Actor Alec Baldwin fired prop gun on set of ‘Rust’ that killed cinematographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
With today's UHD movies and programs all props need to look as real as possible.

And considering the age of the producers...the props people are likely young and not very experienced in their craft. Prop people manufacture their own props. Meaning that the bullets in the gun but without gunpowder were likely thought not to be able to fire.... surprise surprise surprise when the primer fires the gun well enough.
And Alec didn't hit another actor....he hit producers... meaning that he was doing things correctly. It's just a shitty accident.
??? this is for a Jury to decide.

Not what i did, as anyone can see for them selves. And you know it. You know i was referring to your off celebrity fetish. See how you have to lie to make any point? That should tell you something.
This may have been brought up. But why do the Prog people involved in this film work the staff like slaves and pay them low wages? Perhaps another do as I say and not as I do moment.

Until it is deemed a crime that is what it is. How do you not know this by now???
really i don’t recall that sort of thinking during the russian hoax…o r the quest for trump’s taxes

what this is, is a homicide. that much we know, and that baldwin pulled the trigger while aiming the weapon at the victim…seems at least PC for manslaughter…but that white privilege strikes again

really i don’t recall that sort of thinking during the russian hoax…o r the quest for trump’s taxes

what this is, is a homicide. that much we know, and that baldwin pulled the trigger while aiming the weapon at the victim…seems at least PC for manslaughter…but that white privilege strikes again
If you don't recall that thinking you're either a liar or fucking stupid.

If you want to deface your morality to match that of the trash left be my guest

Who issues these instructions and who enforces them?

For that matter...who measures?

Every prop master I have known, and that's a lot, gives that instruction EVERY time they hand a weapon over to the actor.

Even if it's not a live gun. Gun handling is always kep consistent.

Baldwin has been told this many times throughout his career.

This tragedy need not have happened. Simple basic rules were broken, and a woman died because of it.

Every prop master I have known, and that's a lot, gives that instruction EVERY time they hand a weapon over to the actor.

Even if it's not a live gun. Gun handling is always kep consistent.

Baldwin has been told this many times throughout his career.

This tragedy need not have happened. Simple basic rules were broken, and a woman died because of it.
the only question is if anyone was criminally negligent or not

It's not an accident. It was certainly unintentional, but the proximal cause was negligence on the part of baldwin.
Ultimately though, Baldwin is not going to be held responsible. He had a reasonable expectation of the people working on set, just as he has for decades and for the 1000s of other times he has discharged prop weapons on set. But we will almost certainly see some changes in the way that they do things.

Ultimately though, Baldwin is not going to be held responsible. He had a reasonable expectation of the people working on set, just as he has for decades and for the 1000s of other times he has discharged prop weapons on set. But we will almost certainly see some changes in the way that they do things.

baldwin has been told by numerous propmasters throughout his long career that you don't point weapons at people. He may avoid criminal charges, that is true, he has his progressive privilege so they will protect him as best they can, but had it been a normal person we would be charged with criminally negligent homicide at the least.

He will however get the living hell sued out of him for wrongful death, and I hope they bankrupt the prick.

He may avoid criminal charges, that is true, he has his progressive privilege so they will protect him as best they can
Please try to have ONE discussion without tainting it with your paranoid, silly political fetishes. Try to regain your brain and intelligence that we all know is in there somewhere.

"but had it been a normal person we would be charged with criminally negligent homicide at the least."

See, that's exactly the thing I am saying is wrong. No, I don't think a stuntman would be charged.

Please try to have ONE discussion without tainting it with your paranoid, silly political fetishes. Try to regain your brain and intelligence that we all know is in there somewhere.

"but had it been a normal person we would be charged with criminally negligent homicide at the least."

See, that's exactly the thing I am saying is wrong. No, I don't think a stuntman would be charged.

Yeah, they would. Propmasters go through a great deal of trouble to instruct actors to NEVER point even a blank loaded weapon at ANYONE. They are still lethal at point blank range, and if the blank fire device fails, that then becomes a lethal projectile. So ANYTIME a weapon is fired on a set, and I have many friends who are propmasters, so have been on set when they do their work, it is KNOWN that you don't point it at anyone. The camera can't tell that you are pointing it to the side of your "target".

But the target sure can.

ue jan like don’t hire alec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back