Abortion And The Day Donald Trump Ran Away From Honesty As If His Hair Were On Fire

no, flubbing the question, as i stated in the other thread where we discussed this, means he was unfamiliar with the way such anti-abortion laws are generally written.
Stop spinning. Trump was asked to clarify and he did. Trump said he believe women should be punished for having abortions. He was never asked about the way abortion laws are written. You are making things up.

Nothing in your post contradicts anything in my post.

He has already changed his position.

YOu are holding on to a minor incident.

you're attacking based on a flubbed answer to a gotcha question.

he has already changed the position you are attacking him on. i don't know if he explicitly admitted he was wrong, but he certainly implicitly admitted it by changing his position.

if anything this incident shows that his ego does NOT get in the way of him responding appropriately to constructive criticism and advice.

Because YOU do not like the answers he gave, you consider the questions 'gotchas?' Why are you being so adamantly, disingenuous? The questions Matthews asked, were logical extensions of what Trump answered starting with the question from the audience member.

Why would an interviewer NOT ask a pro-life candidate those questions?

I have no opinion on how he answered the question.

I consider the question a gotcha, because it was a setup to get an inexperienced candidate to give a gotcha clip that could be used to attack the candidate instead of having a debate on the issues.

Let's keep it real. Trump will NOT be writing Abortion laws.

THe most he might do is appoint a Supreme Court Justice or two. He will have no control over them once appointed.

This is a non-issue.

Trump was correct the first time, it's simply how our criminal justice system works:

IF, abortion were made illegal, should the woman be punished?

There is no real question. Under our system, all who willingly participate in a criminal act are subject to state punishment. With the three exception, he answered absolutely correctly.
The Whirling Dervish act is not cutting it. Do you say Trump was asked "If abortion were made illegal, should the woman be punished?"

That was the question and he answered it correctly.

Read your own OP. If abortion were to be made illegal.......

The real question is, why back away from it?

Because he is a liar? Because he is a fraud?

The question was asked honestly, and Trump answered it honestly. Your opinion that it was the 'correct' is silly. Laws could be written that would punish everyone, but the woman. The legal team of anybody being prosecuted, would challenge that law

Nothing silly at all. It amazes me you think as much.

The real question is about courage of conviction.

If one seriously believes abortion is a crime, but that those who willingly participates in a crime can just walk.....

That is what's actually silly.

Now, name another law in which an active, willing participant in a crime is not in jeopardy of legal punishment.

Let's keep it real. Trump will NOT be writing Abortion laws.

THe most he might do is appoint a Supreme Court Justice or two. He will have no control over them once appointed.

This is a non-issue.
No one said Trump would be writing laws, so what are you talking about? and the Courts? Trump actually addressed that, and you happen to be making stuff up again. Trump thinks who gets elected will be the one who determines if the court is going to support women's rights or not.

MATTHEWS: I know, what should the law -- I know your principle, that’s a good value. But what should be the law?

TRUMP: Well, you know, they’ve set the law and frankly the judges -- I mean, you’re going to have a very big election coming up for that reason, because you have judges where it’s a real tipping point.

MATTHEWS: I know.

TRUMP: And with the loss of (Supreme Court Justice Antonin) Scalia, who was a very strong conservative...

In Context: Transcript of Donald Trump on punishing women for abortion

Trump was correct the first time, it's simply how our criminal justice system works:

There is no real question. Under our system, all who willingly participate in a criminal act are subject to state punishment. With the three exception, he answered absolutely correctly.
The Whirling Dervish act is not cutting it. Do you say Trump was asked "If abortion were made illegal, should the woman be punished?"

The question was asked honestly, and Trump answered it honestly. Your opinion that it was the 'correct' is silly. Laws could be written that would punish everyone, but the woman. The legal team of anybody being prosecuted, would challenge that law

If one seriously believes abortion is a crime, but that those who willingly participates in a crime can just walk.....

Now, name another law in which an active, willing participant in a crime is not in jeopardy of legal punishment.
What we choose to criminalize or not, is the issue at hand. Not one credible anti-abortion leader or group, came to Trump's defense on punishing the woman.

So one question is, why would Donald Trump want to be so outside of the mainstream, or is he mainstream in the anti-abortion group, and was he the only that was honest -- honest before he did a complete 180, and said he didn't say what we heard him say?

