Again...Nazis were NOT pro-Christian. Read a freaking book.

this debate will never end. -------no group did IT ALL----- Germany was well prepared to commit genocide by
the teachings of both the catholic church and Martin Luther-------genocide does not require a MAJORITY
of population-----it requires enough of the leadership and
enough of passivity of the population and only a very little
participation of the general populace----just enough. I am confident that MOST GERMANS would not have WANTED to participate----most did not want to know---
some resisted but not enough. John XXIII was the first pope to decide ---"enough is enough" Pope Pius was not up to his job-----he should have lain his own body in the way of the transport trains-----he was a coward-----so they made him a SAINT. If he had done the RIGHT thing----he would have ended up in
heaven----so what stopped him?

My concern with the Germans is they did not exhibit any of the virtues of the Christianity they professed. While they may not have directly bought into genocide, they had no problem contributing to it

The German culture turned on the Jews, bought in to them being sub human and not worthy of being more than a slave labor force

In the same vein, I blame Christians in America for their treatment of blacks. Don't they read the Bible they hold so dear?

I am not sure that so many Germans were such ardent christians It does seem true that some ardent
Christians were also ardent Nazis ( Josef and
Magda Goebbels-----managed to combine Catholicism
with Nazism)------but probably not lots. ------
Christians.

this debate will never end. -------no group did IT ALL----- Germany was well prepared to commit genocide by
the teachings of both the catholic church and Martin Luther-------genocide does not require a MAJORITY
participation of the general populace----just enough. I am confident that MOST GERMANS would not have WANTED to participate----most did not want to know---
some resisted but not enough. John XXIII was the first pope to decide ---"enough is enough" Pope Pius was not up to his job-----he should have lain his own body in the way of the transport trains-----he was a coward-----so they made him a SAINT. If he had done the RIGHT thing----he would have ended up in

My concern with the Germans is they did not exhibit any of the virtues of the Christianity they professed. While they may not have directly bought into genocide, they had no problem contributing to it

The German culture turned on the Jews, bought in to them being sub human and not worthy of being more than a slave labor force

In the same vein, I blame Christians in America for their treatment of blacks. Don't they read the Bible they hold so dear?

rosie ---most are not really blameworthy-----most people are passive

To the contrary......It seems they were quite active in accepting and participating

... Hitler was a faithful Catholic serving the Pope and Vatican in all he did - the truth is Catholicism is not a Christian faith - it is the antithesis of Christianity. The anti - Christ Roman Vatican was behind both WWI and WWII and you can be sure they are even now behind the plannings of WWIII which we are now headed for.

What's the name of your church?

Last edited:

To the contrary......It seems they were quite active in accepting and participating

a minority-----just cheering adolf----is not really
PARTICIPATION

... Hitler was a faithful Catholic serving the Pope and Vatican in all he did - the truth is Catholicism is not a Christian faith - it is the antithesis of Christianity. The anti - Christ Roman Vatican was behind both WWI and WWII and you can be sure they are even now behind the plannings of WWIII which we are now headed for.

What's the name of your church?

I doubt that adolf was much of a catholic-----but a very interesting factoid is that he SO MUCH ADMIRED
the ardent catholic wife of Josef Goebbels----Magda---
that he made her his OFFICIAL NAZI PARTY HOSTESS------something like a FIRST LADY position.
---magda----in church with her white veil-----he was nuts about her. Magda and her large gaggle of kids----(the toddlers she dosed with cyanide before
dosing herself in the Berlin Bunker) lived lots with
dear uncle ADOLF---very affectionately. There was
no actual official Nazi partyline AGAINST Christianity----or for that I know of---. Dear Uncle ADOLF's religion seems to have Nazism-----the problem he had with Christianity -----doctrinal ----a bit of a mild conflict that could be overcome

a minority-----just cheering adolf----is not really
PARTICIPATION

Christians in Germany did more than cheer at rallys. They actively turned on their Jewish neighbors, reported them to the Nazis, stole their businesses and looked the other way at atrocities being committed

Not very Christian

( Josef and
Magda Goebbels-----managed to combine Catholicism
with Nazism)------but probably not lots. ------
Christians.
Goebbels was a fanatical anti-Christian!

Quote: Though raised a Catholic, Goebbels was one of the most aggressive anti-Christian radicals in the Hitler regime and saw the conflict with the Churches as a priority concern. The Nazi regime intended to destroy Christianity in Germany, if it could. Though Hitler was often prepared to restrain his anticlericalism out of political considerations, his inflammatory comments to his colleagues gave underlings like Goebbels all the license needed to intensify their anti-Church Struggle. On 8 April 1941, Goebbels wrote that Hitler 'hates Christianity, because it has crippled all that is noble in humanity." He wrote on 29 December 1939, that Hitler viewed Christianity as a "symptom of decay" and added his own opinion: "Rightly so. It is a branch of the Jewish race. This can be seen in the similarity of their religious rites. Both (Judaism and Christianity) have no point of contact to the animal element, and thus, in the end they will be destroyed".

