Advil launches campaign to achieve pain equity and end systemic pain racism

I don't have chronic pain but I do have black healthcare providers in my family that confirm these biases. I don't have any first hand experience with this because my entire life my doctors have been my family members but it is quite common for black people to seek out black healthcare providers because they don't believe their concerns are heard, especially black women. I also know there's a great disparity in mortality rates for pregnant black women compared to pregnant white women (which is an area of particular concern for my wife who's involved in public health and a couple of my cousins and an uncle who do neo- natal, pediatric surgery) but that isn't all attributable to racism or bias of physicians though that does play a role but so do health disparities from socioeconomic status and access to care.
Ok that's interesting. So with regard to the ADVIL commercial, it sounds to me that the assertion is doctors are not believing Black patients that their "pain is real". Does this mean they aren't prescribing pain meds for them? I find that hard to believe since the medical industry is all about pushing pills.

Ok that's interesting. So with regard to the ADVIL commercial, it sounds to me that the assertion is doctors are not believing Black patients that their "pain is real". Does this mean they aren't prescribing pain meds for them? I find that hard to believe since the medical industry is all about pushing pills.
Ok but did you do anything to first qualify your incredulity? Why is that my job? What does what you find hard to believe have to do with anything when we're trying to have a rational discussion?

Though since you don't seem to be interested in doing the work it could be a combination of factors like maybe more black patients come in without insurance or under Medicaid that doesn't get reimbursed as well and maybe they have a bias about disparities in pain tolerance of their black and white patients as the research linked to suggests.

Ah, you forgot another comma.

Hahahahahahahaha! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You see Unkotare anywhere here? Its because even though that clown teaches immigrants to speak standardized english, he knows he stepped in it when he suggested standardized english was the same as proper english. My victory is displayed by his continued absence. :itsok: There there.

You know.... unless you want to try your hand at arguing what objective proper English is.... :dunno::laugh:

Last edited:
Ok but did you do anything to first qualify your incredulity? Why is that my job? What does what you find hard to believe have to do with anything when we're trying to have a rational discussion?

Though since you don't seem to be interested in doing the work it could be a combination of factors like maybe more black patients come in without insurance or under Medicaid that doesn't get reimbursed as well and maybe they have a bias about disparities in pain tolerance of their black and white patients as the research linked to suggests.
You seem to just be interested in fighting with White people. I stated very clearly that the medical industry is all about pushing pills. It is counter-intuitive that they would decide not to make money off of Black people.

You seem to just be interested in fighting with White people. I stated very clearly that the medical industry is all about pushing pills. It is counter-intuitive that they would decide not to make money off of Black people.
I had no idea what color you are nor do I believe did I hazard a guess. I do know claiming something supported by research is counter intuitive without anything other than your say so isn't much to fight over. Point and laugh at maybe. :dunno:

Its because

LOL! You've also been defeated by apostrophes, I see. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This isn't a fair fight. You're an uneducated rat, and I'm not. I'm not going to mock your illiteracy anymore, I'll stick to humiliating you over your social, political, and economic ignorance, your blatant racism, and your slave mentality. Cool?

LOL! You've also been defeated by apostrophes, I see. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This isn't a fair fight. You're an uneducated rat, and I'm not. I'm not going to mock your illiteracy anymore, I'll stick to humiliating you over your social, political, and economic ignorance, your blatant racism, and your slave mentality. Cool?
Youre crying over my apostrophes and you think youre the victorious? :dunno: :laugh:

I had no idea what color you are nor do I believe did I hazard a guess. I do know claiming something supported by research is counter intuitive without anything other than your say so isn't much to fight over. Point and laugh at maybe. :dunno:
How about discussing instead of an emotional reaction? The medical industry is all about making money, not keeping people healthy. That isn't my opinion, it is obvious fact.

How about discussing instead of an emotional reaction?
Discussing what? Your unsubstantiated claim? Again, who's supposed to do that work, me? :dunno: :laugh:
The medical industry is all about making money, not keeping people healthy. That isn't my opinion, it is obvious fact.
Uh huh....

Do we really need to have a discussion on the difference between opinion and facts? :dunno:

Last edited:
Discussing what? Your unsubstantiated claim? Again, who's supposed to do that work, me? :dunno: :laugh:

Uh huh....

Do we really need to have a discussion on the difference between opinion and facts? :dunno:
So it's my "opinion" that the medical industry is geared to pushing pills but it's "fact" if Black people assert that they are being discriminated against if they aren't getting the pills they deserve. Got it. :113:

So it's my "opinion" that the medical industry is geared to pushing pills but it's "fact" if Black people assert that they are being discriminated against if they aren't getting the pills they deserve. Got it. :113:
Yep. :itsok: Try not to act so fragile about it.

It's just one of the many areas in which you'll never succeed. You're a punchline.
Uh-huh... in your own cosplaying mind, Marvin. Though I do disagree with him at the end. I say shout your ignorance from the rooftops proudly Marvin. I'm trying to help you be a less ashamed you. A better you. :laugh:

The myth of "proper English" | TheArticle

The moral panic about grammar pursued by the supposed upholders of educational standards is an ugly phenomenon. Worse still, it’s ill-informed, intellectually incurious and wilfully ignorant. Let’s please give it a rest.

Uh-huh... in your own cosplaying mind, Marvin. Though I do disagree with him at the end. I say shout your ignorance from the rooftops proudly Marvin. I'm trying to help you be a less ashamed you. A better you. :laugh:

The myth of "proper English" | TheArticle

The moral panic about grammar pursued by the supposed upholders of educational standards is an ugly phenomenon. Worse still, it’s ill-informed, intellectually incurious and wilfully ignorant. Let’s please give it a rest.

You missed a couple of commas, again. You're not going to win this battle, dummy. Intellectually, you're unarmed. :laugh:

Forum List

Back