After Election, Trump’s Professed Love for Leaks Quickly Faded

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Hypocrite much herr orange tweetenfuhrer

As a candidate for president, Donald J. Trump embraced the hackers who had leaked Hillary Clinton’s emails to the press, declaring at a rally in Pennsylvania, “I love WikiLeaks!”

To the cheering throngs that night, Mr. Trump marveled that “nothing is secret today when you talk about the internet.” The leakers, he said, had performed a public service by revealing what he called a scandal with no rival in United States history.

Now, after less than four weeks in the Oval Office, President Trump has changed his mind.

At a news conference on Wednesday and in a series of Twitter postings earlier in the day, Mr. Trump angrily accused intelligence agencies of illegally leaking information about Michael T. Flynn, his former national security adviser, who resigned after reports that he had lied about conversations with the Russian ambassador.

“It’s a criminal action, criminal act,” Mr. Trump fumed at the White House. In a Twitter message, he asserted that “the real scandal here is that classified information is illegally given out by ‘intelligence’ like candy. Very un-American!”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/us/politics/leaks-donald-trump.html

What I really find interesting is that Trump and his supporters are screaming bloody murder about the leaker, but saying nothing about the reason the leak happened.

They want to kill the messenger and ignore the message.

There's nothing to say about the phone calls because nothing illegal happened. Ya'll are stuck in a media circle jerk.

It'd be hilarious if I didn't realize that the media is going to get you sheep killed. They're going to keep pushing you fruit loops to the point of violence and ultimately you'll meet the end of a gun barrel. I'm appalled that they're treating you poor things as shields for their imaginary civil war.

Forum List

Back