AGW failed again

I know, reading exactly what you wrote, crazy!

This dude is trolling me, right? He couldn't possibly still not get it after post #76. Toddsterpatriot, it's pretty rare for me to actually be bewildered by somebody's ignorance. Congratulations.

Last edited:
I notice that several alarmists here, post the consensus fallacy and think that is a rational argument to prove that the AGW conjecture is a success, when only a SINGLE refutation can destroy it totally.

Here it is,

The 1990 IPCC report PREDICTED an average of .30C per decade warming, with 1C warming by 2025. This was based on CO2 emission scenario, that was using the AGW conjectures warm forcing formula.

The Satellite data show about HALF the rate, which means EPIC FAIL!

Consensus babblings by ignorant dishonest and irrational alarmists routed by a single AGW failure!

:777:

I notice that several alarmists here, post the consensus fallacy and think that is a rational argument to prove that the AGW conjecture is a success, when only a SINGLE refutation can destroy it totally.

Here it is,

The 1990 IPCC report PREDICTED an average of .30C per decade warming, with 1C warming by 2025. This was based on CO2 emission scenario, that was using the AGW conjectures warm forcing formula.

Consensus babblings by ignorant dishonest and irrational alarmists routed by a single AGW failure!

Oh look! Another moron denier with zero education, experience, or published science in any scientific field, ever, masturbating on an internet message board!

We sure dont see THAT every day! Wait, yes we do...

So you think what they're filling those holes with is basically horseshit? I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm willing to be proven wrong about this, but I need to understand how it is that such a giant majority of scientists would all be saying/suggesting the same thing if it's complete nonsense. It seems ludicrous to me to suggest that they're all bought and paid for and are willingly pushing false information. What seems far more likely to me is that the small handful of experts that dispute AGW and do studies funded by people that have a vested interest in the public not believing it are the ones that are actually bullshitting us.

No, I'm sure you're not, it comes naturally to you.

The proof is in the FACT that your allies even had to change the name of the movement to coincide with their own findings. From Global Warming to Climate Change. Who can argue with Climate Change? It's been happening for BILLIONS of years.

Here it is,

Oh look! Another moron denier with zero education, experience, or published science in any scientific field, ever, masturbating on an internet message board!

We sure dont see THAT every day! Wait, yes we do...

I posted real stuff which I can back up fully with links to the IPCC and Satellite data, but knowing that you are an idiot with no interest I learning or debating the evidence, it would be a waste of time.

You have no idea who I am or what I know.

You are being exposed as a completely ignorant moron.

A consensus is not proof, but you really should give it some consideration when 97% of people that are educated about this matter are saying the same thing. The study shows that the strength of the consensus is directly correlated with how educated people are about the topic. You're shitting all over people that have spent their lives researching the topic in question simply because they haven't come to your preferred conclusion. Do you really think there is a climate conspiracy that involves 97% of the scientists? That's insane.

If they conceded that Global Warming is NOT Man Made, poof, there goes their grants, their funding, their jobs.

Actually, the FACTS are easy to find. The AGW's just refuse to acknowledge them.

The Myth of the Climate Change '97%'

What is the origin of the false belief—constantly repeated—that almost all scientists agree about global warming?
By
JOSEPH BAST And
ROY SPENCER

May 26, 2014 7:34 pm

Last week Secretary of State John Kerry warned graduating students at Boston College of the "crippling consequences" of climate change. "Ninety-seven percent of the world's scientists," he added, "tell us this is urgent."

Where did Mr. Kerry get the 97% figure? Perhaps from his boss, President Obama, who tweeted on May 16 that "Ninety-seven percent of scientists agree: #climate change is real, man-made and dangerous." Or maybe from NASA, which posted (in more measured language) on its website, "Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities."

Yet the assertion that 97% of scientists believe that climate change is a man-made, urgent problem is a fiction. The so-called consensus comes from a handful of surveys and abstract-counting exercises that have been contradicted by more reliable research.

