Abortion Legislation We Can Look Forward To If SCOTUS Favors Mississippi and Texas Laws

TRUMP: There has to be some form of punishment.

MATTHEWS: For the woman?

TRUMP: Yeah, there has to be some form.

Once someone explained things to Trump, he recanted that statement. A very rare retraction.

What do you think would happen after the "pro-life" people get abortion banned only to find there is a flourishing black market for abortion pills? Women will end up having to prove their miscarriage was not the result of abortificants or face jail time.

What do you think would happen after the "pro-life" people get abortion banned only to find there is a flourishing black market for abortion pills? Women will end up having to prove their miscarriage was not the result of abortificants or face jail time.
Again, prior to Roe v. Wade, women were not jailed for getting an abortion. The abortionists were.

What I expect we would see in pro-life states is a ban on abortifacients. Mail-order or otherwise. Anyone caught selling them would be arrested, not the mother.

If Roe v Wade is overturned, I do not expect the number of abortions to decrease. Prior to Roe v. Wade, there were almost as many abortions as there were after Roe v. Wade.

A lot of doctors in pro-life states came up with many reasons to perform an abortion for "the health of the mother".

What I do expect to see if Roe v Wade is overturned are a shit ton of bogus horror stories perpetrated by the likes of NARAL.

Back alley abortion deaths were deliberately exaggerated by NARAL prior to Roe v Wade. The actual number of deaths from illegal abortions was about 100 a year.

Most illegal abortions were performed in the comfort of a doctor's office. Just as they would be if Roe v. Wade is overturned.

From the book Aborting America published in 1973:

How many deaths were we talking about when abortion was illegal? In NARAL [the National Abortion Rights Action League], we generally emphasized the frame of the individual case, not the mass statistics, but when we spoke of the latter it was always '5,000 to 10,000 deaths a year.' I confess that I knew the figures were totally false, and I suppose the others did too if they stopped to think of it. But in the 'morality' of our revolution, it was a useful figure, widely accepted, so why go out of our way to correct it with honest statistics? The overriding concern was to get the laws eliminated, and anything within reason that had to be done was permissible.

Again, prior to Roe v. Wade, women were not jailed for getting an abortion. The abortionists were.

What I expect we would see in pro-life states is a ban on abortifacients. Mail-order or otherwise. Anyone caught selling them would be arrested, not the mother.

If Roe v Wade is overturned, I do not expect the number of abortions to decrease. Prior to Roe v. Wade, there were almost as many abortions as there were after Roe v. Wade.

A lot of doctors in pro-life states came up with many reasons to perform an abortion for "the health of the mother".

What I do expect to see if Roe v Wade is overturned are a shit ton of bogus horror stories perpetrated by the likes of NARAL.

Back alley abortion deaths were deliberately exaggerated by NARAL prior to Roe v Wade. The actual number of deaths from illegal abortions was about 100 a year.

Most illegal abortions were performed in the comfort of a doctor's office. Just as they would be if Roe v. Wade is overturned.

From the book Aborting America published in 1973:

How many deaths were we talking about when abortion was illegal? In NARAL [the National Abortion Rights Action League], we generally emphasized the frame of the individual case, not the mass statistics, but when we spoke of the latter it was always '5,000 to 10,000 deaths a year.' I confess that I knew the figures were totally false, and I suppose the others did too if they stopped to think of it. But in the 'morality' of our revolution, it was a useful figure, widely accepted, so why go out of our way to correct it with honest statistics? The overriding concern was to get the laws eliminated, and anything within reason that had to be done was permissible.
Quit blowing off the question. The pro-life movement is large and well funded and has employed thousands for decades. That cash cow isn't going away. Their next mission will be to impose criminal penalties on anyone who aborts their baby. Will you support that when the time comes?

Quit blowing off the question. The pro-life movement is large and well funded and has employed thousands for decades. That cash cow isn't going away. Their next mission will be to impose criminal penalties on anyone who aborts their baby. Will you support that when the time comes?
You have nothing upon which you base your claim.

I have history, and the fact was that mothers were not jailed for getting an abortion. They won't be in the future, either. The abortionists will be.