Are you paid in any way to post your non stop anti-Trump smears? A simple 'YES' or 'NO' will suffice. Thanks
:banghead:
I didn't think I would get a yes or no answer, cute emoji tho. I interpret that as how effective Trump's wall would be with illegal immigrants.
Donald Trump: 'Everything is negotiable' - CNNPolitics.com

The wall? The Everything is Negotiable Trump Wall? :rofl:

Trump Won’t Allow Release of New York Times Tapes on Immigration

It was a hypothetical question.
Everyone is having a fit over it.
Hypothetical questions have no real right or wrong answers.
Trump is not a politician. If he had been he would have known right away to avoid any hypothetical questions.
Mathews is a seasoned veteran at politics and he used Trumps ignorance.
Everyone needs to calm down.
The Supreme Court had declared abortions as legal. Has been since the 70's, so it will still be around for a very long time to come.

Once again Hypothetical - not real

3814-1446489654-0ffae1b357109eb2a80203a9a59840ef.jpg

Abortion And The Day Donald Trump Ran Away From Honesty
As If His Hair Were On Fire

Let me start out with saying I consider Trump to be a political insider, as well as a celebrity. For over a few decades now, Donald Trump has publicly toyed with running for US President. He admits he himself is part of the corruption of our politics, by people with loads of money. Back in December of 2015 I wrote that "While Republicans and their allies, as well as their supporters in the media, continue to use the dog whistle of GOP politics, Donald John Trump, Sr., has bravely stepped forward and spoken out loud what others have merely suggested." I wrote Trump was "speaking to the thoughts people usually keep hidden." I added "and with good cause." I believe abortion has become one of those issues, where with good reason, people keep their true thoughts hidden, even from themselves. Enter the tongue-in-cheek, profile in courage: Donald J Trump.

During a public, town hall type of interview hosted by MSNBC, and conducted by Chris Matthews, a woman in the audience asked Donald J Trump, candidate for US President "What is your stance on women’s rights and their right to choose in their own reproductive health?" Donald Trump answered "I’m pro-life...with exceptions, with the three exceptions." Matthews then asked "What should the law be on abortion?" and Trump answered "Nobody knows what the law’s going to be." Fair enough. Donald Trump is pro-life (or anti-abortion/anti-women's rights), and none of us knows what any future laws governing abortion will look like.
4075-1460218440-4ac02603069ebffa4062021c591c2170.jpg

After Matthews said "If you say abortion is a crime or abortion is murder, you have to deal with it under law. Should abortion be punished? This is not something you can dodge." Hell seemed to open up, and Donald Trump answered honestly with what I say many people on his side of the issue believe, yet haven't the moral courage to admit: there has to be some form of punishment for the woman involved. Since speaking the thoughts people usually keep hidden, Donald Trump and his supporters have been spinning so fast they should be offered entry into the, International Union of Whirling Dervishes.

The defense of Trump is that on March 30, almost immediately after the interview, Trump's handlers (the ones he's not supposed to have), put onto Trump's website: If Congress were to pass legislation making abortion illegal and the federal courts upheld this legislation, or any state were permitted to ban abortion under state and federal law, the doctor or any other person performing this illegal act upon a woman would be held legally responsible, not the woman. The woman is a victim in this case as is the life in her womb. My position has not changed - like Ronald Reagan, I am pro-life with exceptions. - Sweet, hiding behind the thin veil of Ronald Reagan.

Make no mistake about it. None of this is a "rookie" mistake. Not the statements Trump made, and not the tired, old, Reaganesque tactic of handlers coming out, and saying the candidate meant to say something different than from what they said. Reagan once said "All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." and I believe his handlers came out and told everyone Reagan did not say that, because he meant something else. One of Trump's on line defenders actually wrote that Trump's rookie mistake "was applying common sense to a question where he did not know the normal legal answer. Which is that women do NOT get punished. When informed of this he adjusted his position accordingly."

How has Trump gone from one who "bravely stepped forward and spoken out loud what others have merely suggested." to being exposed as another garden variety, politician caught in the headlights, like the proverbial deer? I don't know, maybe it was there all along, but this time his crass ambition slithered out into the limelight for even his most staunch defenders to see. Forget about what spin Trump's handlers put out on his web site. Just go to the transcript. And please, somebody call the fire dept. That burning hair has got to contain hazardous chemicals, or toxic substances.

to be continued

Martin Eden "Mem" Mercury

an invite for you to e-mail me at [email protected]

That day Trump wanted the woman punished, the next day it was anyone that was involved and performed the abortion, and next year he will be pro-choice once again ( look over his past words ) and wanting everyone that is not a WASP and approved by him to have one...

