Ad Astra.

Mindful

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2014
Here, there, and everywhere.
Watched this last night.

One of the best.

A6745174-6DD5-4786-B832-901F13B15612.jpeg

Very good movie. Very underrated. I like recommending this movie to my friends and colleagues who are enamored with the possibility of life on other planets, or aliens, or UFO's.
It's a downer for them. :)
Why is it a downer for them?

• Banned
Very good movie. Very underrated. I like recommending this movie to my friends and colleagues who are enamored with the possibility of life on other planets, or aliens, or UFO's.
It's a downer for them. :)

I was never keen on Brad Pitt, but l greatly admired his low key character in the movie.

Also, Tommy Lee Jones was so good at portraying a tortured tormented soul. A face ravaged by suffering and disillusionment.

Special effects, so well done.

It was a good movie & probably likely to be accurate if we ever reached that point without destroying ourselves first.

I know it's very popular in "science" circles to believe there's no way the universe could be barren of life but, given the exact & excruciating parameters it would take for life to form spontaneously no matter how many potential goldilocks planets exist, the facts, probabilities & odds say otherwise.

It was a good movie & probably likely to be accurate if we ever reached that point without destroying ourselves first.

I know it's very popular in "science" circles to believe there's no way the universe could be barren of life but, given the exact & excruciating parameters it would take for life to form spontaneously no matter how many potential goldilocks planets exist, the facts, probabilities & odds say otherwise.
No way. That’s a very chauvinistic viewpoint.

Do you know how many planets exist in the universe? To think we’re the only one, is akin to thinking the sun revolves around the earth.

No way. That’s a very chauvinistic viewpoint.

Do you know how many planets exist in the universe? To think we’re the only one, is akin to thinking the sun revolves around the earth.
It's that concentric ideology that believing in a God that created yous put the object of creation at the center of the universe.

I didn't take anything out of the movie except man's search for life on other worlds to give his existence justification, meaning, and hope. And having that hope be dashed when it's found out that we truly ARE alone in the universe.

I didn't take anything out of the movie except man's search for life on other worlds to give his existence justification, meaning, and hope. And having that hope be dashed when it's found out that we truly ARE alone in the universe.

Yes there was that. And it drove Tommy Lee Jones’ character mad.

But l didn’t go into the movie expecting anything. I was pleasantly surprised by the special effects, the cinematography, and the portrayal of the main characters by Pitt and Jones.

Forum List

Back