One frequently cited source for the consensus is a 2004 opinion essay published in Science magazine by Naomi Oreskes, a science historian now at Harvard. She claimed to have examined abstracts of 928 articles published in scientific journals between 1993 and 2003, and found that 75% supported the view that human activities are responsible for most of the observed warming over the previous 50 years while none directly dissented.

Ms. Oreskes's definition of consensus covered "man-made" but left out "dangerous"—and scores of articles by prominent scientists such as Richard Lindzen, John Christy,Sherwood Idso and Patrick Michaels, who question the consensus, were excluded. The methodology is also flawed. A study published earlier this year in Nature noted that abstracts of academic papers often contain claims that aren't substantiated in the papers.

Read more at:
The Myth of the Climate Change '97%'

I see what you're saying now. So basically the author is saying that it's not accurate to say 97% believe humans are between 50 and 100% responsible. What that does mean, however, is that 97% do believe that humans have some level of impact, and are to some extent responsible for the warming, with a large majority still believing humans are mostly responsible. It's still true to say 97% believe to varying degrees that humans are impacting the environment, and that most believe that humans are mostly responsible. It's still a figure worth giving serious consideration to. Even with that adjustment to the figure can you really say with confidence that AGW isn't real?

If I fill a bucket of water from my garden hose, drive down to the beach and pour it into the Gulf of Mexico, I have had "SOME LEVEL OF IMPACT". But, who knows, who can tell, who cares?

Your lack of reading comprehension probably has something to do with your stance on this issue.

These are the kinds of people that oppose the science behind AGW. People so inept at processing information that they get confused and combative over very simple ideas and concepts.

For your edification.

As you know, Professor Phil Jones was the center of the Global Warming Scam at East Anglia University. Their program was considered the epitome of Global Warming Information. The disclosure of thousands of e-mails proving their efforts to conceal information discredit and even prevent opposing views from being published has wrecked the scam, hopefully forever. Data used by the United Nations IPCC and NASA findings came from EAU.

14th February, 2010

Climategate U-turn as scientist at centre of row admits: There has been no global warming since 1995

Data for vital 'hockey stick graph' has gone missing (it has now been disclosed that all the “raw data” was DUMPED!

There has been no global warming since 1995

Warming periods have happened before - but NOT due to man-made changes

Phil Jones admitted his record keeping is 'not as good as it should be.

WHAT????
[…]

Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon.

And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming.

Phil Jones has said that he considered suicide for his part in this worldwide scam.

Let us also recall: The e-mails leaked in the fall of 2009 allow us to trace the machinations of a small but influential band of British and US climate scientists who played the lead role in the IPCC reports. It appears that this group, which controlled access to basic temperature data, was able to produce a "warming" by manipulating the analysis of the data, but refused to share information on the basic data or details of their analysis with independent scientists who requested them -- in violation of Freedom of Information laws. In fact, they went so far as to keep any dissenting views from being published -- by monopolizing the peer-review process, aided by ideologically cooperative editors of prestigious journals, like Science and Nature.

We learn from the e-mails that the ClimateGate gang was able to "hide the decline" [of global temperature] by applying what they termed as "tricks," and that they intimidated editors and forced out those judged to be "uncooperative." No doubt, thorough investigations, now in progress or planned, will disclose the full range of their nefarious activities. But it is clear that this small cabal was able to convince much of the world that climate disasters were impending -- unless drastic steps were taken. Not only were most of the media, public, and politicians misled, but so were many scientists, national academies of science, and professional organizations -- and even the Norwegian committee that awarded the 2007 Peace Prize to the IPCC and Al Gore, the chief apostle of climate alarmism.

Climategate U-turn: Astonishment as scientist at centre of global warming email row admits data not well organised | Daily Mail Online

Here is what is never recognized buy those who so eagerly embrace AGW and thus this whole consensus science stuff...

These alarmists, well yes probably being particularly brilliant with science related things are just atrocious at dealing with abstract thinking. They just have a profound misunderstanding of the social dynamic in society thinking..... they think that the consensus science as determined by climate scientists is the end of the discussion. But that totally fails to take into account the social dynamic in the real world.....