Clergy, nuns and lay leaders were targeted, leading to thousands of arrests over the ensuing years, often on trumped up charges of currency smuggling or "immorality". Goebbels led the Nazi persecution of the clergy. In 1933, the Nazis established a Reich Chamber of Authorship and Reich Press Chamber under the Reich Cultural Chamber of the Ministry for Propaganda. Dissident writers were terrorised. The flourishing Christian press of Germany faced censorship and closure. Finally in March 1941, Goebbels banned all Church press, on the pretext of a "paper shortage".

LINK

... "The Red Cross and the Vatican both helped thousands of Nazi war criminals and collaborators to escape after the second world war, according to a book that pulls together evidence from unpublished documents.

The Red Cross has previously acknowledged that its efforts to help refugees were used by Nazis because administrators were overwhelmed, but the research suggests the numbers were much higher than thought.

The documents – which are discussed in Steinacher's book Nazis on the Run: How Hitler's henchmen fled justice – offer a significant insight into Vatican thinking, particularly, because its own archives beyond 1939 are still closed. The Vatican has consistently refused to comment.

Steinacher believes the Vatican's help was based on a hoped-for revival of European Christianity and dread of the Soviet Union. But through the Vatican Refugee Commission, war criminals were knowingly provided with false identities."
Red Cross and Vatican helped thousands of Nazis to escape World news The Guardian

Oops.

Easy to understand what really had happened: Millions of Germans were displaced persons after world war 2. Lots of cities were bombed down. No one had any idea what to do with all this people. Lots of People lost everything and no one had a home for them. In this situation the Caritas and the Red Cross had to register people and this registration was often combined with new passports. If someone said "I'm Joe Smith" and others said "That's true - he is Joe Smith" then this man was Joe Smith. Caritas and Red Cross were not policemen who had any possibility to control this. But everyone needed a passport - otherwise he had no chance.

Last edited:
... My concern with the Germans is they did not exhibit any of the virtues of the Christianity they professed. While they may not have directly bought into genocide, they had no problem contributing to it

The German culture turned on the Jews, bought in to them being sub human and not worthy of being more than a slave labor force ...

You know less than nothing very loud. Heinrich Himmler massmurdered german Jews because he was convinced only two superior races are able to rule the world: Germans xor Jews. The Nazis were ... more than mad ... supermad ... completly insane.

Last edited:
... My concern with the Germans is they did not exhibit any of the virtues of the Christianity they professed. While they may not have directly bought into genocide, they had no problem contributing to it

The German culture turned on the Jews, bought in to them being sub human and not worthy of being more than a slave labor force ...

You know nothing very loud. Heinrich Himmler massmurdered Jews because he was s convinced only two superior races are able to rule the world: Germans and Jews.

Does nothing to absolve the German Christians who helped him

[QUOTE="Thunderbird,

Clergy, nuns and lay leaders were targeted, leading to thousands of arrests over the ensuing The flourishing Christian press of Germany faced censorship and closure. Finally in March 1941, Goebbels banned all Church press, on the pretext of a "paper shortage".

LINK[/QUOTE]

try reading your link again, bird-brain. It is all conjecture-----fact is that as adults both magda and
josef were ardent catholics-------and never renounced
their Catholicism -----nor were they excommunicated.
As big shots in the NAZI party and personal friends of
Adolf------even the US catholic priest leader did not
renounce them-------ALL THRU THE WAR and beyond'

censorship of the church news is the best you can do---and also prosecution of clerics who defied the Nazis------ You got wholesale destruction of churches and death marches for priests and nuns?

... Does nothing to absolve the German Christians who helped him

Who are you? A Nazi? You have less than no knowledge what you are speaking about - but you are convinced you are right.

Rewriting history does not help your case

The culpability of the German people is well established

So you are thinking I murdered the jewish members of my family because I'm a german catholic? What's your next step of impertinence?

Last edited:

Who are you? A Nazi? You have less than no knowledge what you are speaking about - but you are convinced you are right.

MOST persons who supported ADOLF HITLER and the NAZI party-----in the 1930s were Christians-----lots of ardent Christians----church going types. ALL of the leaders and officials were Christians. Hitler's youth consisted OVERWHELMINGLY of Christians.
Not tell us again that there was a plan to commit
genocide on CHRISTIANS

Rewriting history does not help your case

The culpability of the German people is well established

So you are thinking I murdered the jewish members of my family because I'm a german catholic? What's your next step of impertinence?

Do tell us about the Jewish members of your family and what your catholic members did to protect them in the 1930s

To deny the influence of Christianity on Hitler and its role in World War II, means that you must ignore history and forever bar yourself from understanding the source of German anti-Semitism and how the WWII atrocities occurred.

By using historical evidence of Hitler's and his henchmen's own words

Hitler s Christianity

The level of delusion is amazing. You wouldn't think history could repeat itself..but it can.

Adolf Hitler, in a speech delivered April 12, 1922, and published in his My New Order:

My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter.

In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison.

Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross.

Forum List

Back