There was no rookie mistake because Trump make no mistakes and calculated his response with hoping it would draw in more of the fringe right to vote for him, but it instead backfired and now he want to play it off as a " Rookie Mistake "...

Trump is not a politician. If he had been he would have known right away to avoid any hypothetical questions.
The Supreme Court had declared abortions as legal. Has been since the 70's, so it will still be around for a very long time to come.

Then I guess Bernie Sanders is not going to try and make college education free. After all, the question is "only a hypothetical - not real."

Then I guess Bernie Sanders is not going to try and make college education free. After all, the question is "only a hypothetical - not real."

The Supreme Court has not ruled it unconstitutional to pass such a bill.
Abortion was.

That day Trump wanted the woman punished, the next day it was anyone that was involved and performed the abortion, and next year he will be pro-choice once again ( look over his past words ) and wanting everyone that is not a WASP and approved by him to have one...

There was no rookie mistake because Trump make no mistakes and calculated his response with hoping it would draw in more of the fringe right to vote for him, but it instead backfired and now he want to play it off as a " Rookie Mistake "...

Trump's history of deal making -- the art of the deal, grew out of his getting himself out of mistakes, he alone got himself into. Trump's history is one of mistakes

no, flubbing the question, as i stated in the other thread where we discussed this, means he was unfamiliar with the way such anti-abortion laws are generally written.
Stop spinning. Trump was asked to clarify and he did. Trump said he believe women should be punished for having abortions. He was never asked about the way abortion laws are written. You are making things up.
And unfortunately that’s the way most on the right will respond, particularly on USMB: to spin, lie, and make things up.

It’s also typical of most on the right to blindly defend any republican in knee-jerk fashion regardless the facts of the issue, and regardless the fact that the republican is indeed wrong – strict adherence to the 11th Commandment.

What we choose to criminalize or not, is the issue at hand. Not one credible anti-abortion leader or group, came to Trump's defense on punishing the woman.

So one question is, why would Donald Trump want to be so outside of the mainstream, or is he mainstream in the anti-abortion group, and was he the only that was honest -- honest before he did a complete 180, and said he didn't say what we heard him say?

Of course he was being honest before the 180.

If abortion IS CRIMINALIZED then all the participants are criminals with the exception of the three reasons he eluded to because those fall under duress.

I have many times asked the question. How, if you believe abortion is a crime, do you exclude the woman from any charges. That would go against the way our criminal justice system entirely.

Just as trump could not make abortion illegal, sanders could not make college free for all.

Good Lord.

What truly is silly is having to type that out.

And unfortunately that’s the way most on the right will respond, particularly on USMB: to spin, lie, and make things up.

It’s also typical of most on the right to blindly defend any republican in knee-jerk fashion regardless the facts of the issue, and regardless the fact that the republican is indeed wrong – strict adherence to the 11th Commandment.

You do know the 11th commandment thing was all a big yuuge bs game? Prior to 1980, Ronald Reagan trashed and challenged every Republican who was to the left of himself. And back then, Reagan was considered a right winger. Even at the 1976 GOP convention, Reagan was a hypocrite

The Ford maneuver rests on the defense of state laws which require delegates to vote the way they were instructed. Principally this involves 19 states which held primaries and bound their delegates to vote at the convention for the candidate favored by the voters at home. Reagan's chances for nomination rely heavily on hopes of winning over delegates bound to Ford. If they don't switch immediately, it is hoped that they will at least sit out a ballot or two until their commitments have expired. This put Reagan's conservatives in the position of urging rock - ribbed states' righters to violate state laws. - August 11, 1976 - The Daily Times-News from Burlington, North Carolina​

Of course he was being honest before the 180.

If abortion IS CRIMINALIZED then all the participants are criminals with the exception of the three reasons he eluded to because those fall under duress.

I have many times asked the question. How, if you believe abortion is a crime, do you exclude the woman from any charges. That would go against the way our criminal justice system entirely.
Of course you are wrong. Any law could make the woman exempt from any and all Earthly punishment. :lol:

Forum List

Back