It is plainly clear that the public is not at all interested in climate science. Every poll on voters interest for the past 10 years displays this decisively. And why would that be? The answer is actually quite simple but completely misunderstood by the climate alarmists.....

Duh.... people are far far far too busy in their daily lives to be swayed by insignificant bulshit coming from climate alarmists.... especially when what they are seeing from day today is the same s*** they've been seeing for 10 20 30 40 50 years. About the Arctic Ice . With hurricanes . With floods . With drought . With forest fires. .......

Nobody is ever going to be moved to call their congressman to do something about climate change UNTIL they actually see something significant happened in the climate. Only the alarmist nutbags think the public will be swayed because a climate scientist said the ocean has raised two millimeters.... doesn't take a rocket scientist to get that dynamic. Yet for the climate alarmist it's just a difficult thing to grasp.... yes, indeed it is fascinating but most of the public does not think anything like the way our climate alarmists thinks.

Hey but I'll say this.... when one day we have video of bikini-clad babes water skiing on a lake in the middle of Alaska in the middle of January for 3 weeks now you might get people's attention. Not a moment sooner...... duh

The proof is in the FACT that your allies even had to change the name of the movement to coincide with their own findings. From Global Warming to Climate Change.
You also clearly have no odea what you are talking about. The globe is still warmong. Climate change includes many climatic changes, including global warming. These include ocean acidification, loss of land and sea ice, more energetic storms, etc

What you just said is very, very stupid, and you should feel embarrassed of yourself for saying it.

Yet the assertion that 97% of scientists believe that climate change is a man-made, urgent problem is a fiction.

I already addressed this. It may not be true that 97% believe that it's an urgent problem, but 97% do at least believe that humans are contributing to the warming to some extent. Also, a majority still believe that it is an urgent problem being caused by humans. It might not be 97% that feel that way, but it's still a majority, and it's a figure worth giving consideration to considering these are the most qualified people in the world when it comes to having an opinion on the issue.

If they conceded that Global Warming is NOT Man Made, poof, there goes their grants, their funding, their jobs.

What evidence do you have of this? Do you know of any scientists that found evidence that climate change isn't being accelerated by man and then lost their jobs when they tried to go public? I saw your dailymail article from 8 years ago, but what about what NASA is saying today? What about the fact that 97% of climate scientists do believe that humans are contributing to global warming to some extent, with a majority of those 97% believing that we are largely responsible for the recent change? Are they in on the conspiracy? Is their data false?

Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Evidence

The planet's average surface temperature has risen about 2.0 degrees Fahrenheit (1.1 degrees Celsius) since the late 19th century, a change driven largely by increased carbon dioxide and other human-made emissions into the atmosphere.5 Most of the warming occurred in the past 35 years, with 16 of the 17 warmest years on record occurring since 2001. Not only was 2016 the warmest year on record, but eight of the 12 months that make up the year — from January through September, with the exception of June — were the warmest on record for those respective months.

The oceans have absorbed much of this increased heat, with the top 700 meters (about 2,300 feet) of ocean showing warming of 0.302 degrees Fahrenheit since 1969.

Since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, the acidity of surface ocean waters has increased by about 30 percent.11,12 This increase is the result of humans emitting more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere and hence more being absorbed into the oceans. The amount of carbon dioxide absorbed by the upper layer of the oceans is increasing by about 2 billion tons per year.

It's ludicrous to suggest that NASA and climate scientists all over the world are lying about global warming.

Last edited:
It's ludicrous to suggest that NASA and climate scientists all over the world are lying about global warming.

Yes, they are lying and have been for decades. Of course, you know this well and just love playing the Troll!

JUN 13, 2012 @ 04:34 PM 26,942 The Little Black Book of Billionaire Secrets
Doctored Data, Not U.S. Temperatures, Set a Record This Year

James Taylor
, CONTRIBUTORI am president of the Spark of Freedom Foundation. Los Angeles Times.

