Actual Conservatism vs republicanism

Most of us know there's a difference in the two. It's rare to see an actual conservative in DC. But just to get more clarification, what do you think the differences are between being an actual conservative and just being a republican.
When I became a republican, I thought they were one in the same. Today, if you pay any attention to the left or the left media, you never hear them differentiate the two. So I can see why a lot on the left still consider them being the same. But those of us who lean right, know there's a difference. Some of us see a huge difference. Some only see minor differences.

So many this is a chance to really clarify the two.

What say you?
I am a libertarian/conservative

If you want to fuck a man's ass go for it, keep it behind closed doors and if you get aids and die, i wont give a shit.
If you try to rob me or do me bodily harm, i will with the force blow your ass away, as actions have consequences.
Low taxes , very small government, keep your fucking hands off me. Really quite simple.

oh one more thing, if roads and bridges, pipes , telephone wires, schools, police and firefighters, are all funded by taxpayers, why arent the poor paying for those services, they should pay their fair share...
So you are happy for everyone to live in worse conditions and society to be weaker as long as you don't pay more than you think.

This is the problem with the libertarian position...
Firefighters used to be private, but they found out they just held businesses to ransom while the building burnt.
You disinvest in the police and have private security. This is what happens in third world where you live in armed guard security compounds.

Your answer is why don't the poor pay? Truth is the rich pay less in US than in any other major first world country... They get to make money because there is infrastructure, security and all those services that make the business environment actually friendly. They don't like paying for it but they like the benefits, we all like the beer but dislike the tab..

Society works best when the balance between the two sides can be maintained... At the moment Germany seems to have a better balance than the US...

Most of us know there's a difference in the two. It's rare to see an actual conservative in DC. But just to get more clarification, what do you think the differences are between being an actual conservative and just being a republican.
When I became a republican, I thought they were one in the same. Today, if you pay any attention to the left or the left media, you never hear them differentiate the two. So I can see why a lot on the left still consider them being the same. But those of us who lean right, know there's a difference. Some of us see a huge difference. Some only see minor differences.

What say you?
Large confluence but there are some differences; some factional stuff, some differences of opinion.

Greg

What say you?

There is no difference between and actual conservative and a conservative.
The use of the word actual is a sentence filler and doesn't differentiate the two.
It should be used when something that is subject to reality is in question.
Other than that, it means nothing.

What say you?

The use of the word actual is a sentence filler and doesn't differentiate the two.
I think most republican voters are fairly conservative. We know the GOP is not, but we are fighting for any scraps of this philosophy we can get. I agree with those who say conservatism is dead in Washington, but I do not understand why progressives cheer at that. Conservatism is nothing more than common sense, don't spend what you don't have, and work your butt off because effort is the key to a better life. Cheering the death of conservatism in politics is actually pretty scary.

There are those who call themselves conservatives, who aren't. The left wing media calls every republican a conservative.
An actual Conservative means just that.

Firefighters used to be private, but they found out they just held businesses to ransom while the building burnt.

Can you link to one incident where that actually occurred? Because I've heard the libertarian opposers say this a couple of times, but never actually seen it anywhere.
Me thinks it's just fear mongering from the right and left to give people a reason to not support the LP.

Try to overlook the sarcasm in this video. There's a reason for it that comes together in the end.

There are those who call themselves conservatives, who aren't. The left wing media calls every republican a conservative.
An actual Conservative means just that.

Well, unless they are siding with the libs vs the Republican Agenda, then they get to be "moderate" or even "mavericks".

At least as long as they are useful.

Well, unless they are siding with the libs vs the Republican Agenda, then they get to be "moderate" or even "mavericks".

At least as long as they are useful.

In reality, the whole L vs R or moderate thing is flawed. Here's the real deal.

But the media controls the hearts and minds of most politically motivated people (armchair politicians), so there's no changing it. Does being a moderate mean you stand for more liberties? Maybe. Maybe not. It's all so skewed by so many factions of the two parties. Liberal v progressive v Republicans v conservatives.

Raise the minimum wage until even the Poor pay their fair capital share of the tax burden.

Increase the overhead of the companies that hire people, so the government can collect more money? Two wrong things here.
1. Forcing companies to pay out more money.
2. The government collecting more tax revenue.

The culprit in this is the over inflated USD. Not wages, not the revenue the government takes in. Increasing the minimum wage is just slapping a bandaid on an severed artery.

Only assholes want to continue the war on people who do drugs that you don't do.
I'm an asshole because I don't want these sort of people around? Then I'm an asshole.
Druggies tend to create a lot of innocent victims. They rob, steal, beat, abuse, molest, rape and murder to get their drugs.
Those that do it in the privacy of their own homes, can keep a job and family provided for, I could care less if they do drugs or not. BUT those that plague our streets and commit crimes against innocent people, I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.
The same can be said of people who drink alcohol or who like rap music. When are you going to wage war on them? You lie when you said you don't care if people do drugs. If that were true, then you would be against the drug war. Like all drug warriors, you are a liar.

The issues you list are a result of the war on drugs, not the drugs themselves.

Drug warriors are the world's biggest hypocrites.

That's funny, because those who get off drugs, tend to stop committing crimes and stop creating victims. They have to get their money from somewhere, so they tend to go to work for their money.
Like guns, you can't blame the drug itself. No one is forced to take meth, heroin or fentanyl. (or the thousands of other stupid drugs). But those who do those drugs, tend to not have any personal responsibility. And therefore not care about the freedoms and liberties of others around them. In fact, they create more victims than all the bad cops in this country put together.

