Abductor Muscle Strain

rcfieldz

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2014
U.S.A.
Adductor Muscle Strain - Health Library
For some time I have experienced recurring pain I was told sounded like that of a hernia. But the other night I turned over in bed and felt a snap like a tendon popping. I have had tendon damage to my left foot way back in '75 so I know what happened. But I had to look it up on the internet to know what exactly did happen to me. Well it looks like I will be limiting my mobility to heal. This is a bummer.

For some time I have experienced recurring pain I was told sounded like that of a hernia. But the other night I turned over in bed and felt a snap like a tendon popping. I have had tendon damage to my left foot way back in '75 so I know what happened. But I had to look it up on the internet to know what exactly did happen to me. Well it looks like I will be limiting my mobility to heal. This is a bummer.

Had you injured it in the past?
I find it pretty unlikely you're going to screw up a tendon rolling over in bed.
Mine started doing that and it wasn't long before they told me I needed a hip replacement.

I find it pretty unlikely you're going to screw up a tendon rolling over in bed.
Mine started doing that and it wasn't long before they told me I needed a hip replacement.
Over the years , like I said I had recurring pain in the area but it wasn't acute. I had ridin' my bicycle earlier that day. I had taken up bike riding a few years back to help strengthen my legs and it was not as painful as long walks. I hope I can overcome this setback without surgery. When we get older it always seems like something ya know.

Over the years , like I said I had recurring pain in the area but it wasn't acute. I had ridin' my bicycle earlier that day. I had taken up bike riding a few years back to help strengthen my legs and it was not as painful as long walks. I hope I can overcome this setback without surgery. When we get older it always seems like something ya know.

Mine started as a dull ache. And strangely enough the pain was worse while lying down,then it started popping.
Turns out I just flat wore it out and I can expect the other one to take a shit on me as well.
A whole lot of cycling and hacky sack in my youth being the most likely culprit according to the doc.

Do you stretch everyday? If not you should. That may decrease the chance of getting injuries, strains etc such as these. or it may not but is it worth doing a little reading to decide for yourself.

I have since I was a boy and through years of martial arts, football and every other exercise I can think of, it is a daily routine I am firmly convinced it has prevented injury and kept me flexible.

Does Stretching Prevent Injury in Exercise?

"Although studies about the benefits of stretching are mixed, stretching may help you improve your joint range of motion, which in turn may help improve your athletic performance and decrease your risk of injury. Understand why stretching can help and how to stretch correctly"

Stretching: Focus on flexibility - Mayo Clinic

Forum List

Back