Which begs the question, what does “recorded” mean?

To most people, the hottest temperatures ever “recorded” would imply that quality controlled thermometers registered higher readings during the past year than had ever occurred before. If you believe that this is what the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) means by hottest temperatures ever “recorded,” then you are wrong.

Raw temperature data show that U.S. temperatures were significantly warmer during the 1930s than they are today. In fact, raw temperature data show an 80-year cooling trend. NOAA is only able to claim that we are experiencing the hottest temperatures on record by doctoring the raw temperature data.

Yes, they are lying and have been for decades. Of course, you know this well and just love playing the Troll!

JUN 13, 2012 @ 04:34 PM 26,942 The Little Black Book of Billionaire Secrets

James Taylor
, CONTRIBUTORI am president of the Spark of Freedom Foundation. Los Angeles Times.

Which begs the question, what does “recorded” mean?

To most people, the hottest temperatures ever “recorded” would imply that quality controlled thermometers registered higher readings during the past year than had ever occurred before. If you believe that this is what the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) means by hottest temperatures ever “recorded,” then you are wrong.

Raw temperature data show that U.S. temperatures were significantly warmer during the 1930s than they are today. In fact, raw temperature data show an 80-year cooling trend. NOAA is only able to claim that we are experiencing the hottest temperatures on record by doctoring the raw temperature data.

I like how you ignored the rest of my post. Do you have anything that's not an opinion piece? There is not a global science conspiracy involving the overwhelming majority of scientists. You've been duped by people with a vested interest in convincing the public to ignore what scientists are saying.

Yet the assertion that 97% of scientists believe that climate change is a man-made, urgent problem is a fiction.

I already addressed this. It may not be true that 97% believe that it's an urgent problem, but 97% do at least believe that humans are contributing to the warming to some extent. Also, a majority still believe that it is an urgent problem being caused by humans. It might not be 97% that feel that way, but it's still a majority, and it's a figure worth giving consideration to considering these are the most qualified people in the world when it comes to having an opinion on the issue.

What evidence do you have of this? Do you know of any scientists that found evidence that climate change isn't being accelerated by man and then lost their jobs when they tried to go public? I saw your dailymail article from 8 years ago, but what about what NASA is saying today? What about the fact that 97% of climate scientists do believe that humans are contributing to global warming to some extent, with a majority believing that we are largely responsible for the recent change? Are they in on the conspiracy? Is their data false?

Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet: Evidence

The planet's average surface temperature has risen about 2.0 degrees Fahrenheit (1.1 degrees Celsius) since the late 19th century, a change driven largely by increased carbon dioxide and other human-made emissions into the atmosphere.5 Most of the warming occurred in the past 35 years, with 16 of the 17 warmest years on record occurring since 2001. Not only was 2016 the warmest year on record, but eight of the 12 months that make up the year — from January through September, with the exception of June — were the warmest on record for those respective months.

The oceans have absorbed much of this increased heat, with the top 700 meters (about 2,300 feet) of ocean showing warming of 0.302 degrees Fahrenheit since 1969.

Since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, the acidity of surface ocean waters has increased by about 30 percent.11,12 This increase is the result of humans emitting more carbon dioxide into the atmosphere and hence more being absorbed into the oceans. The amount of carbon dioxide absorbed by the upper layer of the oceans is increasing by about 2 billion tons per year.

Hmmmm.... well that poll sure is a head scratcher. Because in the 2016 midterms every single candidate that ran on a Green platform got their clock cleaned DESPITE 85 million contributed by Tom Steyer. Too.... if 97% say it's an urgent problem then why have we seen zero Congressional legislation on climate change in over 10 years? Why is solar power still a fringe energy source after 20 years? Why has climate change never come up in any of the last four presidential election debates?

:iyfyus.jpg:

IDK.... in the real world that poll doesn't seem to hold any water:bye1:

why have we seen zero Congressional legislation on climate change in over 10 years?

