About USMB and it’s status as a “conservative(?) Board” etc.

Having been a mod, supermod and finally an admin of a large forum - modding is hard. It really is.
And even harder on this board. Why? Because the rules are murky and the focus of site owners is ad revenue. Priority 1 - 9.8... the .2 left is quality of posting. That is very obvious.
And like other boards, there are good mods and bad mods. And here it seems the bad mods are left with the good mods powerless to really do anything about them because the site admins are absent. They don't post here. They don't care to post here.
The great thing about USMB is it's volume. Not too much like Reddit where your post disappears in 2.2 seconds... and not so little that it takes hours for anyone to post something new.
The bad thing about USMB is there is no real forum where adult conversation, for those who want to have one, is not run over by 10 morons and trolls throwing rocks at everyone.
There are some good posters here on both sides. But we are really-really outnumbered by trolls and morons - who unfortunately people keep responding to.
A very well thought-out and articulate post.

And your point about “adult conversation” sounds an awful lot like the comments I have gotten from a couple of the mods, here. By contrast, I think that’s precisely where the over-moderation takes place. Allow me to use me as an example.

If there is a fairly genuine conversation going on and I make some point which offends some rando, I might be hit with some plodding ad hominem. If I respond in a similar fashion, it might be said that I’ve gone off topic. (Likely true). And it might be said that I’m engaged in trolling or flaming. (Not really true, but whatever).

In my experience, if that side-conversation goes on too long, mods jump in. Apparently this means “points.” And that can lead to a (ahem) “vacation.” 😮

My belief is contrary. I maintain that most of us see such shit happen all the damn time. Most of us just scroll right past it. I’m not convinced moderation is needed. And even if is, I say bannings are silly.

Yeah, so fucking Hi-Larious that Con this board openly talk about Insurrection and Sedition. Love to talk killing members of Congress they don't like. Using the worst kind racist/bigoted/homophobic and islamophobic lanuage.

Now Cons will always bloviate and bull shit about how they are disrespected, it is not that I disrespect Cons on this forum....I do. I find them to the bottom feeders, the haters, people who believe their race/religion make them special. It does not.

The are beneath contempt and the fact the so-called mods of forum do little or nothing to stop is not at all surprising.

Condoning/Ecouraging/Supporting Insurrection is something they have no problem with. As far as they are concerned, Bigoted/Homophobic/Islamophobic/Racist Language is all kinds of fine, well, right and good.

Yeah, so fucking Hi-Larious that Con this board openly talk about Insurrection and Sedition. Love to talk killing members of Congress they don't like. Using the worst kind racist/bigoted/homophobic and islamophobic lanuage.

Now Cons will always bloviate and bull shit about how they are disrespected, it is not that I disrespect Cons on this forum....I do. I find them to the bottom feeders, the haters, people who believe their race/religion make them special. It does not.

The are beneath contempt and the fact the so-called mods of forum do little or nothing to stop is not at all surprising.

Condoning/Ecouraging/Supporting Insurrection is something they have no problem with. As far as they are concerned, Bigoted/Homophobic/Islamophobic/Racist Language is all kinds of fine, well, right and good.
aww another sweet good hearted liberal

I read recently (during a rather recent one week vacation) that some folks consider USMB to be both very poorly moderated AND a conservative board.

I have to say, I think they’re wrong.

I consider this board a particularly safe haven for liberal nonsense. Sure, it’s not like the insane Democrap Underground or the daily kos (whateverthefuck that might mean). Libs do get pushback here. Maybe that’s why they don’t like it and consider it a “conservative” board. They prefer group-think style orthodoxy. Silly libs.

And the moderation here ain’t too bad, despite my oft expressed concerns about certain stupid very very stupid rules like “Zone 1” protection for racist threads. Oh, and this penchant mods have for “cleaning up” threads. 🙄

I’m not going to use this forum to start a poll. Just wondering. Who actually believes that this Board is overly represented by conservatives? I see many. But I see oceans of liberals too.
It's 75% magaturds in here. The belly of the beast. It's great! :113:

Keep lying commie

It's roughly 70% to 75% Trumpster. We've run many polls of various kinds and those numbers always fall into place.

As a result, it's an absolutely perfect place to observe, probe and analyze the thought processes, perceptions, information sources, opinions and tactics of the alternate universe. One-stop shopping, as disturbing as it can sometimes get. I've learned, confirmed and come to understand quite a bit here, far more than I would have otherwise.

It is what it is. And the moderation seems fair, all things considered. Meh. No big changes needed. Beer and peanuts would be nice.
Exactly.

It's 75% magaturds in here. The belly of the beast. It's great! :113:
I doubt it’s even fifty percent Republican or Trump supporters or conservative. (And, of course, there is overlap.)

My guesstimate is that it is over 60% liberal or progressive or whatever label they choose to use. Let’s just lump them all together as “libtards.”

The reason libtards think this Board is overly conservative is because the libtards aren’t allowed to just silence their opponents, here. 😎

See? I told ya. There are things about this place I like. 👍

Well, there you have it.

All the vast majority of you authoritarian leftists here ever do is fling your disgruntled shit all over the place and wage your stupid little culture war.

The only likes you ever get is from other posters as miserably unhappy as you.
You gauge value in these conversation based upon likes? How superficial.

I doubt it’s even fifty percent Republican or Trump supporters or conservative. (And, of course, there is overlap.)

My guesstimate is that it is over 60% liberal or progressive or whatever label they choose to use. Let’s just lump them all together as “libtards.”

The reason libtards think this Board is overly conservative is because the libtards aren’t allowed to just silence their opponents, here. 😎

See? I told ya. There are things about this place I like. 👍
I disagree. And you assume way too much.

Well, there you have it.

All the vast majority of you authoritarian leftists here ever do is fling your disgruntled shit all over the place and wage your stupid little culture war.

The only likes you ever get is from other posters as miserably unhappy as you.
It's interesting that you say that when it's MAGA-members here that have cried enough to get new TOS policies created about "too many" laugh or disagree emojis.

You actually care about that, don't you?
Let's see here, Sweetums - which of the two of us racks up the most posts showing how much she cares?

Hmmmm?

I swear that some of you must be paid by the post. If people look at the list of which people have actually made the greatest number of posts, the top ten list is dominated by you Stalinists.

Forum List

Back