Abortion Legislation We Can Look Forward To If SCOTUS Favors Mississippi and Texas Laws

And science informs those decisions. If science shows us a guys brain is dead and isn't coming back, we may decide letting him die or even euthanizing him is not murder. A philosophical decision, informed by science.
If Trump shot and killed someone on Fifth Avenue, our moral code calls that murder, not science.

Ah, gotcha. The endaround. So she is fine, if she does it herself at home. Got it. Neanderthals.
It's like I keep telling occupied, we have always exempted the mother from prosecution. Even Texas has, and they have the most hardcore pro-life law.

It's like I keep telling @occupied, we have always exempted the mother from prosecution
Have we?

HB 481, signed into law in Georgia in 2019:

"A woman who miscarries because of her own conduct—say, using drugs while pregnant—would be liable for second-degree murder, punishable by 10 to 30 years’ imprisonment. Prosecutors may interrogate women who miscarry to determine whether they can be held responsible; if they find evidence of culpability, they may charge, detain, and try these women for the death of their fetuses."

More...

"Even before the law was passed, a prosecutor in Georgia charged one woman with murder after she improperly used an abortion pill in an attempt to end her pregnancy. "

So yeah... not sure what universe you are living in, but the "Abortion is murder" crowd does want it to be murder under the law.

It's like I keep telling occupied, we have always exempted the mother from prosecution. Even Texas has, and they have the most hardcore pro-life law.
And I keep telling you that the pro-life movement is not going away and they have plans for afterward even if you have not even considered it. It does not even matter if you currently agree with those plans or not.

I am a conservative with a libertarian streak.

There are pro-life and pro-choice members of the Libertarian Party.

In the 2020 election, I had to decide which party more closely aligns with my beliefs. The Libertarians come the closest. The GOP is extinct and is now a cult of personality, and the Dems are too heavily influenced by the far left.

Both Rand and Ron Paul are pro-life. I don't much like Rand, but I admire and respect Ron.
I remember Jerry Nadler walking past Ron Paul at a Fed Reserve meeting with a long range camera showing him mocking Paul and making faces behind him. The Fed Reserve is gaining more and more clout now as we go deeper into debt. And the owners of the Fed are globalists.

It is possible the Supreme Court will find a way to allow the Mississippi ban on abortion after 15 weeks to stand without completely overturning Roe V. Wade, but it would have to be some really twisted verbiage.

If Roe v. Wade is overturned, and the abortion issue is returned to the individual states to create their own abortion laws, there are several pieces of legislation we can expect to see around the country. I will phrase each one as a question that will be put to the people.

1. Exceptions for rape?

2. Exceptions for incest?

4. Exception for the health of the mother?

5. Partner must be notified of mother's desire for an abortion?

6. 24 hour waiting period?

7. Parental consent for a minor's abortion?

A majority of Americans are in favor of all of these exemptions and restrictions.

The biggest question will be how many weeks into pregnancy will abortion be banned. A super-majority of Americans are opposed to abortions after the first trimester.

Just some stuff to think about.

(edited to delete redundant question)
if there is an exception for "health of mother" we may as well do nothing

no more subjective words can be found and the lying, deceptive Left knows that... "health" can mean anythingg

• In Indiana, Purvi Patel was convicted of feticide in 2015 after she was accused of ending her pregnancy with abortion-inducing pills. The feticide law in her case had been previously used to prosecute attacks on pregnant people. She was sentenced to 20 years in prison, but the Indiana Court of Appeals overturned her feticide conviction in 2016. (Patel was resentenced for a child neglect charge but had served enough time to be immediately released.) Her case included legal counsel from National Advocates for Pregnant Women.

Have we?

"A woman who miscarries because of her own conduct—say, using drugs while pregnant—would be liable for second-degree murder, punishable by 10 to 30 years’ imprisonment. Prosecutors may interrogate women who miscarry to determine whether they can be held responsible; if they find evidence of culpability, they may charge, detain, and try these women for the death of their fetuses."

More...

"Even before the law was passed, a prosecutor in Georgia charged one woman with murder after she improperly used an abortion pill in an attempt to end her pregnancy. "

So yeah... not sure what universe you are living in, but the "Abortion is murder" crowd does want it to be murder under the law.
Here is that Georgia law: Georgia General Assembly

Can you tell me what section that part you quoted is in?

That law was thrown out as unconstitutional the next year, by the way.

Have we?

More...

Abortion activists claim the new Georgia law will allow women to be arrested and charged with murder for having an abortion. Others claim that a woman could be investigated for having a miscarriage. None of this is true.

[snip]

Under this law, no woman can be prosecuted for the death of her unborn child for any reason. This statute has been the law of Georgia since 1876 and Georgia’s courts have always strictly applied in.

Last edited:
Quit blowing off the question. The pro-life movement is large and well funded and has employed thousands for decades. That cash cow isn't going away. Their next mission will be to impose criminal penalties on anyone who aborts their baby. Will you support that when the time comes?
Anti-privacy rights tyrants will also seek to enact a Federal 'ban' of abortion.

And we should allow individuals to make informed decisions about their personal, private lives – not government.
If Trump made a personal, private, informed decision to shoot someone on Fifth Avenue, that should not be any of the government's business.

And I keep telling you that the pro-life movement is not going away and they have plans for afterward even if you have not even considered it. It does not even matter if you currently agree with those plans or not.
Those plans are to have Griswold v. Connecticut and Eisenstadt v. Baird overturned allowing the states to prohibit or limit access to contraceptives.

Never underestimate a tyrant’s propensity for expanding his tyranny.

Forum List

Back