Abortion Trade Off/Compromise

Giving partial personhood rights isn't an issue, it just has to be defined.
If it's not a uniform definition across the country it will never work

How far do you want to take this personhood for fetuses?

If a pregnant woman smokes do you charge her with child abuse?

If she engages in risky behaviors like sky diving or riding a motorcycle is she endangering a child?

What if she refuses to see a doctor while she's pregnant?

The pregnant woman who does not want to be pregnant is a life that’s alive and is human and protected by the Constitution of the United States of America.

However, whatever right she has to abort that 10 week pregnancy is not.

We have it on record that m14shootr does not consider a woman having an unwanted pregnancy is not protected by the constitution of the United States of America

BAKE THAT FUCKING CAKE PEASANT

Yup, if you offer to bake cakes, and take money for doing so, then you should do what you promised to do.

The bakers can always close up shop.

Putting the government inside of a woman's uterus is about as intrusive as you get.

Which proves my point, the point of Libertarianism is not "Freedom", it's protecting the privileges of the affluent.

Holy shit, something from six years ago?

No wonder everyone forgot it by now, we've had hundreds of mass shootings since then.

Just shows you don't need guns to mass murder, and if by some miracle you get guns to disappear cars can be just as deadly.

If it's not a uniform definition across the country it will never work

How far do you want to take this personhood for fetuses?

If a pregnant woman smokes do you charge her with child abuse?

If she engages in risky behaviors like sky diving or riding a motorcycle is she endangering a child?

What if she refuses to see a doctor while she's pregnant?

Wrong. We have differing definitions of multiple things across the States.

Leave it up to the States to figure it out.

Yup, if you offer to bake cakes, and take money for doing so, then you should do what you promised to do.

The bakers can always close up shop.

Putting the government inside of a woman's uterus is about as intrusive as you get.

Which proves my point, the point of Libertarianism is not "Freedom", it's protecting the privileges of the affluent.

That's not a real choice, and it's the sign of a police state.

libertarianism (small l) is about clear laws, less laws, and more local laws.

Wrong. We have differing definitions of multiple things across the States.

Leave it up to the States to figure it out.

Then we have the issue of people traveling though states with different definitions of personhood.

And we are right back where we started. So does a state that calls a fetus a person have the right to detain and arrest a pregnant woman from another state if by law she in endangering her fetus (child) in another state?

I'm pretty sure if a woman beat her born child in a state other than her home state that they would arrest her

Then we have the issue of people traveling though states with different definitions of personhood.

And we are right back where we started. So does a state that calls a fetus a person have the right to detain and arrest a pregnant woman from another state if by law she in endangering her fetus (child) in another state?

I'm pretty sure if a woman beat her born child in a state other than her home state that they would arrest her

I can't drink from an open container in the street in NY but I can in LA. I need to know the laws in the State I visit. Same thing even IN a State with right turns on red.

It could get tricky, but I don't see most of these States extend personhood to fetuses beyond "you can't abort them after week X/heartbeat unless your life is at risk"

I can't drink from an open container in the street in NY but I can in LA. I need to know the laws in the State I visit. Same thing even IN a State with right turns on red.

It could get tricky, but I don't see most of these States extend personhood to fetuses beyond "you can't abort them after week X/heartbeat unless your life is at risk"
So then it's not really personhood.

But then how will the state enforce those laws? Will they make women take regular pregnancy tests so they know when these new persons are conceived so they can be counted and protected?

And is it really a good analogy comparing whether or not a fetus is a person to open container laws? One is an issue of human rights the other is trivial.

So then it's not really personhood.

But then how will the state enforce those laws? Will they make women take regular pregnancy tests so they know when these new persons are conceived so they can be counted and protected?

Is there any serious bill out there asking for full personhood?

Serious bill, i.e. one that may actually pass.

Is there any serious bill out there asking for full personhood?

Serious bill, i.e. one that may actually pass.
Do you know every bill proposed in every state?

Do you deny that fetal personhood is part of the antiabortion agenda?

Are you incapable of talking of the concept of fetal personhood unless there is a law passed on it?

Do you know every bill proposed in every state?

Do you deny that fetal personhood is part of the antiabortion agenda?

Are you incapable of talking of the concept of fetal personhood unless there is a law passed on it?

Do you have an example that makes this more than a thought exercise?

I've Stated my position on it. Actually with Roe gone the chance of fetal personhood (complete personhood) laws passing is LESS because now States can legislate abortion restrictions as they see fit.

Do you have an example that makes this more than a thought exercise?

I've Stated my position on it. Actually with Roe gone the chance of fetal personhood (complete personhood) laws passing is LESS because now States can legislate abortion restrictions as they see fit.

Forum List

Back