Afghanistan before the US-backed mujahideen took over in the 90's.

so? it was still a mistake. -----mujahideen is the 1980s name
for Taliban. Taliban is PAKISTANIS-------a kind of paramilitary jihadi
group hell-bent on creating an Islamic state out of Afghanistan. The
situation attracted such luminaries as---Osama bin Laden. Infighting is life
in Pakistan
Is that why we armed them with NUCLEAR weapons ?

That's right. Thanks to the sheer brilliance of US foreign policy, Pakistan, India, Israel and probably Saudi Arabia all have nuclear weapons, and don't try to say it's not a big deal or else why are we so worried about NK and Iran ?

9/11 wasn't our wake up call. Should have been, but it wasn't.

Last edited:
Our Republicans hero Reagan not only destroyed the economy but created our enemy.
( I'll bet they blame Carter, Clinton and Obama )

Operation Cyclone - Wikipedia
Operation Cyclone was the code name for theUnited States Central Intelligence Agency(CIA) program to arm and finance themujahideen, in Afghanistan from 1979 to ........
Reagan was not president in 1979? Of course, if blame must be placed it is placed on those who began the conflict. 1979 makes that person Carter.

Carter also got our Ambassador murdered in Afghanistan. Your idea of "what a great place", is not based on any sort of reality.

The Assassination of Ambassador Spike Dubs - Kabul, 1979 - Association for Diplomatic Studies and Training

On February 14, 1979, Dubs was kidnapped by armed militants posing as police. The kidnappers demanded the release of the imprisoned leader of their party. Hafizullah Amin’s government refused to negotiate with the militants. Dubs was then assassinated
Carter couldn't stir his oatmeal without permission, and he hated the CIA.
Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) program to arm and finance the mujahideen, in Afghanistan from 1979 to 1989.
Yes, I responded to that. 1979 was all Carter.

Carter really screwed up a lot in 4 years.

so? it was still a mistake. -----mujahideen is the 1980s name
for Taliban. Taliban is PAKISTANIS-------a kind of paramilitary jihadi
group hell-bent on creating an Islamic state out of Afghanistan. The
situation attracted such luminaries as---Osama bin Laden. Infighting is life
in Pakistan
Is that why we armed them with NUCLEAR weapons ?

That's right. Thanks to the sheer brilliance of US foreign policy, Pakistan, India, Israel and probably Saudi Arabia all have nuclear weapons, and don't try to say it's not a big deal or else why are we so worried about NK and Iran ?

9/11 wasn't our wake up call. Should have been, but it wasn't.

we did not arm India and Pakistan and Israel with nuclear weapons----they developed them. If Saudi Arabia wants them, they can get them. Its not
a big deal. Iran having Nuclear weapons is a big deal because Iran is
very imperialistic. ----- I did not refer to the 9-11-01 atrocity as a "wake up
call" I had awakened long before that------circa 1970 when I was invited
to attend a mosque and came into contact with lots of muslims from muslim
countries
themselves. Afghanistan does not have nuclear weapons

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-the-US-allow-Pakistan-to-have-a-nuclear-warhead-but-not-Iran

The Cold War was just starting when both countries got independent in 1947 and as expected the various power that be at that point in time tried to recruit the new nations to their camp with aid, weapons, political support and more.

India which had just shed off the Imperial yoke and was following a policy of Non-Alignment refused to pick a side and sign all the defense pacts. This made the US/UK/NATO to talk with Pakistan who immediately signed up and committed itself to the cause. In return, they got aid ranging from development aid to military hardware like modern Patton tanks.

This compliance of Pakistan, it's strategic location, good relationship with Islamic countries in the Oil producing middle east, it's working relationship with then isolated PRC and not to mention - it's then tiger economy made it a very valuable ally to the US/UK. That is why they chose Pakistan fully and supported them on all fronts including the political front and helped them grow.

Last edited:
we did not arm India and Pakistan and Israel with nuclear weapons----they developed them. If Saudi Arabia wants them, they can get them. Its not
a big deal. Iran having Nuclear weapons is a big deal because Iran is
very imperialistic. ----- I did not refer to the 9-11-01 atrocity as a "wake up
call" I had awakened long before that------circa 1970 when I was invited
to attend a mosque and came into contact with lots of muslims from muslim
countries
themselves. Afghanistan does not have nuclear weapons
I was listening to 'the torture guy's story about capturing Abu Zubaydah in Pakistan....pretty crazy stuff.

Last edited:
I'm intrigued that Angelo has read all those eastern and western histories and know all about how wrong the West's are. He's a real Skolur, that guy.

I'm intrigued that Angelo has read all those eastern and western histories and know all about how wrong the West's are. He's a real Skolur, that guy.

it was all the rage in the 60s and 70s------all the problems of the world are
the result of "western" imperialism. (and colonialism) It was so popular a notion that people got FASCINATED with the orient-------even I was doing Indian food and reading the kama sudtra-----and then the HOLY AFRICA movement started going full steam

Carter really screwed up a lot in 4 years.
Excuse me ? Carter took over following 15 years of the Vietnam War, arguably one of our greatest screw-ups.
That would be the Democrat war? Against communism?

