A War From One Side

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's right....it does.

Science accepts what the Bible wrote 3 millennia ago: the Universe had a beginning.

How many times must you be told that?

Science now agrees with the order outlined in the Bible.

Did you go to government school.....you seem a bit slow.
Well, science doesn't agree with the first line of the bible, and it goes downhill from there. As for a beginning, science can't see that far back so can only theorize (guess) what happened. And science doesn't pretend to say who and why the universe was created. And I don't mind it when you try to put me down, that's always a sign that your arguments are weak and you know it, so you reach for the insult out of frustration.

Your reality is not something that I'm interested in, I go with facts, not fantasy.

My reality?

Have you ever heard of 'the dictionary'???

What does heavens refer to?

1 : the expanse of space that seems to be over the earth like a dome : firmament —usually used in plural the brightest star in the heavens. 2a often capitalized : the dwelling place of the Deity and the blessed dead hopes to go to Heaven when she dies. b : a spiritual state of everlasting communion with God.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/heaven

Heaven Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

Don't be a dope your whole life.......take a day off.

My reality?

Have you ever heard of 'the dictionary'???

What does heavens refer to?

1 : the expanse of space that seems to be over the earth like a dome : firmament —usually used in plural the brightest star in the heavens. 2a often capitalized : the dwelling place of the Deity and the blessed dead hopes to go to Heaven when she dies. b : a spiritual state of everlasting communion with God.
Definition of HEAVEN

Heaven Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

Definition of HEAVEN
Definition of HEAVEN
Definition of HEAVEN
Don't be a dope your whole life.......take a day off.
We went through this already, god created the earth in the first line of the bible. Not what science says and you know it.

You've already lost, now stfu and go sit down.

Actually, quite the opposite.

Did you notice that the winner never attempts to silence the loser????

Did you, loser?

1. Continuing with that theme, how do you explain the 3 thousand year old book naming the actual order of creations that science has just lately come to accept????

2. Modern science has largely revealed the earth’s history with respect to the land and the seas. Coincidently, the first chapter of the Bible relates a formation, a creation narrative, strangely similar to scientific understanding.

a. Genesis 1: 6-10…”And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dryland appear: and it was so. And God called the dry landEarth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it wasgood.

b. “The formation of the sea as well as the land is chosen as the second stage in the creation on the Bible’s first page. Modern science reveals that land and sea certainly were in place before the next stage in the scientific account of the history of the universe.” Parker, “The Genesis Enigma,” p.54. What a coincidence….or confluence.

Curious, the author of Genesis lived in a landlocked region; and Moses wandered in the desert, not along the coast. Yet…sea and land appear in this prominent position in Genesis. Must be a coincidence….

3. The opening page of Genesis asserts that plant life appeared after the seas were formed, and names specifically, grass, herbs and fruit trees. According to the author of Genesis, this is the stage where life actually begins: this is the first mention life of any kind. Plant life. Yet, the simple forms of life that are considered plant life were not discovered until a couple of millennia after Genesis was completed. So…how come Genesis mentions grass, herbs, and fruit trees at precisely this moment on the creation narrative? Parker, “The Genesis Enigma,” chapter four.

a. Genesis 1: 11-12 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed,and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

b. “ From about 400 million years back to 600 million years, all kinds of complex multicellular life would have been confined to the waters of the earth….Our world's ecosystems depend upon photosynthesis to construct the fuel that all life runs on; in an ancient world with conditions similar to today's, you would need plants (as organisms that can make complex "fuel" molecules using simple building blocks and energy available from the environment, plants are known as one type of autotrophs, or "self-feeders") to evolve first, or there would be no bottom link to the food chain.” Biology of Animals & Plants - Origins & History of Life on Earth

4. Track the events in the creation account of Genesis and it’s amazing how closely the events conform to the current view of modern science. An explosion- the universe – oceans/land - plants- …And next, in verse 20, we find: And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

Kind of unusual…since the author of Genesis, and, if we are to believe that the first one to speak those words, Moses, didn’t really live in a habitat that one might call ‘sea side.’

