A Tucson, Arizona police officer shot a man in a wheelchair 9 times, killing him. The department has fired him

^^^ An armed person then. Rodent was just my chosen name for the little crap.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The chances of the person being able to harm someone was extremely low. I never understand what the pressing need in so many cases are. "Do what I say right this instance or I will kill you". This attitude is why many of us would like to see mental health experts show up.

You also have no idea what the person was going through. Maybe they have mental health issues. Maybe they are depressed because of their situation and looking for conflict. If so the person needs help, not shot nine times.

the video is on social media, for the sick folks who are into that sort of thing

"According to the Walmart employee, Mr. Richards said, 'If you want me to put down the knife, you're going to have to shoot me.'"

Request fulfilled.

Well thats just fucked up!!
It's not like those motorized wheelchairs are all that fast. And all you'd need to do is step up on a curb or a few steps to avoid him.
Let him go into the store and follow him in and warn everyone the guy has a knife.
Eventually the battery will die and he'll be going nowhere.

As a society, why should we have to go to that extreme?

The chances of the person being able to harm someone was extremely low. I never understand what the pressing need in so many cases are. "Do what I say right this instance or I will kill you". This attitude is why many of us would like to see mental health experts show up.

You also have no idea what the person was going through. Maybe they have mental health issues. Maybe they are depressed because of their situation and looking for conflict. If so the person needs help, not shot nine times.
I agree that firing nine shots was most likely too many, but when a person is armed with anything, the safety of everyone else in the picture is what has to come first. If the person who is causing the disturbance lives long enough to look back on the destruction that they created, the best way to help them afterwards can then be focused on. Until then, the lives of the innocent are who should forever remain at the top of the priority list.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

I agree that firing nine shots was most likely too many, but when a person is armed with anything, the safety of everyone else in the picture is what has to come first. If the person who is causing the disturbance lives long enough to look back on the destruction that they created, the best way to help them afterwards can then be focused on. Until then, the lives of the innocent are who should forever remain at the top of the priority list.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

He was in a wheelchair. You simply keep people away from him until someone talks him down.

the video is on social media, for the sick folks who are into that sort of thing

In America, one can burn a hamburger on a fryer or be a cop and kill a handicap person on a scooter and all that happens is each person gets fired. I guess those on the right think people are nothing more than meat.

He was fired pretty fast....guess the department wasn't willing to go to the mat for this guy....

I mean the dead guy was armed with a knife......that is usually grounds for a good shoot

Cop was an asshole and should face murder charges

Almost as bad as this moronic cop a few years ago. This was very disturbing to me.

Forum List

Back