Abraham Lincoln on the History Channel

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Has a anyone watched this? I have to hand it to the History Channel, rarely am I impressed with anything I see on cable television these days, but I was damn impressed with this three part miniseries. I found it very well done, very well acted, and the characters powerfully portrayed.

I haven't been able to see Lincoln yet but I did watch Washington and Grant. Both IMO were excellent. I most certainly wish there was more programs like these.

I haven't been able to see Lincoln yet but I did watch Washington and Grant. Both IMO were excellent. I most certainly wish there was more programs like these.
I was impressed with both Washington and Grant, and enjoyed those immensely. Perhaps it is because I'm familiar with Lincoln, visited his home, been to his museum, and have long been an admirer of his amazing leadership (a true leader can make those with different opinions work together, and Lincoln excelled at this) but I think I like this series the best of the three. Highly recommend it.

Also, they have another on Memorial Day weekend about Teddy Roosevelt coming up.

I was impressed with both Washington and Grant, and enjoyed those immensely. Perhaps it is because I'm familiar with Lincoln, visited his home, been to his museum, and have long been an admirer of his amazing leadership (a true leader can make those with different opinions work together, and Lincoln excelled at this) but I think I like this series the best of the three. Highly recommend it.

I most certainly will watch it. They did a great job IMO in making these historical figures more real. I've watched past biographies but none as real and as good as these.

Forum List

Back