Advil launches campaign to achieve pain equity and end systemic pain racism

Proper English is the structure, syntax, and pronunciation considered standard (most often in an academic sense) in the English speaking environment in which one acquired English as an L1 or an L2. This might be a good place to discuss descriptive vs prescriptive grammar and CALP vs BICS, but all that is very likely very far beyond Goat Boy's ability to comprehend.

Proper English is the structure, syntax, and pronunciation considered standard (most often in an academic sense) in the English speaking environment in which one acquired English as an L1 or an L2. This might be a good place to discuss descriptive vs prescriptive grammar and CALP vs BICS, but all that is very likely very far beyond Goat Boy's ability to comprehend.
So proper English is just standard English, like i said from the very beginning.....

Now just because some people get together, choose a dialect and say this is going to be the standard, does that make it the objectively proper or subjectively standard?

Work on those reading skills.
I read just fine. You admitted to the subjective nature of proper/standard English when you wrote considered to be. Objective things exist outside of perspective. Subjective things are based in perspective.

Doesn't seem that way.
It seems like you really aren't interested in making your argument, which is fine by me. You don't have much of one to make. Things that are entirely made up, like language, can't be argued to have any objectively true form because at its foundation it is imaginary.

I've already explained it to you. Your limitations are your own.
You explained it by unwittingly revealing its subjective nature when you said proper English is structure, syntax and pronunciation considered to be the standard by.... and who cares because that's you giving the game away.

I even typed it back to you. Let me know when you find an objectively proper version of English and not just ones considered standard. :itsok: :laugh:
I've already explained it to you. Are you drunk? Or are you really this desperate to find excuses for your inability to use proper English?

Forum List

Back