The fact is, if you build 1,000 apartment complex's to house all these homeless druggies, give them drug rehab, within 6 months, the apartment complex's would be run down, spray painted, holes in the walls. There would be beatings, killings & rape cases. The place would be a shithole within a year.
Why? Because that's just how druggies are.
You can't kill'm because they're already dead.

What say you?

If you want to fuck a man's ass go for it, keep it behind closed doors and if you get aids and die, i wont give a shit.
If you try to rob me or do me bodily harm, i will with the force blow your ass away, as actions have consequences.
Low taxes , very small government, keep your fucking hands off me. Really quite simple.

oh one more thing, if roads and bridges, pipes , telephone wires, schools, police and firefighters, are all funded by taxpayers, why arent the poor paying for those services, they should pay their fair share...
So you are happy for everyone to live in worse conditions and society to be weaker as long as you don't pay more than you think.

You disinvest in the police and have private security. This is what happens in third world where you live in armed guard security compounds.

That's a huge load of horseshit. Is a gas station "holding you for ransom" if it refuses to give you gas without paying? If the fire service didn't demand payment, then no one would ever pay. Of course, no bank would give you a mortgage without requiring you to have fire service.

I've been to third world countries, and they have government run police agencies. They are totally corrupt, of course, which is the reason they also have to pay for private security.

You're an idiot who obviously just makes stuff up.

Your answer is why don't the poor pay? Truth is the rich pay less in US than in any other major first world country... They get to make money because there is infrastructure, security and all those services that make the business environment actually friendly. They don't like paying for it but they like the benefits, we all like the beer but dislike the tab..

Society works best when the balance between the two sides can be maintained... At the moment Germany seems to have a better balance than the US...
Corporations generally build their own infrastructure and hire their own security. Government doesn't do shit, and it certainly doesn't do anything worth the taxes they pay. What you call a "balance" is a fucking ripoff.

Last edited:
Only assholes want to continue the war on people who do drugs that you don't do.
I'm an asshole because I don't want these sort of people around? Then I'm an asshole.
Druggies tend to create a lot of innocent victims. They rob, steal, beat, abuse, molest, rape and murder to get their drugs.
Those that do it in the privacy of their own homes, can keep a job and family provided for, I could care less if they do drugs or not. BUT those that plague our streets and commit crimes against innocent people, I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.
The same can be said of people who drink alcohol or who like rap music. When are you going to wage war on them? You lie when you said you don't care if people do drugs. If that were true, then you would be against the drug war. Like all drug warriors, you are a liar.

The issues you list are a result of the war on drugs, not the drugs themselves.

Drug warriors are the world's biggest hypocrites.

That's funny, because those who get off drugs, tend to stop committing crimes and stop creating victims. They have to get their money from somewhere, so they tend to go to work for their money.
Like guns, you can't blame the drug itself. No one is forced to take meth, heroin or fentanyl. (or the thousands of other stupid drugs). But those who do those drugs, tend to not have any personal responsibility. And therefore not care about the freedoms and liberties of others around them. In fact, they create more victims than all the bad cops in this country put together.
Then why are you blaming the drugs?
The fact is, if you build 1,000 apartment complex's to house all these homeless druggies, give them drug rehab, within 6 months, the apartment complex's would be run down, spray painted, holes in the walls. There would be beatings, killings & rape cases. The place would be a shithole within a year.
Why? Because that's just how druggies are.
You can't kill'm because they're already dead.

So what's your point?

Then why are you blaming the drugs?
Are you a druggy? Why shouldn't I blame the drugs? It's the common denominator in a HUGE amount of crimes and criminals (that create victims). Prosecute the druggies and blame the drugs as much as I blame the druggy. The same as I'd blame a mass shooter.
A mass shooting wasn't committed by the gun. But with the gun. It's where the bullets came from.
As with drugs, it's responsible for the state of mind the druggy was in when he/she committed the crime. Take away the drug, and the crime probably wouldn't have happened.
It's pretty simple stuff.
Again, are you a druggy? If not, why are you so hell bent on taking up for them? They're just druggies. Like George Floyd. Worthless POS's who plague our cities and create victims. They're not worth taking up for.

Raise the minimum wage until even the Poor pay their fair capital share of the tax burden.

Increase the overhead of the companies that hire people, so the government can collect more money? Two wrong things here.
1. Forcing companies to pay out more money.
2. The government collecting more tax revenue.

The culprit in this is the over inflated USD. Not wages, not the revenue the government takes in. Increasing the minimum wage is just slapping a bandaid on an severed artery.
Labor has to be able to afford our first world economy regardless unless growing inequality is all the right-wing offers.

What say you?

Seems that the poor, who pays nothing for the infrastructure, security and all those services just mooch off those who are paying the most into the government.

1623183980437.png

What say you?

Seems that the poor, who pays nothing for the infrastructure, security and all those services just mooch off those who are paying the most into the government.

View attachment 498822
Raise the minimum wage until the Poor pay their share of the tax burden.

"Fair share" is a bumper sticker slogan that works because most people don't have a clue as to the exact amount of fair.

There's nothing "fair" about taxes to start with. The government taking part of your money because you buy something. How's that fucking fair?

"Fair share" is a bumper sticker slogan that works because most people don't have a clue as to the exact amount of fair.

There's nothing "fair" about taxes to start with. The government taking part of your money because you buy something. How's that fucking fair?
A few simple Commandments from God not the Expense of secular and temporal Government on Earth!

Forum List

Back