About those EV's and the Environment

I hope they sell a shit load so that in 6 to 7 years we can hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth that follows. You should buy a true EV and get rid of that fossil fuel Prius masquerading as an EV. But you won't because you know better.
yeah, no so much.

How long does a electric vehicles battery last?

10-20 years

Thankfully, experts suggest that EV batteries will typically last anywhere from 10-20 years. That's significantly longer than most people own a vehicle and longer than your average gas-powered ICE (internal combustion) engine. More importantly, auto manufacturers guarantee it, too.Apr 19, 2022

yeah, no so much.

10-20 years

Thankfully, experts suggest that EV batteries will typically last anywhere from 10-20 years. That's significantly longer than most people own a vehicle and longer than your average gas-powered ICE (internal combustion) engine. More importantly, auto manufacturers guarantee it, too.Apr 19, 2022

Suggest........ask the woman who got screwed buying a 2014 clunker for 11K.

Oh no, one wasn't perfect....

The horrors...
The future.
Battery life is directly proportional to adhering, specifically, to manufacturer charging procedures. I guarantee you many will 'top off' their batteries to try and get around long charge times. Guarantee you. That directly affects battery life.

yeah, no so much.

10-20 years

Actually... it's more like 7 to 10 years. And do you know how much lithium it would take to build enough batteries to hold one day's use of gasoline and diesel? 18 billion kgs. Which at the current rate of mining would take 177 years to produce. So every 7 to 10 years they would have to produce 177 times more lithium than they mine in 1 year. Can't be done. It's simple math.

Actually... it's more like 7 to 10 years. And do you know how much lithium it would take to build enough batteries to hold one day's use of gasoline and diesel? 18 billion kgs. Which at the current rate of mining would take 177 years to produce. So every 7 to 10 years they would have to produce 177 times more lithium than they mine in 1 year. Can't be done. It's simple math.
Ding, you're not drinking the Biden koolaid with facts like that.

Electric cars are designed to prevent the freedom to travel.

Go to work, go home

Vacation? If the government allows a charging station where you are going. If you afford extra days off for charging.

Vacation only close to home.

If I can only vacation as far as my car will take me then it's probably best I'd stay close to home. :thup:

Everyone throw away your phones, laptops and tablets!! The sky is falling!!

Wow, climate denial in overdrive today?

So, back to my previous question. If I own an EV that is powered by renewable energy, how long is my payback over a ICE?

Taking in all emissions to produce and lifetime to operate.

So, back to my previous question. If I own an EV that is powered by renewable energy, how long is my payback over a ICE?

Until your battery replacement overrides your trade in value.

Climate denial? It's just math. See?

Your question is poorly worded. The answer is it depends. Why don't you show me your math?

Climate denial? It's just math. See?

Your question is poorly worded. The answer is it depends. Why don't you show me your math?
Analysis: When do electric vehicles become cleaner than gasoline cars?

Forum List

Back