What's new
US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Wish...

hjmick

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wish...

I wish...

I wish people would stop attaching the suffix "-gate" to every scandal, controversy, or incident. Menial or otherwise.

There was a reason it was called "Watergate," the didn't just decide to slap "-gate" at the end of the word "water." There was no actual water involved! Watergate was the name of the hotel/office complex!

Knock it off!

Porker

Barack Obama Village Idiot b.1961 Kenya
Reaction score
I wish...

I wish...

I wish people would stop attaching the suffix "-gate" to every scandal, controversy, or incident. Menial or otherwise.

There was a reason it was called "Watergate," the didn't just decide to slap "-gate" at the end of the word "water." There was no actual water involved! Watergate was the name of the hotel/office complex!

Knock it off!

No actual GATE either.

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wish...

I wish...

Knock it off!

The diamond bracelet known as a tennis bracelet got its name after Chris Everett dropped her own diamond bracelet on the tennis court during a tennis match. The name stuck. That is how it happens. Silly but true.

Mr. H.

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I wish...

I wish...

Knock it off!

The diamond bracelet known as a tennis bracelet got its name after Chris Everett dropped her own diamond bracelet on the tennis court during a tennis match. The name stuck. That is how it happens. Silly but true.
If we want factoids, we'll ask for 'em. :slap:

:beer:

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Now we have mediagate................

:dev3:

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who ever asks for the facts here? You have "offer them". Nicely.......

OP
hjmick

hjmick

Platinum Member
Reaction score

skye

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I am ok with that suffix

gate LOL

what are you going to say?

blue dress?

gate is fine :)

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Carroll blue dress? It doesn't work. You're right, Skye. Good call.

skye

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thank you sweet!

alan1

Gold Member
Reaction score
I wish...

I wish...

Knock it off!
The media isn't very good at being creative or innovative, thus their use of "gate" for any perceived controversy. Dumb minds think alike.

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wish-gate.

alan1

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for Gates McFadden-gate.

whitehall

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I wish...

I wish...

Knock it off!

No actual GATE either.
Not much of a scandal either.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$191.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List