Would have been understandable if this space in the Bible had, instead, have focused on the numbers of land mammals, birds, or insects found in ancient Israel, wouldn’t it? But, instead, marine organisms are specifically named: ‘Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life,…’

Wouldn’t it be interesting if science find lots and lots of marine organisms extant at this point? Imagine if Genesis actually parallels the history of life on earth as expounded by science. Be a heck of a coincidence.

a. A truly important development took place some 521 million years ago, in the geological period known as the Cambrian. “The most abundant and diverse animals of Cambrian time were the trilobites. Trilobites had long antennae, compound eyes, many jointed legs, and a hard exoskeleton like many of their modern arthropod relatives, such as lobsters, crabs, and insects. The Cambrian is sometimes called the "Age of Trilobites"…” Redirect

b. No earlier fossils were found during Darwin’s lifetime: “If the theory [evolution] be true it is indisputable that before the lowest Cambrian stratum was deposited ... the world swarmed with living creatures. [Yet] to the question why we do not find rich fossiliferous deposits belonging to these earliest periods. . . I can give no satisfactory answer. The case at present must remain inexplicable.” http://www.paleosoc.org/Oldest_Fossil.pdf

....life at this stage, about 500 million years ago, was entirely marine.

How could the Genesis writer have gotten this right?

That writer…he’s landlocked, knows little of diversity….what are the odds that ‘chance’ is the answer?

What are the odds?

I continue to be a Christian but I’ll be damned if I believe a dude lived in the belly of a fish for 3 days or that we have a record of God and Satan debating Job’s faith. The Bible is “directional”.

Job is just a teaching fiction.. a story.. many scholars think it a comic novella.

That's right....it does.

Science accepts what the Bible wrote 3 millennia ago: the Universe had a beginning.

How many times must you be told that?

Science now agrees with the order outlined in the Bible.

Did you go to government school.....you seem a bit slow.

The Bible story explains the beginning to a Bronze Age people..

Accurate. The modern theory of cosmology and the opening sentences of Genesis are virtually identical.

Genesis is cobbled together from two differing creation stories... One from Israel and one from Judah.

Genesis is cobbled together from two differing creation stories... One from Israel and one from Judah.

And they both come from earlier stories. Face it, EVERYTHING in the Bible comes from earlier writings. And color me not shocked, those earlier writings don't survive.

Thousands of years will do that to things not made of massive stone blocks

And they both come from earlier stories. Face it, EVERYTHING in the Bible comes from earlier writings. And color me not shocked, those earlier writings don't survive.

Thousands of years will do that to things not made of massive stone blocks

The stories were cobbled together during the time of King Omri who was trying to reunite Israel and Judah.

Most of the stories come from Egypt, Sumer and the Canaanites of Ras Shamra.

The stories were cobbled together during the time of King Omri who was trying to reunite Israel and Judah.

Most of the stories come from Egypt, Sumer and the Canaanites of Ras Shamra.

And even earlier sources that are now long forgotten. There is compelling geological evidence that the Sphinx predates the ancient Egyptians. There are ancient artifacts that defy our current understanding of history.

And even earlier sources that are now long forgotten. There is compelling geological evidence that the Sphinx predates the ancient Egyptians. There are ancient artifacts that defy our current understanding of history.

I know. Ever since I went to Baalbek and Biblos 60 years ago it's been a fascination of mine. Have you read History Begins at Sumer?

I'm gonna guess you're this sort of 'Christian.'

View attachment 544062

Biden's a Kermit Gosnell Catholic.

Biden.....a Catholic?
"Catholic Priest: Joe Biden “Claims to be a Catholic But Throws the Teachings Out the Window”

Catholic Priest: Joe Biden “Claims to be a Catholic But Throws the Teachings Out the Window”
Joe Biden is facing continued criticism from Catholic leaders for touting his Catholic faith but not really living it. The presumed Democrat presidential nom

www.lifenews.com

"It’s official, the main Democrat platform going into the 2020 election is Infanticide.
According to the Washington Post: ‘Joe Biden asked for a pen. Then he reversed a position he’d held for four decades’.
Former Vice President Joe Biden’s U-Turn on the Hyde Amendment on Thursday makes the coast clear: All 24 main contenders in the DNC primary race are, down to the last one, solidly pro-abortion."

Biden Says His Infanticide U-Turn Republicans’ Fault
Biden Says His Infanticide U-Turn Republicans’ Fault, infanticide, Hyde Amendment
canadafreepress.com

He's unfamiliar with the term 'psalmist.'

Jonah is a comic novella to teach that God loves the people of Nineveh too.

I know. Ever since I went to Baalbek and Biblos 60 years ago it's been a fascination of mine. Have you read History Begins at Sumer?

No, I haven't read that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back