of the Rittenhouse posts I participated in, I said the same thing about that kid in spite of all the other conservative posters taking his side.
What am I going to blame Arbery for? He didn't grab a gun and chase anyone down. The McMichaels had no authority or reason to be chasing Arbery down or trying to hold him at gun point. In one breath you claim what they did was wrong, in the next you try to make it Arbery's fault. Unless you have had 3 rednecks chase you down with guns, you don't know what the hell you would do.

Stop posting these short stories and folks won't have to reply to them.

Most other folks have no problem replying to my post in one quote.

What am I going to blame Arbery for? He didn't grab a gun and chase anyone down. The McMichaels had no authority or reason to be chasing Arbery down or trying to hold him at gun point. In one breath you claim what they did was wrong, in the next you try to make it Arbery's fault. Unless you have had 3 rednecks chase you down with guns, you don't know what the hell you would do.

Arbery ended his own life by attacking a person holding a gun on him. What was he expecting, that his superman speed could beat the pulling of the trigger? I blame both of them. They both made mistakes that led to his death. These three guys had no business trying to do the work of police and he had no brains to just stop and see what these guys wanted.

If I see somebody assault a woman for her purse at a shopping mall parking lot, and I pull out my gun to stop the crime and he attacks me, I have no choice but to shoot. If I don't, this much stronger younger guy will take my gun and perhaps use it against me. II can't afford that risk and by law, I am legally allowed to use my firearm as a CCW holder if I believe my life (or the life of others) is in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death. I wouldn't even get a citation by the officer.

Most other folks have no problem replying to my post in one quote.

Arbery ended his own life by attacking a person holding a gun on him.
No the McMichaels ended his life when they decided to grab their guns and chase him down. Let's get that straight.
What was he expecting, that his superman speed could beat the pulling of the trigger? I blame both of them. They both made mistakes that led to his death. These three guys had no business trying to do the work of police and he had no brains to just stop and see what these guys wanted.
Amazing, if the McMichaels and Roddy had not chased them young man down in the street he would be alive today, why in the hell do you think they were convicted on murder charges.
If I see somebody assault a woman for her purse at a shopping mall parking lot, and I pull out my gun to stop the crime and he attacks me, I have no choice but to shoot.
Whose purse was Ahmaud stealing at the time he was murdered? That analogy is stupid as hell.
If I don't, this much stronger younger guy will take my gun and perhaps use it against me. II can't afford that risk and by law, I am legally allowed to use my firearm as a CCW holder if I believe my life (or the life of others) is in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death. I wouldn't even get a citation by the officer.
Too bad for them that was not the scenario in this case, they iniatiated this whole incident. You can't chase a man down for no reason, pull your gun on him and then claim "Oh it was self-defense, he attacked me." How many times did they threaten this young man's life, we know Greg McMichael did because the dumb ass told the police he did. These 3 redneck, racist murderers are getting exactly what they deserve.

No the McMichaels ended his life when they decided to grab their guns and chase him down. Let's get that straight.

Amazing, if the McMichaels and Roddy had not chased them young man down in the street he would be alive today, why in the hell do you think they were convicted on murder charges.

Whose purse was Ahmaud stealing at the time he was murdered? That analogy is stupid as hell.

Too bad for them that was not the scenario in this case, they iniatiated this whole incident. You can't chase a man down for no reason, pull your gun on him and then claim "Oh it was self-defense, he attacked me." How many times did they threaten this young man's life, we know Greg McMichael did because the dumb ass told the police he did. These 3 redneck, racist murderers are getting exactly what they deserve.

Yes, they did initiate it and I said they were wrong. The problem with you people is you can't admit when the person you're defending was wrong as well. Arbery would be alive today if he didn't attack the guy with the gun, just like all those blacks that put police in a dangerous position and get shot to death. There is no excuse for stupid.

Unlike you I have an open mind. I can admit when there is fault on both sides. You don't have that ability.

Yes, they did initiate it and I said they were wrong. The problem with you people is you can't admit when the person you're defending was wrong as well. Arbery would be alive today if he didn't attack the guy with the gun, just like all those blacks that put police in a dangerous position and get shot to death. There is no excuse for stupid.
Greg McMichael said Ahmaud was cornered like a rat, he had already threatened to blow his fucking head off. WTF else was the man supposed to do in that situation? He was probably thinking Travis was going to shoot him in the back if he tried to run away, so your instinct is to get to him because you can't outrun a bullet. You have NEVER been in that situation so you don't know what you would fo.
Unlike you I have an open mind. I can admit when there is fault on both sides. You don't have that ability.
No you are just running your mouth, let us know how you reacted when you have been in that situation.