Why has climate change never come up in any of the last four presidential election debates?

Americans are ignorant and the people that run the show don't care about what happens to the world after they're dead. This is accepted science throughout Europe, Asia and most of the rest of the world. They'd laugh at us if it wasn't so profoundly disturbing.

Why is solar power still a fringe energy source after 20 years?

Solar gets cheaper and more efficient every year, but the reason it hasn't made even more progress than it has is people like you have no interest in funding the research that would expedite its growth.

why have we seen zero Congressional legislation on climate change in over 10 years?

Why has climate change never come up in any of the last four presidential election debates?

Americans are ignorant and the people that run the show don't care about what happens to the world after they're dead. This is accepted science throughout Europe, Asia and most of the rest of the world. They'd laugh at us if it wasn't so profoundly disturbing.

Why is solar power still a fringe energy source after 20 years?

Solar gets cheaper and more efficient every year, but the reason it hasn't made even more progress than it has is people like you have no interest in funding the research that would expedite its growth.

Whatever you say s0n...it is providing America with less than 2% of our electricity. Oh...and go check the Obama EIA report from a year ago....wind and solar COMBINED will provide us eith less than 10 % in 2040.

:oops8:

So progressives can go right on taking bows about all the consensus science.... all the consensus science that's not mattering for dick in the real world. Have to get current on the news s0n.... the Paris Treaty is as dead as a doornail..... and every poll from Gallup, Pew and Rasmussen displays two issues at the bottom of voters concerns in presidential elections: climate change and gun control. I will post the polls upon request:hello77:

That's not factually correct. The reality is there are very few scientists who support the now failed theory of AGW. That's why they have to trot out "consensus" to try and prop up their lies.

97%

Consensus on consensus: a synthesis of consensus estimates on human-caused global warming - IOPscience

The consensus that humans are causing recent global warming is shared by 90%–100% of publishing climate scientists according to six independent studies by co-authors of this paper. Those results are consistent with the 97% consensus reported by Cook et al (Environ. Res. Lett. 8 024024) based on 11 944 abstracts of research papers, of which 4014 took a position on the cause of recent global warming. A survey of authors of those papers (N = 2412 papers) also supported a 97% consensus. Tol (2016 Environ. Res. Lett. 11 048001) comes to a different conclusion using results from surveys of non-experts such as economic geologists and a self-selected group of those who reject the consensus. We demonstrate that this outcome is not unexpected because the level of consensus correlates with expertise in climate science. At one point, Tol also reduces the apparent consensus by assuming that abstracts that do not explicitly state the cause of global warming ('no position') represent non-endorsement, an approach that if applied elsewhere would reject consensus on well-established theories such as plate tectonics. We examine the available studies and conclude that the finding of 97% consensus in published climate research is robust and consistent with other surveys of climate scientists and peer-reviewed studies.
Yep...

Just like John Cook who used fake names and credentials to prop up his work. You cite many of the same names he used to prop up this fakery....

You folks just wont learn..

Last edited:

IF that were true, there would be millions of investors clamoring to invest in solar energy research.

Germany Votes To Abandon Most Green Energy Subsidies
ANDREW FOLLETT
Energy and Science Reporter

5:08 PM 07/10/2016

Germany’s legislature voted Friday to sharply cut back on subsidies and other financial incentives supporting green energy due to the strain wind and solar power placed on the country’s electricity grid.

Germany’s government plans to replace most of the subsidies for local green energy with a system of competitive auctions where the cheapest electricity wins. The average German pays 39 cents per kilowatt-hour for electricity due to intense fiscal support for green energy. The average American only spends 10.4 cents per kilowatt-hour.

Germany Votes To Abandon Most Green Energy Subsidies

Further, the first electric car was invented in the mid-19th century. It held the land speed record until around 1900. Since it has been around for over 100 years, why has it not yet been made feasible?

Last edited:

Here it is,

Global Temp REALITY.JPG

Its evens less than half of the predictions.

Forum List

Back