A Wish...

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
I wish...

I wish...

I wish people would stop attaching the suffix "-gate" to every scandal, controversy, or incident. Menial or otherwise.

There was a reason it was called "Watergate," the didn't just decide to slap "-gate" at the end of the word "water." There was no actual water involved! Watergate was the name of the hotel/office complex!

Knock it off!

I wish...

I wish...

I wish people would stop attaching the suffix "-gate" to every scandal, controversy, or incident. Menial or otherwise.

There was a reason it was called "Watergate," the didn't just decide to slap "-gate" at the end of the word "water." There was no actual water involved! Watergate was the name of the hotel/office complex!

Knock it off!

No actual GATE either.

I wish...

I wish...

Knock it off!

The diamond bracelet known as a tennis bracelet got its name after Chris Everett dropped her own diamond bracelet on the tennis court during a tennis match. The name stuck. That is how it happens. Silly but true.

I wish...

I wish...

Knock it off!

The diamond bracelet known as a tennis bracelet got its name after Chris Everett dropped her own diamond bracelet on the tennis court during a tennis match. The name stuck. That is how it happens. Silly but true.
If we want factoids, we'll ask for 'em. :slap:

:beer:

I am ok with that suffix

gate LOL

what are you going to say?

blue dress?

gate is fine :)

I wish...

I wish...

Knock it off!
The media isn't very good at being creative or innovative, thus their use of "gate" for any perceived controversy. Dumb minds think alike.

I wish...

I wish...

Knock it off!

No actual GATE either.
Not much of a scandal either.

New Topics

Forum List

Back