But I'm sure that won't stop you or other pro-abortionists from scaring women with that invented future.

Dems do so love killing babies in the womb. Do you think babies Dems abort remember having their limbs ripped off during the abortion when they get to heaven?

I might change sides on this.

Consider the possiblity that SCOTUS were decide to get out of the abortion controversy entirely.

Then CONSERVATIVE parents whose offspring went batshit-crazy "progressive" could exercise their (newly established) right to abort. Even if the defective "infant" were, let's say, 50-years old. Just off the dumb shit and call it a "somewhat late term abortion".

You see the merit in that.........

Last edited:
You have nothing upon which you base your claim.

I have history, and the fact was that mothers were not jailed for getting an abortion. They won't be in the future, either. The abortionists will be.

But I'm sure that won't stop you or other pro-abortionists from scaring women with that invented future.
There are places around the world that do jail women for abortions and unexplained miscarriages so it's a fair question. No pro-lifer has ever been willing to discuss the aftermath of an abortion ban. Seeing as how the newly conservative supreme court may actually overturn Roe it's time to start facing the future. The pro-life movement is not going away and they have plans for your continued support.

A pro-choice moron.

Keep pretending you’re not a lefty.
I am a conservative with a libertarian streak.

There are pro-life and pro-choice members of the Libertarian Party.

In the 2020 election, I had to decide which party more closely aligns with my beliefs. The Libertarians come the closest. The GOP is extinct and is now a cult of personality, and the Dems are too heavily influenced by the far left.

Both Rand and Ron Paul are pro-life. I don't much like Rand, but I admire and respect Ron.

There are places around the world that do jail women for abortions and unexplained miscarriages so it's a fair question. No pro-lifer has ever been willing to discuss the aftermath of an abortion ban. Seeing as how the newly conservative supreme court may actually overturn Roe it's time to start facing the future. The pro-life movement is not going away and they have plans for your continued support.
There is no majority support for jailing women for getting an abortion here. Not even among Trump supporters.

It is possible the Supreme Court will find a way to allow the Mississippi ban on abortion after 15 weeks to stand without completely overturning Roe V. Wade, but it would have to be some really twisted verbiage.

If Roe v. Wade is overturned, and the abortion issue is returned to the individual states to create their own abortion laws, there are several pieces of legislation we can expect to see around the country. I will phrase each one as a question that will be put to the people.

1. Exceptions for rape?

2. Exceptions for incest?

4. Exception for the health of the mother?

5. Partner must be notified of mother's desire for an abortion?

6. 24 hour waiting period?

7. Parental consent for a minor's abortion?

A majority of Americans are in favor of all of these exemptions and restrictions.

The biggest question will be how many weeks into pregnancy will abortion be banned. A super-majority of Americans are opposed to abortions after the first trimester.

Just some stuff to think about.

(edited to delete redundant question)
Maybe we should let science and scientists inform our decision on it.

There's no majority support for banning abortion either yet here we are.
There is supermajority support for banning abortion after the first trimester.

Roe v. Wade allows abortion on demand through the second trimester.

Mississippi's law (which was argued before the Supreme Court a few days ago) bans most abortions after 15 weeks, which is two weeks into the second trimester.

When life begins is a moral philosophical decision. Just like outlawing murder is.
That's not what we will be asking the scientsts. And I certainly hope our national and legal discussion on this complex, nuanced issue is not so hamhanded and shallow as to be limited to "when does life begin?"

We will be asking them when fetuses begin to experience pain, or to have thoughts, things like that.

Uh, yes he does. Texas just passed a law that penalizes people who get abortions. What stopped them from having the State enforce it and from imposing criminal penalties is Roe v Wade.
Wrong.

The Texas law does not penalize women who get abortions. It penalizes anyone who helps the woman get an abortion. It specifically exempts the women:

Section 171.206: This subchapter may not be construed to authorize the initiation of a cause of action against or the prosecution of a woman on whom an abortion is performed or induced or attempted to be performed or induced.

When life begins is a moral philosophical decision. Just like outlawing murder is.
And science informs those decisions. If science shows us a guys brain is dead and isn't coming back, we may decide letting him die or even euthanizing him is not murder. A philosophical decision, informed by science.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back