The dangerous situation in this case was caused by the armed thugs chasing an innocent man through the streets. You're the type of guy who blames women for their clothing choices when they're assaulted and you're the type of guy who goes willingly and without resistance when people are threatening you. Arbery tried to flee and when he couldn't do that he fought because he wasn't the type to surrender. You are. That doesn't make Arbery wrong, it just makes him not you.

Georgia prosecutors proved Ahmaud Arbery's killers guilty of murder. Now, lawyers for the federal government will try to prove they chased down the 25-year-old jogger because he was Black.

That case may be tougher to make.

Jury selection in the federal hate crimes trial for the three White men begins Monday in Brunswick, Georgia, with prosecutors aiming to prove they pursued and tried to kidnap Arbery because of his race, resulting in his death.

On the line for the defendants -- already serving life sentences on state murder convictions -- are steep fines and more decades behind bars. But for some observers, the stakes reach far beyond the men on trial.

"It sends a message to every Black person everywhere that you can't hunt people down who are legitimately in a place just because you're afraid. Doing that is racist, and we will punish it," said hate crimes expert and Indiana University law professor Jeannine Bell. "It's not just that it is racist; the government cares about that."

I want to see these 3 racist clowns get everything that is coming to them.
It is now a crime to question a person that might not be in the right place, if you are white and they are Black. The old “see something say something” is dead… that is why people watch shoplifters causal steal things and bystanders watch a women get raped on a train (yes that happened).

I live in the northside of Chicago. My building is a mix of blacks, whites and Latinos.

We have been having a rash of people coming in and stealing packages, so called porch pirates. They are relentless. I only have items delivered to my parent’s place in the burbs or Amazon lockers.

I consistently get piggy-backed in by many blacks who don’t appear to live in my building. I am not afraid of them physically, but afraid of what they can do my livelihood. No chance in hell I am going to stop them… I accidentally ask the wrong one where he lives and I get labeled as white racist and lose my job.

My Black neighbors, who are middle class, get furious with me. They tell me they don’t let anyone piggy-pack and that I am part of the problem… I tell them that they don’t know what it is like to be a white straight man living in Chicago or America nowadays 😂… the irony in that statement.

It is now a crime to question a person that might not be in the right place, if you are white and they are Black. The old “see something say something” is dead… that is why people watch shoplifters causal steal things and bystanders watch a women get raped on a train (yes that happened).
No, it's against the Law ti chase them down with guns and murder them.
I live in the northside of Chicago. My building is a mix of blacks, whites and Latinos.

We have been having a rash of people coming in and stealing packages, so called porch pirates. They are relentless. I only have items delivered to my parent’s place in the burbs or Amazon lockers.
Ok, all of America is dealing with that. What does that have to do with Ahmaud.
I consistently get piggy-backed in by many blacks who don’t appear to live in my building. I am not afraid of them physically, but afraid of what they can do my livelihood. No chance in hell I am going to stop them… I accidentally ask the wrong one where he lives and I get labeled as white racist and lose my job.
Wow, smfh.
My Black neighbors, who are middle class, get furious with me. They tell me they don’t let anyone piggy-pack and that I am part of the problem… I tell them that they don’t know what it is like to be a white straight man living in Chicago or America nowadays 😂… the irony in that statement.
Sounds like some bullshit.

No, it's against the Law ti chase them down with guns and murder them.

Ok, all of America is dealing with that. What does that have to do with Ahmaud.

Wow, smfh.

Sounds like some bullshit.
Ahmaud case was different then most, but not as cut and dry as black race hustlers and leftists make it out to be:
(1) There were a rash of break ins in the neighborhood
(2) Ahmaud was seen trespassing in a construction site
(3) The father and son stopped him and acted stupidly foresure; but did they act so unlawfully to lose their self-defense defense? The jury said so, I am not so sure. However I do lean to an unlawful stop.
(4) Ahmad attack first. Not disputed. Why in god’s name would Ahmaud attack the son carrying a gun… so god damn stupid.
Nevertheless, the father and son put themselves in that situation and that appears to beat self-defense claim.

I am more OK with this verdict then most.

Oh calling my claim BS,,, see the rash of porch pirate 🏴‍☠️ in Chicago and really everywhere. There is no doorman in my building and packages generally get left upfront near the elevators. There is a camera, but no one cares.

In one area that I stand corrected on is I get piggybacked by all races; but I would never question a black piggy backer because if the videos I have scene of a person doing it to a black man in the building and getting label as a racist, going viral and losing their job…. I have stopped whites that look homeless or scumbagish. And yes I am friendly with my black neighbors. He saw me do it once and was furious with me, since everyone in building has lost a package or 2. If you don’t believe me, then I am not sure how I will continue to go one 😂

I am more OK with this verdict then most.

I am for the shooter but not the other two. There was no plan to go out and murder the guy therefore they really are not accomplices. It's different than when a couple of guys decide to rob a home occupied by a 70 year old guy and one ends up killing him. That was planned.

Forum List

Back