Active shooter reported at Texas elementary school

What are you jibbering about? We got plenty of laws and passing more wont do jack. Arm some staff, let them shoot back and see how fast it stops!

1653755076464.png

Unlikely. A target pistol wouldn't have the same killing power or rate of fire... but you keep deflecting, man. Never, ever reflect on our gun culture, just blame EVERYONE else.
How long did it take your handler's to give you that come back ?? ROTFLMBO

The plain truth is that if that door was locked and secured then nobody in the school woulda been killed. If you're going to allow teachers and student to use that door over the lunch hour then you have to post a guard to make sure it is locked and secured in the event of a shooter.

Unlikely. A target pistol wouldn't have the same killing power or rate of fire... but you keep deflecting, man. Never, ever reflect on our gun culture, just blame EVERYONE else.

Versus blame everything on the gun culture and ignore everything else.

Look, you can howl all day long about the gun culture but that ain't going to change shit. The half of the country that owns guns are not going to give them up, ever. If you don't like it, tough shit. Maybe instead of all the sanctimonious bitching about guns you should focused on everything else.

No, I wouldn't.

We could do what the Europeans do. Make it very difficult to get a gun, have actual poverty relief programs, government sponsored mental health programs.
Oh so go global is what you are suggesting when you speak about "doing what other nation's do" ?? Well what we built here worked for many years, and no we aren't perfect, but neither were they.

It's time to recognized where it has went wrong looking back on better time's, and then bringing it slowly forward from that point.... Then let's study where it is now going wrong, otherwise study honestly where we went wrong after we had it so good during those good times that included all Americans looking back.

The seventies seemed to bring about the closest the people had ever been in this country, otherwise where all people were doing great regardless of race or other. Then something went terribly wrong from that point forward. Culture clash began to build immensely, and then government got involved where as it was being pulled into a position taken against another position by political forces. The rest is history..

What are you jibbering about? We got plenty of laws and passing more wont do jack. Arm some staff, let them shoot back and see how fast it stops!
We can’t even get the police to take out a shooter before he slaughters everyone. I fail to see how effective it would be to arm teachers. But go ahead. I’m for it. I just don’t see it doing much good if any.

Let me know when Republicans pass legislation that would address this issue.
Never. Can't be addressed, because we're in a run-up to war, with more violence more often till civil war breaks out, IMO. When the mob in Paris was hanging bakers from streetlamps, there wasn't really a way back from that. I don't think we have a way back either; we'll have to go through to the other side, like Dante and Virgil.

Never. Can't be addressed, because we're in a run-up to war, with more violence more often till civil war breaks out, IMO. When the mob in Paris was hanging bakers from streetlamps, there wasn't really a way back from that. I don't think we have a way back either; we'll have to go through to the other side, like Dante and Virgil.
We’re not headed for war. But that’s a nice excuse for doing nothing.

The plain truth is that if that door was locked and secured then nobody in the school woulda been killed. If you're going to allow teachers and student to use that door over the lunch hour then you have to post a guard to make sure it is locked and secured in the event of a shooter.
Oh, I don't know --- he probably would just have walked in the front door. He was determined, he'd told that girl he was going to shoot up a school and having shot his grandma, this was his one chance ----- and security was nonexistent.

I can understand a person thinking that fresh air being allowed to circulate from a propped open doorway (especially when still dealing with COVID), in the hallway of the school would be an innocent act not ever thinking that the worst scenario imaginable might result from it, so as long as the propped open door didn't have any bad intentions behind it, then it's time to move on before attempting to lay the poor person upon the sacrificial alter of the debate about a killer going to a school to commit the worst act imaginable.

The problem in this country is we have too many doors.

Oh, I don't know --- he probably would just have walked in the front door. He was determined, he'd told that girl he was going to shoot up a school and having shot his grandma, this was his one chance ----- and security was nonexistent.

Well, he entered the open back door, so if that door was closed and locked then he would've had to make his way to the front of the school. One hopes by that time the school would've been in lockdown and the front door closed and locked. I don't know what the caliber of his guns were or how strong that front door was, maybe he could've shot his way in and maybe not. And maybe the cops would've shot him by then.

Or maybe he could've shot his way in through that back door. I tend to doubt that, again once he fires at any door then he's an open target for the cops to put him down.

I'm just not sure we can assume the security at the school was non-existent, certainly a propped open door basically relegates any security system to be useless. Except - why weren't the classrooms locked down by the time he got into the building? Lotsa questions here.

Well, he entered the open back door, so if that door was closed and locked then he would've had to make his way to the front of the school. One hopes by that time the school would've been in lockdown and the front door closed and locked. I don't know what the caliber of his guns were or how strong that front door was, maybe he could've shot his way in and maybe not. And maybe the cops would've shot him by then.

Or maybe he could've shot his way in through that back door. I tend to doubt that, again once he fires at any door then he's an open target for the cops to put him down.

I'm just not sure we can assume the security at the school was non-existent, certainly a propped open door basically relegates any security system to be useless. Except - why weren't the classrooms locked down by the time he got into the building? Lotsa questions here.
Yeah, I'll tell you, task0778, it looks to me as if they basically had no security or even a PA system to call for room lockdowns. What strikes me most is, why didn't school personnel react by locking doors and stuff when there were all those noises of the truck crashing, and many shots fired at the funeral home and so on? Darn, might have been a few clues missed in that 12 minutes he took to finally get inside.

I too have a lot of questions and some are so OBVIOUS, like did they announce a lockdown, did that classroom have windows, why couldn't they just break the door down, where oh where was the school personnel with the keys?

Forum List

Back