Actor Alec Baldwin fired prop gun on set of ‘Rust’ that killed cinematographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know blanks and I know bullets.
Okay.
The report said that a bullet passed through the chick and hit the guy.

The warrant also said that a single bullet struck Hutchins in the chest, and then struck director Joel Souza in the shoulder as he was standing behind her, injuring him, suggesting the bullet traveled all the way through Hutchins' body.
The full facts aren't known at this time, and may never be, so this is conjecture.

This is why conservatives have no idea about justice. Not an inkling.
Of course. Elites should be able to accidentally kill whomever they want, whenever they want, even when someone that doesn't identify as a "conservative" points out the absurdity of it all.

:rolleyes:

Of course. Elites should be able to accidentally kill whomever they want, whenever they want, even when someone that doesn't identify as a "conservative" points out the absurdity of it all.

:rolleyes:
Kind of a silly tack you're taking, there. The same arguments could be made (as Dr Grump is making), if it was a stuntman holding the gun.

So you are suggesting he deliberately murdered his main cinematographer?
That is going to set the movie back months, or even end it entirely.
Why would anyone do that, with witnesses?
I'm not suggesting anything other than the facts.

Baldwin shot and killed another person, who was not even an actor in the movie.

An investigation, a deep and thorough one should proceed, and he should be held accountable for his actions.

Big Labor operatives ordered their members off the set shortly before the supposed "accident".

Maybe it was a setup, a way to create a situation where the union could raise awareness of a lack of safety on the set?

Big Labor operatives ordered their members off the set shortly before the supposed "accident".

Maybe it was a setup, a way to create a situation where the union could raise awareness of a lack of safety on the set?
The thought that Baldwin was set up by a rabid alt-righty gun nut had crossed my mind.

. . . but then, why is he shooting at non-actors?

:dunno:

Some are modified to fire blanks, especially automatics that may need the gasses supressed to cycle eject and load at lower gas pressure or recoil strength, but all are still dangerous. They have killed actors from time to time. First I remember was Pete Duel, starring on the set of Alias Smith and Jones, all the way back in 1971, clowning around pointing his prop .46 six-shooter at his own head and the blank killed him.
The very first rule of "safe gun handling" my Dad taught me was to check the weapong to see if it was loaded. I tell the two year old I am around to never point his "Nerf Gun at people. Kids CAN be taught but a responsible adult has to teach them Alec Baldwin is guilty of NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE IMHO. But He will never be charged.

I haven't defended anyone. Don't be such a drama queen.
Telling me that a person should be held accountable for killing another person is a "silly tack," is cognitive denial of the empirical facts of the case.

Most unintentional killings are not murder but involuntary manslaughter. The absence of the element of intent is the key distinguishing factor between voluntary and involuntary manslaughter. In most states involuntary manslaughter results from an improper use of reasonable care or skill while performing a legal act, or while committing an act that is unlawful but not felonious.

I'm not judge and jury, but that was not a prop gun, that was a real gun.
There is no meaningful distinction.

If it is fashioned like a gun & fires projectiles, it's a gun.

And if something is being used as a prop, it is a prop.

This includes guns of many types.
They should stop calling it a prop gun because that's misleading.
Please see above.

There is no meaningful distinction.

If it is fashioned like a gun & fires projectiles, it's a gun.

And if something is being used as a prop, it is a prop.

This includes guns of many types.

Please see above.

Ok look....so we can all have prop guns from now on? and kill people?

we kill people but we only kill with a prop gun....so we didn't kill really?

is only a prop gun so if we killed you doesn't count.

is that what you are saying?

wow!

Ok look....so we can all have prop guns from now on? and kill people?

we kill people but we only kill with a prop gun....so we didn't kill really?

is only a prop gun so if we killed you doesn't count.

is that what you are saying?

wow!
No; you're not understanding.

Any gun can be a prop gun.

A water pistol or an actual service revolver.

It is a prop if it is designated as such.

It may or may not have serious lethal potential, including the water pistol being a choking hazard.

Do you understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back