What happened to President Nixon and President Ford?

My god, you are so fucking stupid, the only thing anybody should post in reply to you, is, "wow, you really are stupid"

That would be the Democrat war? Against communism?

What happened to President Nixon and President Ford?

My god, you are so fucking stupid, the only thing anybody should post in reply to you, is, "wow, you really are stupid"

Resorting to syi's.
I do bring out the best and worst in people .:71:

I understand some people see reality through little tiny windows of consciousness - I personally think it's becoming a genetic sort of collective permanent autistic state.

Last edited:
Well, first off, we were not the only ones backing the mujahideen. Other Arab nations, especially Saudi Arabia, were providing huge amounts of aid to them. So was Pakistan.
So why were we there ? What if the USSR had decided to help Mexico win a war in Texas ?
Because on the map that would be a pretty accurate comparison.

If the Soviets had remained in control of Afghanistan, what would have happened after the Soviet Union collapsed? Do you think things would have been markedly different if the Soviets had controlled Afghanistan until the Soviet Union collapsed?
You can toss around all the hypothetical what-ifs imaginable but they won't change
the fact that Osama bin Laden was right about America's wars bankrupting us. Since the "War On Terror" began,
the United States National Debt has grown by $18 Trillion .

the USA is not bankrupted-----however you have touched on the methods
of Islamic terrorism. --------it all boils down to economic siege. The
War On Terrorism is resistance to Islamic economic siege. "what would
have happened if the SOVIETS had held on to Afghanistan until it collapsed"--
is an interesting question but does not alter the fact that BACK THEN in the
1980s, Washington sought to avoid that situation by facilitating the
TALIBAN ----------it was a mistake-----SO?
So think about it. We were duped into a BS Cold War just like we are again now at a time
when the Russians were our allies against Hitler, they could be our allies against Islamic extremists . And the Chinese.
The Soviets were NEVER our allies against Hitler. Name one thing the Soviets provided to the Western Allies. They provided no bases, they provided no raw materials, they refused to allow Western Allied aircraft, sea or land forces to be based in the Soviet Union or it's occupied territories and they reneged on all of their post war promises. The Soviets were co-belligerents who took massive bribes from the UK and USA not to make a separate peace with Nazi Germany and refused to declare war against Japan until the Western Allies (mostly the USA and Australia) had already won the war. The Soviets fought their own war against Germany (which they had no choice about) since Germany wasn't going to allow anything but a neutered Vichy-like Soviet Union to survive as a economic and military vassal state.

Well, first off, we were not the only ones backing the mujahideen. Other Arab nations, especially Saudi Arabia, were providing huge amounts of aid to them. So was Pakistan.
So why were we there ? What if the USSR had decided to help Mexico win a war in Texas ?

If the Soviets had remained in control of Afghanistan, what would have happened after the Soviet Union collapsed? Do you think things would have been markedly different if the Soviets had controlled Afghanistan until the Soviet Union collapsed?
You can toss around all the hypothetical what-ifs imaginable but they won't change
the fact that Osama bin Laden was right about America's wars bankrupting us. Since the "War On Terror" began,

So think about it. We were duped into a BS Cold War just like we are again now at a time
when the Russians were our allies against Hitler, they could be our allies against Islamic extremists . And the Chinese.
The Soviets were NEVER our allies against Hitler. Name one thing the Soviets provided to the Western Allies. They provided no bases, they provided no raw materials, they refused to allow Western Allied aircraft, sea or land forces to be based in the Soviet Union or it's occupied territories and they reneged on all of their post war promises. The Soviets were co-belligerents who took massive bribes from the UK and USA not to make a separate peace with Nazi Germany and refused to declare war against Japan until the Western Allies (mostly the USA and Australia) had already won the war. The Soviets fought their own war against Germany (which they had no choice about) since Germany wasn't going to allow anything but a neutered Vichy-like Soviet Union to survive as a economic and military vassal state.

all true----but the POINT seems to be just how
much russian resistance against islamic supremacism can help the civilized world

If you say so.
Allies or not, they provided a crucial distraction which helped us defeat Hitler.

And later......Some of us were working to put our differences behind us for the good of the whole planet....I forgot what happened there.......
1603227633577.png

1603227997922.png

Last edited:
US policy in the middle east has been a disaster for decades. Doesnt matter who sits in the WH the policy has always been a shit show.

US policy in the middle east has been a disaster for decades. Doesnt matter who sits in the WH the policy has always been a shit show.

Or, alternatively, the Middle East is a shitshow, because of the people that live there, and the US policy has never been able to fix their region for them.

Which, is to be expected. We are not Gods, or the World's Parents.

Forum List

Back