Abortion Trade Off/Compromise

I believe that at some point the life inside the woman is just as important unless its existence threatens the life of the mother.
So do I. I’m at between 24 and 28 weeks when science tells me that a fetus has developed it’s own brain and that new begins making neurological connections required for human consciousness

You Mr. Martybgn are at sixteen weeks I assume based on polling or sonething,

So do I. I’m at between 24 and 28 weeks when science tells me that a fetus has developed it’s own brain and that new begins making neurological connections required for human consciousness

You Mr. Martybgn are at sixteen weeks I assume based on polling or sonething,

I would prefer 12, but 16 seems to be a bigger vote getter.

I've been thinking a lot over the last several months about the abortion topic and was wondering about a possible compromise. From what I understand, there can be a fairly safe pharmaceutically induced abortion up to about 12 weeks, which is around the time frame that most of Europe accepts abortions. Since miscarriages can happen during those first 12 weeks, not usually requiring a D&C, a pharmaceutically induced abortion wouldn't really be much different than a miscarriage which, unfortunately, happens 10%-20% of the time anyway. I would personally be very opposed to an abortive medical procedure that isn't pharmaceutical at any time unless the mother or the child are having life threatening complications. Rape and incest pregnancies would have to be aborted within that 12 week period. So, that leaves me asking the following main questions to both sides:

1. Directed at the left: If pharmaceutically induced abortions were a legal right during those first 12 weeks, would you accept the fact that after that 12 week period was over women DO NOT have the right to choose anymore and that after that 12 week period the only abortions that could be done are if the woman's life or her child were in danger?

2. Directed at the right: Assuming that my compromise would be enacted and made into law, would you then accept pharmaceutically induced abortions during those first 12 weeks, something that really isn't too much different than miscarriages?

abortion is murder regardless of age

The Right is fed up with compromising with Satan

12 weeks, 12 minutes or 12 seconds after the egg is implanted it's still killing a child.

Soon as the egg is fertilized and implants then it's a child because if you just leave it alone (barring any unforeseen circumstances) a baby will come out of the woman in 9 months.

Just because it's a very tiny blob doesn't mean it isn't a child. It's just the very beginning of a 17 to 19 year growing period to becoming an adult.

So if you abort a child even 1 day after the egg implants you're still ending the life of what will grow into a fetus that will be born and be a baby.

I don't say that out because of any religion or political stance, it's just a fact. Whether you abort it at 3 minutes or 3 months you're still ending a child's life and that's all there is to it. A baby is no less a baby at 3 days than it is at 3 months or 3 years, it's all just a process of growing more and more.

So if someone can rationalize killing a baby at 2 months then they should be able to rationalize killing one at 2 years because it's the same thing, murdering a child. But people seem to think just because it doesn't say googoo then it is somehow not a life.

AMEN

:WooHooSmileyWave-vi:

Sometimes things are just that simple.

Depriving women of liberty for terminating her ow 10 week pregnancy should not be based on something simple. So simple it cannot be argued not to be true. life is life: death is death up is up.

sanctity of Life begins at first breath in much of the Jewish community. That’s a very simple concept that basically complies with the United States Constitution.

Last edited:
Depriving women of liberty for terminating her ow 10 week pregnancy should not be based on something simple. So simple it cannot be argued not to be true. life is life: death is death up is up.

sanctity of Life begins in first breast in much of the Jewish community. That’s a very simple concept that basically complies with the United States Constitution.

Others beg to differ. 12-16 weeks is where I see it, others may see it differently.

At least with Roe gone we are having these conversations at the State level, where they should be.

sanctity of Life begins at first breath in much of the Jewish community. That’s a very simple concept that basically complies with the United States Constitution.

At least with Roe gone we are having these conversations at the State level, where they should be.

Why do you think states with majority white Christian anti-choice legislators should impose a sanctity of life beginning at conception on Jewish people?

Most of them give partial personhood rights, not full, so that wouldn't really be an issue.

If she's dumb enough to say it out loud, to a prosecutor or law enforcement type, then she should be arrested for idiocy.

I see you are tap dancing around the question.

You have just illustrated why giving rights of personhood to a fetus it too problematic to be feasible.

I agree - we should all try to properly mind our business and ban this human rights abuse nationwide at any age.
fetuses aren't human.

We don't count them on the Census.
We don't count them on tax rolls.
We don't release frozen embryos from cryostasis based on Habeus Corpus.

346844934_1286930822243992_1828184149261994740_n.jpg

abortion is murder regardless of age

The Right is fed up with compromising with Satan
No, you love Satan. You American "Christians" are the worse hypocrites of them all. You're not pro-life, you're pro-death. A bunch of mammon worshiping tools of your wealthy masters. You care for the life of a fetus, until it becomes a Black or Latino baby, then you walk away. If it's a white baby you also abandon it, because you're fake disciples of Jesus, who love mammon and lust after the pleasures and trinkets of this world. The salt and light of the earth has become a pile of poop. The church is impotent and carnal. Dead in sin, rather than being alive in Christ.

Forum List

Back