A Very Disappointing "Debate" - My 2c Worth

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
For the undecided and even the long-ago decided, this debate demonstrated rather poignantly that neither candidate is very intelligent or quick on his figurative feet. They both flailed at huge softball issues when any reasonably well informed citizen could have hit them out of the park. A few examples from my notes:

• To JB: Nobody goes to prison for "being an addict," especially when you are talking about FEDERAL crimes and prosecution. You "go to jail" if (a) you are a dealer,(b) you commit crimes related to your drug activities, or (c) you are in possession of a quantity of controlled substances that indicate they are definitely not for personal consumption, hence (a) you are a dealer. Biden's many claims that people are in Federal prison for being addicts is simply false, and he should know that it's false.
  • From DJT: The 500+ little Hispanic yoots whose parents are still in the wind CAME HERE WITH PEOPLE WHO WERE NOT THEIR PARENTS! That's why their parents have not been located. And they are all safely and happily with Hispanic foster families and NOT IN CAGES ANYWHERE!
  • For DJT: Biden's claim to "have a plan" for CV mitigation is preposterous. It is axiomatic in war that all the planning goes out the window the minute the first shot is fired. And so it has been with CV-19. The "experts" have changed their minds weekly as the pandemic rolled out, treatment modes have proven effective or otherwise, and the characteristics of the spread of the disease have become known.
  • Why [the fuck] can't the President just say that he has tried to balance the need for precautions against further spread of the disease with the need to keep the economy moving forward, and that shutting down the economy as Biden suggests should have done would have put us in a DEPRESSION?
  • There never was a "Muslim ban." The proof of this is that the most populous Muslim countries were not involved.
  • Why will Biden not own up to his support of the Federal Crime bill in the 90's and point out that THE CONGRESSIONAL BLACK CAUCUS was fully on board with the bill? Are they all racists?
  • Trump's "defense" of his non-payment of FIT was preposterous, especially considering that he and his minions have had WEEKS to come up with something. Why wouldn't he just say that he has paid tens of millions in FIT over the course of his business career, and he makes no apologies for taking advantage of tax provisions that are intended to benefit investors and developers like him? And his statement that he will release his tax returns after the audit is complete????? Who came up with this gem? It just gives more ammunition to those who say he is an inveterate liar.
  • The Hunter Biden-Computer issue was bungled on both sides. From Trump's viewpoint, his only point should have been that the FBI needs to ascertain (1) whether the computer actually belonged to Hunter Biden, and (2) if the files have been modified or corrupted; if not, the the entire Biden family is a criminal enterprise. Biden's "defense" was ridiculous. Nothing unethical? Taking millions in exchange for access to your father is not unethical? Fails the laugh test.
  • Trump should have jumped on Biden's admission that he wants to naturalize the "eleven million" illegals, and point out that the Census Bureau now indicates that the number is 23 million. This admission was a potential goldmine for Trump and he just let it fly by.
So although I will enthusiastically and frequently vote for Our Beloved President this year, as I did in '16, I share the disappointment of the millions and millions of Americans who, if it were possible and meaningful, would vote NOTA* in this election.

I thought the debate itself was far better than the first. I felt that each man was an absolute embarrassment to his party after that shit show...

What I saw from Biden was a man on that stage that is losing his grip on cognative ability to put thoughts together...He stumbled throughout the night on answers, not strong at all...Not only that, but his corruption involving his family, and now reported to have had to kick back to him was glaringly true, as evidenced by Biden's tells like laughing when hit with these charges instead of answering what the hell is going on there...

I sat there thinking of all that the President was able to get done in the past 4 years, against an impressive resistence movement within the Congress...Biden wouldn't be able, in his current mental status, to withstand that type of constant attack, let alone get anything done....As evidenced by his answer on one of the exchanges about why he didn't do anything while a sitting VP, he said he was up against a Republican congress...Really? Bull Shit...

I saw a sitting President that was in command of the issues, and a challenger that was barely able to get his thoughts out coherently, and a challenger that is under fire, and a possible black mail threat that is this feeble...Joe should have taken his retirement, and thanked his lucky stars that he was able to graft the American people for as long as he did...

Trump did well...for Trump.

Still, both of them failed to come up with defensible answers to questions that they knew were coming. Very disappointing.

I haven't watched a "debate" on TV (or anywhere else for that matter)- I did tune in when Ron Paul was *allowed* to play at being a part of the Republican primary shit show-

My take is:

1) Questions are supposed to be asked (by someone) and answers to THAT specific question is SUPPOSED to be answered- is that incorrect? If so tell me how.
2) How are mini-campaign speeches (2 minute sound bites) an answer to a specific question?
3) Why would anyone watch a shit show- anywhere?

I haven't watched a "debate" on TV (or anywhere else for that matter)- I did tune in when Ron Paul was *allowed* to play at being a part of the Republican primary shit show-

My take is:

1) Questions are supposed to be asked (by someone) and answers to THAT specific question is SUPPOSED to be answered- is that incorrect? If so tell me how.
2) How are mini-campaign speeches (2 minute sound bites) an answer to a specific question?
3) Why would anyone watch a shit show- anywhere?

For the same reason people watch NASCAR races...For the crash....

I watch racing for the result- hopefully no crash influences it- it takes a lot of effort by a lot of passionate, highly intelligent (which is not a political requirement) people to make cars do incredible things at a high rate of speed

I watch racing for the result- hopefully no crash influences it- it takes a lot of effort by a lot of passionate, highly intelligent (which is not a political requirement) people to make cars do incredible things at a high rate of speed

But they do...Look, people tune into these debates to see how their candidate responds to issues...On that note last night I thought that Biden looked weak, and deciptive...Where as Trump looked like he had command of the issues regardless of his irregular syntax in communication...That was clear to me...

Forum List

Back