Affirmative Action Needs to Be Banned (all 50 states)

Women who wanted better paying jobs were told they would be taking a job away from a man who needed it to support a family
Blacks would be taking jobs away from a white man......you think you are better than me?

white women don't need AA

they are not the one's bitchng and screaming about it
Thats because they get more AA than everyone else. We know they dont need it as long as they are married to white men. If they are its just icing on the cake..

if you were so fucking superior, you would not need AA
Freudian slip? Why do you think Blacks are superior? If whites didnt think they were inferior why did they need 400 years of AA? Also why do they whine about Blacks getting partial AA?

Thats because they get more AA than everyone else. We know they dont need it as long as they are married to white men. If they are its just icing on the cake..

Freudian slip? Why do you think Blacks are superior? If whites didnt think they were inferior why did they need 400 years of AA? Also why do they whine about Blacks getting partial AA?

yep, that's what everyone thinks :blsmile:

You said we were superior. I didnt say that. I'm not asking everyone. I'm asking you. Why do you feel Blacks are superior?

You said we were superior. I didnt say that. I'm not asking everyone. I'm asking you. Why do you feel Blacks are superior?

blacks are superior because they need affirmative action

Using your logic whites are more superior since they needed 400 years of AA?

Using your logic whites are more superior since they needed 400 years of AA?

sure

:afro:

A very untrue and naive comment - they may not "bitch" about it, but all of us are hurt/angered by unfair treatment. Empathy is just a word to some, those who are too self absorbed to have compassion, aka, the Callous Conservative.

A very untrue and naive comment - they may not "bitch" about it, but all of us are hurt/angered by unfair treatment. Empathy is just a word to some, those who are too self absorbed to have compassion, aka, the Callous Conservative.

Good point, and it is common for underachievers who have no legitimate excuses like the one you were responding to to just be bitter over their own station in life.

Last edited:
I don't deny that it happened and that it was wrong. What I said is that trying to make up for it using the same factor that was used is denying it is also wrong.

Your logic is just wrong because what you're doing is using the "Intolerance" argument that goes

"Its intolerant to be intolerant or intolerance"

No helping the people who were adversely affected by a policy is not a bad thing. Its an apology or sorts.

A weak one at that since AA isnt only for Blacks.

AA often IS only for Blacks. I, and 16 other non-Blacks were denied assistantships in our graduate school. 8 assistantships were granted. ALL to the only 8 Blacks who applied. And among those who were denied, were women, Hispanics, and Asians.

How long ago was that? At the inception of the initiative, some blacks(not all) were the beneficiaries of AA, simply because those are the blacks who grew up in an era of legalized discrimination.
It was 1977, so the people there, were mostly about 21 years old, so they would have been 8 years old when the 1964 Civil Rights Acts were passed and AA began (too young to have been victim of race discrimination. Well within the age to be race discrimination (AA) beneficiaries.

What about people at that time who were in their 30's and 40's and in their prime earning years and were passed over or denied opportunity because they did not "look like" the person doing the hiring?

A 21 year old in 1977 still had enough time to reinvent themselves and go on to be successful in spite of being passed over "because of AA."

I don't see how AA could have ruined your life as you say unless you just didn't have the right skill set to better yourself and move on

On a daily basis in this forum, people repeat over and over how great a country America is and how anyone can make it if they apply themselves, and I happen to agree with that fact.

If one door closes, one can wait for another to open, or they can open it themselves.
That scenario might be OK for someone who is a singer, or just took a 3 month course in a trade school. In this case, we're talking about 4 years of college + another year of graduate school. Something tells me that you would not be so inclined to dump away 5 years of hard work and study, just as simple as that.

Secondly, even if one could just drop 5 years of college like t was nothing, WHY should they ? So somebody else could jump in line in front of them ? The only reason I could possibly see that, is if the line jumpers were very poor, but these weren't. They were driving new cars

This is HYPOCRISY at its height. Blacks in 2015, do not need "compassion". They are no worse off than anyone else. That is a symptom of the 1950s. For the past 51 years, It has been Whites who needed the compassion, due to all the discrimination (affirmative action) against them by Callous Liberals.

Good point, and it is common for underachievers who have no legitimate excuses like the one you were responding to to just be bitter over their own station in life.
Then don't be so "bitter" that you have to resort to racial discrimination, as in AA.

The main reason women and blacks were blocked form holding positions of responsibility was not their qualifications but because white males did not want to take orders from a black or woman supervisor
I have had many different jobs during my 50 years in the work force. Most of my supervisors were women. They have another advantage to getting supervisory jobs besides AA. It's called sex.

then it should be discontinued
We need 350 more years. Fair is fair.
YOU don't need even ONE more year.. How many years did YOU live under Jim Crow laws ? Whites need 51 more years. That's how long we've been living under Affirmative Action racism.
Thats what you get. You should have told your previous generations not to be lazy.. We need a turn at 400 years of privilege. I say do away with partial AA for Black people and give them full fledged AA like white males had for 400 years.
That's because you are a despicable piece of racist garbage, and YOU KNOW IT.
I think you are just mad because you cant get a job. Educate yourself and then use those self lifting bootstraps everyone is blessed with. If you were not down there fighting with the low hanging fruit you would have a job by now.
HA HA. You are so far of the mark, it's hilarious.

1. I've been RETIRED for 6 years now. I wouldn't take a job now if they offered me the US presidency.

2. Educate myself ? What good is that ? I did that through 5 years of college, and lost it all because of affirmative action. (and it was within the "education" that the AA discrimination occurred) Education doesn't help when you are routinely discriminated against.

Affirmative action has to do with far more than just top level jobs. :rolleyes-41:
It sure does
It is about providing opportunity
For blacks, while DENYING opportunities to others (AKA malicious, despicable, racist discrimination)
Actually, it opened up the field for everyone
So that's the line they've been feeding you at MSNBC, npr, media matters, and other liberal idiocy media ? AMAZING how anybody could repeat something as preposterous as that, even for one second.
geez.gif

I didn't need MSNBC, it didn't exist at the time. I saw women and blacks in the 60s and early 70s and the jobs they aspired to. Women, no matter how intelligent, would go to be secretaries, nursing or teachers. If they weren't college material, they could be beauticians or maybe be a teller in a bank or supermarket. Waitress was a good option
Blacks might get a job at menial labor. After all, that is what they are best suited for. The really smart blacks may be able to go to a black college where they could graduate and find jobs where they could provide services to black clientele. White firms didn't want to hire them. After all, blacks lacked the "essentials" to be trusted with real responsibility
White males had leadership and skilled positions reserved for them

I can see why you were so upset when affirmative action came along
Yeah. Because all the things you said happened to Blacks & women, have been happening to White males over the past 51 years. The more you talk about how bad it was many decades ago, the more you confirm how bad it is for White males, since 1964.

What needs to happen now is for all these White males to get paid reparations$$$$$$ to compensate for all the lost wages and reduced Social Security that they now suffer. I wouldn't want to see this come from the govt though. That would be penalizing the victims all over again. The reparations should come from the screwball, racist liberals who have supported and pushed, and enacted these atrocious AA programs

Forum List

Back